General Discussion Mark II

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Discussion Mark II

Post  Haar_Dragon on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:59 pm

What I recomment is to watch when he warps, turn your camera to the center of the arena so that you can see pretty much everywhere. As soon as those pools start to form, High Jump, they don't hurt you if you're off the ground. There's some corners where the pools don't overlap, so Air Dodge to those areas. He'll launch one of his normal attacks if you land successfully and don't get juggled to death, so from there just spam your block and you should get an opening for two combos or so. If the first one knocks him away past one of the pools, you do have enough space to run to him and continue, but I'd suggest just letting him go and staying defensive.

Marluxia was the third one I beat (after Zexion and Larxene), since I wanted the extra Drive bar, and when I did beat him, I was at Level 49. This is just one of those battles where the block button is your best friend.

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:02 am

The giant black pools? Try and stay off to a side when he's doing those, because if not you're going to be hurting. I would suggest having max High Jump and Aerial Dodge if you can. I beat the data form at like level 99, and each level you have gives you another "count" for the counter above your head if I remember correctly. 

Haar, it's not the absolute best way, but I believe its one of the fastest. What you do is you fuse several Mega Flare commands and head towards the place where you fought the 3 part boss with Terra and Ven, and then go to the middle and use the command. If done properly you should clear out the first few waves instantaneously and then a second use will clear out the rest. Leave and return and repeat as often as necessary.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:09 am

...That's seriously it? It works really well with Terra and just a little bit less with Ven, but in Aqua mode, Radiant Garden at endgame is still only Level 6 (Terra has 10 and Ven has 9). Damn...that sucks.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:13 pm

Guys, I'm watching the Re:Coded movie right now, and it's pretty great so far. They actually did animate the fights with those generic Shadows and the Darkside, so I've got high hopes for this one! Haar, you might want to watch this one. ...Even if it probably doesn't hand out any rewards.

EDIT: Guys. You can no longer consider watching the Re:Coded movie optional. I must insist that you all watch it however you can.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:15 am

But...its existence doesn't really make any sense...Coded had little to no impact on the overall story, it was just fun to play. My mind just kind of goes numb when I try to think of reasons to remove the gameplay from a game that exists solely to be played.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:01 am

Well, for one, the dialogue is written pretty well, the scenes are well-animated, it's not a whole year-long story made into something you watch in a single sitting, there are extra scenes in this one, including a Secret Ending II that seems to have some slight bearing on 3D and beyond, you get to see some pretty neat - if short - fights, it gives some extra closure to Namine and the possibility of closure for Xion, the voice acting is done well (Riku and Roxas, while disguised, speak in such a tone that you can still tell it's them if you know your VAs, but if you're not that sharp, you'd never know who they were), and it sets up a few things, like revealing what Maleficent's next goal is, and telling you what Mickey's letter says at the end of KHII.

Face it, there are reasons to watch it, even if it seems like a fundamentally stupid idea. I'll admit, though, I'm a little biased on this one, since I liked Re:Coded so much when it came out, and nostalgia may be affecting things.

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:08 am

It's there for a similar reason as Days' existence: to shed light on a facet that needed to be explored, in this case, Sora thanking Namine and apologizing to her and Roxas for the shit he puts them through by his necessity of existence over theirs. 

And that's actually part of a glitch with Ven and Terra, be glad you got it to work on both of your boys' files. Because of a way that the system's save works, it'll see that Aqua can do the Final Episode, and since her's is independent of the FE, she'll not be affected by it, but they didn't do the same for Terra and Ven so it's possible to get the FE's enemy levels on their normal files. 

If you're really hurting for levels, I'd suggest doing things like completing the journals or working towards beating the challenges in the Mirage Arena. Failing that, I would suggest using EXP walker if you really can't be bothered. Additionally, using EXP boost is viable but I'm not entirely sure how bad the enemies are with HP orb drops using the Mega Flare Method. (Please keep in mind I ain't played BBSFM yet but I /do/ have a way to play it, so hopefully I can bail you guys out soon.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:25 pm

It's a glitch, even though they're two different levels? I mean, I can see Terra's RG being level 10 as the glitch, but not Ven having a different, lower one.

Well, the thing is, I was kinda already doing that, for the most part. Like, Terra has all the physical commands in his game and Ven's only missing physical is Spark Raid. Really, the only option while still having a goal in mind would be to fill out Aqua's Ability section (at current, she has one of everything except Combo Plus/Air Combo Plus and I think Blizzard Screen, also 3 HP Boosts and 5 Magic Haste.). And even at that, Mega Flare has this irritatingly long charge time...

The HP orb drops are pretty much irrelevant as long as you deactivate HP Prize Plus and Treasure Magnet, but that's probably just because I prefer to take the extra second to Slide/Roll/Cartwheel out of the circle of enemies first. As a side note, when not using EXP Chance/Reload Boost, I ran around to pick up all the munny and stuff...I ended up with at least 20 Confusion Strikes on everybody. Try playing Command Board with 20+ Confusion Strikes in your "Random Crap I'll probably sell later" pile.

Thing is, the level-grinding is FOR the Mirage Arena, and the two secret bosses outside of it. I've gotten through Keepers of the Arena, the only missions left are Villains' Vendetta, plus the two secret-bosses. And is it just me, or are the secret bosses in this game the worst-designed in the series?

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:40 pm

You've hunted down every treasure, too? Why not go on a victory tour of the worlds? And don't just use Mega Flare all the time, that's kind of boring, isn't it? I mean, to each his own, but I'm sure you don't mind the suggestions. Even if you think I'm a crazy for liking Re:coded's plot.

You're reminding me of the time I spent four hours getting Aqua most of her commands half-way through the game in Radiant Garden. So many Confusion Strike commands... so much time spent consulting a guide just so I could break the difficulty curve... not sure I'd do it again, since it took me four hours to get all of that.

...Yeah, they are the worst-designed. Cheap, require you to use your dodge command constantly, tons of OHKO attacks... when I fought VLS, I didn't want to try again, he wasn't fun like the Absent Silhouettes. I enjoyed getting stomped by them because I felt like I had a fighting chance, and could win with persistence and care. VLS? F*CK him. You beat him by spamming commands his AI can't handle and by being lucky.

Look at Julius. He's pretty tough, but not unbeatable. Even though it took me a few tries to beat him, I felt like I COULD. The only cheap thing he had going for him was sealing commands, which while a bastard move, was late enough in the fight that I could power through if I either got lucky or was careful enough.

By the way, KH, could you maybe reduce that picture in size? I think the important parts are being cut off. I mean, I could probably see it better if I zoomed out or saved the picture and opened it in Preview, and I already think I understood what you were getting at, but it merited saying.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:50 am

Every treasure, every sticker, all that. You clearly underestimate my hatred for backtracking. I'll sequence-break 30 times before I'll backtrack once. Sliding Dash is my best friend for that reason.

I DON'T just use Mega Flare. Mega Flare is my Radiant Garden Farming command deck. The characters' decks are as individualized as possible, since I dislike snapping difficulty curves in half. Plus, Mega Flare is less than useless in boss fights...

The only Absent Silhouette I didn't enjoy, looking back, was Vexen. Not only does he have a regenerating shield, he needs to have a clone of your Anti Form too? One which will not hesitate to prevent you entirely from hitting him in his very small timeframe? Hahaha, haha, hahahaha, no. Final Form, good day sir.

Official guide is worth it JUST for the command melding part. Though drop rates and such are nice to have too.

I'm not even really talking about VLS, more so him and MF both. I'd like to note that it's really bad design to make Shotlocks absurdly broken to the point where you can take out most bosses using only them, then make them the reason the secret bosses will waste you. I'll note that I've only ever beaten VLS as Ven. Using two Tornadoes because they drop his health to 1. Because f*ck him. If you're going to instant-kill me while bypassing my Second Chance and Once More, then f*ck you, I'm stunlocking you to a cheap death.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:35 am

...Wasn't totally expecting that. Well, I'm out of helpful ideas. I'm not the type to think of the most practical way to grind, as Edgar will attest to with our shared experience in Disgaea.

I only refer to VLS because I never fought the MF. Because I didn't feel like it was worth it to find a way to kill VLS to get to him.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:54 am

What I did for VLS and MF was similar in each fight, and that was get all the element boosts and get either Thunder Surge or Fire Surge (the ones that are pretty much just the KH 2 Master Form Fire move) and then use those during your windows of opportunity. Use Potions and not Cure/a/ga for VLS. I doubt the fights are actually winnable with Terra because holy fuck when is the invincibility for Dash? Anyway, unless you know you have an opening, do not stop dodge rolling or cartwheeling. Doing so is usually death. 

And yeah, Gregar refuses to grind in a game that basically tells you "turn off your music and listen to podcasts because this shit ain't getting old any time soon".

That said, the ways I know how to grind are proven efficient methods, if you find something else (like my Final Form levelling or if you're in a different area and need some exp for a fight, ask) then by all means. Like when playing on Expert Mode and trying to kill Clayton and the Sneak Lizard (FUCK THEM), I found that doing Olympus and getting Thunder, then going from Cid's shop to the middle of the 3rd District, spamming it, and then leaving and repeating was a decent, if somewhat slow, method for exp and a little munny besides.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:09 am

Thank you for bringing that up, Nebula. I didn't even bother checking it afterward. Should be fixed now.

And yeah, I'm not overly fond of the BbS secret bosses. I'm hoping the Armor of the Master and No Heart are better. To be fair, I also remember sucking at BbS, so take away from that what you will.

And, to be honest, Haar, I personally found Vexen to be the easiest of the Absent Silhouettes. Though, I was a much higher level when I first attempted him than I was with the others. But even then, I managed to get my strategy down pretty quick. Build up distance between me and the Data Circle, run in and wail on Vexen until it caught back up with me, rinse and repeat. I think Anti Sora only showed up 3 or 4 times when I fought him, and once he did, I immediately focused on him and took him out in quickly. He didn't have much health, and neither does Vexen's shield, so I wound up with little to no trouble with him. I beat him on my first attempt. But, to each his own.

The Silhouette that gave me the most trouble was Marluxia, and even then, I still really enjoyed it. It was well thought out, elaborate, and there was a real strategy to it. Unlike the BbS bosses, wherein you just have to dodge and block like crazy and pray for an opening.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

TITAL Characters: Trent, Sylvia
Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
Zombieland Characters: Necro, Crone
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:08 pm

The accepted method for VLS is just to lay down some mines and force his overly-aggresive AI into running into them. Like I said, I prefer spamming Tornado with Ven because it's kinda similar to just flipping the game off. And to add insult to injury, it's replayable. Because you know you want to replay that boss battle.

I guess I'm the only person who never has any trouble with Slide. See, the thing is, I can Slide through things like the Mimic Master's laser beams, but Sonic Impact (that thing you get from Olympus that's basically a second slide) has no invincibility at all. But then again, Sonic Impact is bad anyway, so I tend to not use it.

Well, to be fair, I don't grind very often either. The only game that I've actually done substantial level-grinding is Disgaea 4. Because during the main story, there is no reason to attempt breaking the difficulty over your knee, where in the post-game, enemy levels pretty much double between maps. Starting with a Level 100 boss. Granted this is a game that prides itself on being even more insane than previous installments and has a trophy for doing over (I think) 1,000,000,000 damage.

KH, my problem with Vexen is when he does the move that encases you in ice and warps the Data Circle to you as you're trying to avoid it. Suddenly, the Data Circle is half-filled and you still haven't even dented the shield. Also, Vexen in my file was smart and almost always stayed near the Circle. In other words, it was long, drawn-out, and tedious more than it was hard. Also, Anti-Sora gets stronger each time it's summoned, so it does start easy, but within like three summons it's more worth it to just leave him alone and use your Party as bait.

That's what I mean about the Silhouette fights. They were fun, and they were hard, but you never felt like the game was being unfair. I had some trouble with Lexaeus and his charging attack, but when I found out you could jump over that, it got worlds easier and way more fun. I still remember beating Larxene because...it was just kind of amusing to me. I went Anti Form on her last health bar and said, out loud, "I'll take it!" before speed happened and Larxene had her not-heart torn out.

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:02 pm

So, Nebula, I watched the Re:Coded movie, and… the new cutscenes were nice. But to be honest, apart from the bit with Maleficent talking about the Book of Prophecies, and the new secret ending, I mostly found it to be kind of average. Though, I blame that on the game not having the best plot to begin with. I also continually found myself ripping on the plot holes, mainly, how the hell do you digitize a book? A book with only two lines in it. Yeah, I know, "The memories are still there" and whatever, but it honestly felt like a stretch, even for this series. It is a collection of words on paper. It does not have memories. Now, if someone had claimed it was a magic journal, that might be different. But it isn't. It is just a book. I wouldn't harp on it so much, except they keep building on it, and it only makes less sense the more they do.

And, just as a side note, the Cheshire Cat… Jim Cummings, why?

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:03 pm

>How does one digitize something non-sentient
>Glances over Ansem The Wise's plan in KH 2.
>Likely also has no problems with the MCP randomly digitizing 3 humans perfectly into a computer system

Bro, they've had this going on for a while now. It's not exactly the newest thing, and as we've seen in CoM, memories are a hard to define subject and by their very nature we can't be completely sure about them. Not to mention there's probably better plot holes for you to work on. Like, does the true Roxas and true Namine know of Sora's apology? Has anyone even told Sora "Hey we went younger, digital you into Jimminy's Journal, turns out we fucked up and didn't say sorry to Roxas and Namine"?
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:23 am

It's not that they digitized something non-sentient, that's fine, I can suspend my disbelief there. It's more so that they created an entire digital world, nay, multiple worlds, out of the no-longer present contents of a handwritten book. If the journal had already been tech-based to begin with, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Because, honestly, the whole game seems to imply that it is tech-based, what with Naminé's statement that she was just data meant to pass along a message, implying that said data was planted in the journal by Naminé herself, or that Data-Riku was apparently picked to hold the Journal's content's within him.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Dude, "Memories" is to Tetsuya Nomura as "Nanomachines" is to Hideo Kojima. That the journal held their memories in some mundane way that shouldn't have to do with anything was enough for them to work with it. I mean, Ultimania and the like imply that Nomura does this in Final Fantasy as well; apparently, memory = power in any Nomura-directed game.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:38 am

*shrug* Then I don't know. The "data" could still be the written words, which were there. I don't know how that would work, because the journal seems to imply the data is there because Donald Goofy and Jimminy's memories, perhaps? And as I've learned recently, data can't ever be permanently erased, it's just replaced, and even then not completely. Which is actually accurate for CoM: to restore Sora's actual memories, he had to have the "over-written" ones re-written with the old ones, so by restoring them they got rid of the new "data". 

Tbh it's just a game and it's a small hole in a series where this side game has no real impact.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising on Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:40 am

Does anyone know what RP the 'DWM' in my signature is from? XD
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

http://rp.eliteskills.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:55 am

...My best guess is Soul Eater. Other than that, I got nothing.

Anyway, guys! I was at a convention this weekend. Anyone want to hear about it?

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:25 am

Sure, have at it. Conventions are fun.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:13 am

Where to begin...? Well, it was Anime Boston 2015. Funny how the only convention nearby turns out to be one of the biggest anime conventions around.

I went as Minato Arisato, myself. I think a few of the pictures show me in costume. Oh, yeah, I took a lot of pictures, but we'll get to that. Friday, the first day of the convention, had very few good panels to attend, so a lot of time was spent checking out the Karaoke room and entering my sister into the contest, checking out the Dealers' Room (where they sell official merchandise) and Artist's Alley (where artists sell their wares). Security was tighter this year, for some reason. They had more bag checks, and traffic in the area around the convention center was more regulated in inconvenient ways.

For example, when I went to get lunch in the cafeteria, I had to leave through the main exit, go past the bag check, then go a ways into the mall area. But coming back, they wouldn't let me through, and redirected me to go another direction, then loop around outside until I reached the convention center entrance again. Then I had to get in line and go through two bag checks again...

...But yeah, that happened. There was also a Persona photo shoot! A bunch of Persona cosplayers gathered up to take pictures. I participated, and I've got a lot of pictures of that one. Let's see... I got a Persona 4 print, and it's awesome.

I also got a pin of Aigis, and each of the four Bravely Default protagonists. Got a Tiger & Bunny print and a Minako pin for my sister, and for a friend I got a print of the P5 protagonist and a Minato pin.

There was a guy cosplaying Adachi, too, who we kept running into. I had to be told her was Adachi though, that was embarrassing. My sister told him he'd be recognized more easily if he had a cabbage...

My sister and I did a karaoke duet, and I definitely did badly. I kept trying to go too high and too loud. Should've just dropped a register or two. I wanted to do a different song later, but I didn't have time.

>Still, my Courage has increased!

I missed the Tribute to Monty Oum panel, which I'm sad about. My party didn't want to go because they figured it would be a downer, and I understand that, but there was a mix-up with my phrasing. I didn't make it clear that I wanted to go by myself if they wouldn't come, so... darn.

There were a lot of unexpected cosplays, too! Like Sanosuke Sagara, Himura Kenshin, Makoto Shishio... I took a lot of pictures on the first day. I don't think a single person refused to let me take a picture throughout the convention, which was nice.

Well, I guess I'll wrap up this talk of Day 1 with the most incredible part.

I saw Yoko Shimomura. LIVE. And was able to listen to her concert. And the woman who composed most of the Mega Man series' music was there, too. It was incredible! The band was half-composed of lovably-showoff fellows, and they played a medley of the first Mega Man game's music, as well as a piece from Xenoblade Chronicles, Terra Battle (they gave us a promotional code, too, but that wore off on Sunday, and I couldn't find anyone who played it in time), and even a new track from Final Fantasy XV! That was the first time anyone ever heard that track, they said. I assume that didn't include production team members and the composer herself...

And they did The Other Promise, Dearly Beloved, and Rage Awakened! It. Was. AMAZING. The Other Promise was somber and beautiful, Dearly Beloved was jaunty in places, and Rage Awakened was just insane. It even had a long section that I know wasn't in BBS at all, and it was perfect.

I only got in by sheer chance. It was a ticket-only event, but they let us in because some people had backed out after getting tickets. I still can't believe my luck. I think I've used up all my luck for the next decade, though. I was unable to get to the Q&A Session or the Autograph Signing panel. The autograph would've sealed the deal. I even had a chance to sneak in to the autograph signing, since I had gotten past the ticket-checking part before realizing I NEEDED a ticket this time, but I figured I couldn't soil my memories of the whole event like that. ...And I wasn't sure I could get away with it.

But yeah, that was incredible. All the fan arrangements that add a little novelty to the familiar songs can't hold a candle to what the original composer and her band could do with them. Oh, and this was the first time Yoko Shimomura had ever done something like this. It's a historic event now! And it also means she might do it again sometime.

Unfortunately, they allowed no form of photography, so no pictures of the event. I dunno if there's any video footage, either. A quick YouTube search revealed nothing... so I'm afraid I can't share the best part with you all, which is a shame.

Well, that was Friday. I've gone on an awful long time, so I think I'll cut this post off here. I might upload pictures of cosplayers or something tomorrow, if I don't get too many objections.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:28 pm

C'mon, it's General Discussion. Kinda what this topic is for. Aaand, this makes me really wish I could actually transport myself to conventions. Unfortunately, though, I get a near-minimum wage paycheck, so I find myself running out of money really often between gas to get to work, paying tuition for school, and...buying video games almost constantly. Mostly that last one. Damn my lack of self-control.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Well, with a convention, I think you'll want to plan far in advance anyway. Are there any that get held near where you live?

Oh, and here's some of the pictures I took. If I post 'em all, then we'll be here all day...

^Me as Minato with Narukami

^A way-too-convincing Foxy

...Those are most of the Day 1 pictures. I took a LOT of pictures that day. I left out some, including all of the JoJo ones, which I figure I'd group separately.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top