General Discussion Mark II

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Discussion Mark II

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:41 pm

The HP Drain in Axel's fight...Roxas had a couple points every few seconds...Sora's is near constant...

In the Customize menu, the only thing I could find was a rotation between Technic Attack, Sora Attack, and things like that. I didn't see anything for items. Either way, they like using them on each other a lot, since Donald is a squishy mage and takes more than half his health in damage from almost everything.

I've beaten BBS in Critical and it was kind of a joke. Like, the mobs were still useless and I still didn't have to block in boss fights as long as I was somewhat careful. I imagine KH2 FM is a whole different ball game, though, from what I've heard about it. I might try it at some point, because even in Proud Mode, there were only a couple of fights that killed me. And even then, most of them were events.

That said, BBS Final Mix's Mirage Arena...and its Bruisers. My playstyle does not suit this at all. I get hit by one and pushed into the attack of another, and suddenly I'm dead. Just kinda makes me wonder why they have the Mirage Arena available from the time you're like Level 5, even though you're not going to realistically be doing much with it until late-to-endgame. *shrug* Oh, well.

Anyone else wonder why they bother doing the enemy recolors? It kinda only serves to make them harder to see...

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:48 pm

I've seen the menu Edgar's referring to, but I don't remember it too well. I could take a look and see what the deal is, I've got the PS2 originals right here. Maybe it's exclusive to KHI?

...I'll consider trying Critical, too. I'm not all that confident in my skills, but I suppose I never really put them to the test. I mean, beating vanilla KHI last year wasn't any trouble.

EDIT: Edgar's right, you can set it to either Often or Last Hope. You have to do it for the individual items, though, and choose whether to auto-reload those items. It's in the Customize menu, like Technic Attack and Sora Attack.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Really? Huh...Maybe the reason I never saw it is because I never gave them items, then. Oh, well, little late now I've beaten the game. *shrug*

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:51 pm

See, what always seemed silly to me was when somebody - like me, for example - would complain about ally AI... but never look at the settings that govern them. I wonder if changing those settings might be a good idea sometime.

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:56 am

Well, I set Donald to fight defensively, and I think he actually died MORE. It would help if setting him to Technic Attack (his default) actually worked, because on that setting, he still sees fit to whack things on the head with his staff instead of using his magic...y'know, the thing he's actually good at. Stupiduselessdonald.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:47 am

Something else I forgot to mention: pressing triangle seems to activate special attacks on command when you're nearby allies with MP to spare. I remember finding out about this accidentally in HB when I was with the Beast, who would typically do his lunging move on command when I pushed Triangle.

But yeah, it exists in KH 2 as well, and it's more useful there. Critical isn't super bad compared to Proud, and in fact Critical in some ways makes the game easier. It does make the HP drain a fucking PAIN though, things like that. You WILL miss your health bar come later segments.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:11 pm

In all honesty, I feel like FM made the game less button-mashy. Bringing this up because when I ran out of MP in KH2, it was because I used a healing spell. When I ran out of MP in KH2FM, it could have been anything. Except Fire, they made Fire awful in KH2. And then there were moments when I thought, "Why don't I have MP Haste?" I have never thought that before. I like and appreciate this change, even if I don't know what caused it.

Well, Proud Mode seemed to be kind of a bizarro run for me. The Beast Castle bosses killed me once each (thanks Mickey!) as did Cerberus, but nothing else gave me any degree of trouble. Demyx and Xaldin were like nothing, as was Luxord, but Saix almost killed me and Xigbar did, once. It left me confused...

Does Critical mode do that thing in BBS where there's one less Max HP Increase? Because not having the full HP bar from the three modes before it bugged the living hell out of me. I know it's dumb, but it did.

...I've never found that, ever. The only thing I've known Triangle to do when near allies is Limit Commands. It's so depressing when you activate a Limit Command and there's only one enemy in the area because you're just used to reflexively pressing Triangle whenever it comes up.

Speaking of Limits, anyone have a ridiculously high hit-count record for any of them? I know in the MCP boss fight, Tron's Limit reached upwards of 300 hits, maybe 400.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:19 am

Fire's useless? Maybe in base form, sure, but not in Wisdom, Master, or Final, ESPECIALLY Final. Try using Wisdom Form (to get a feel for it), equipping Axel's Keyblade (Bond of Flame, right?) to maximize the damage. It's fairly silly how fast the damage goes up especially if you have another Fire Boost equipped from levelling up. I will agree that in FM you have a lot more... purpose, I will say, for your magic, and I like that unlike in KH 1 you don't just /run out/ anymore in the series unless it's Days.

Expect Critical to be even more Bizarro then. XD And no, they do a thing where Sora's HP increases only count for half as much. This is also effective when Roxas gets HP boosts. So instead of +5 HP per HP Boost, you get 2. I think this might even apply to Donald and Goofy. Don't quote me on that though.

Well now you know. And I always have Auto Limit off, because I don't need the assist and I'd rather use legitimate menu commands or reaction commands when I need them.

I don't remember getting really unexpectedly high Limit hits, no. Sorry bud.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:40 am

I used it in Master Form, once, in the Land of Dragons on one of those exploding carts. I used it in combat once, in TWTNW while grinding Wisdom Form. The vibe I got was an overwhelming "Why would I use this when I have Thunder and Reflect?" I'm just really glad they changed it back to a homing fireball for every installment post-2.

Holy hell, so your health bar is only half the size by the end of the game? That's kind of a scary thought. Until I remember that endgame bosses in the series tend to trigger Second Chance and Once More regardless of how much HP you have.

You think Limit Commands are a crutch? I was playing BBSFM earlier, using Prism Rain in the Final Episode. Chewed off more than half his HP meter. Final boss, half his HP meter gone. THAT is a crutch. If I knew it would've done that much, I'd have ignored it...the second phase (that I was on) is easy anyway...

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:18 pm

I have an .iso of BBSFM, which I need to get to playing soon. And no, I don't like having AUTO-Limit, the command that's a waste of 1 AP. Limits are fine and not that much of a crutch. You either can not use them and save them for a slightly harder encounter or blaze through an encounter or two. And during boss fights I almost always go Limit->Form->Limit again for maximum damage output with the most safety.

And seriously, go to like TWTNW and use Wisdom Firaga. Or Final Firaga, which is even more godly. And sure, Thunder is more useful mid-game, but once you get any kind of Fire Boost Firaga gets really really strong. Though to each their own playstyle.

That said: I never fucking use KH2 summons, and abuse KH1 and Re:CoM summons.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:38 am

Strangely enough, CoM was the only game where I ever used Summons. I forget they're even in KH1, and in KH2 they're a total waste of Drive Bars. Basically in KH1, I just get paranoid about not having enough MP to heal when I need to, so I only ever use Aero and Cure. Or Gravity if I'm in Hollow Bastion. Because Wyverns.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:58 am

Haar.

KHI Tinker Bell Summon.

End of discussion.

...Seriously, that summon is broken... it keeps healing you, so even when you take a hit, it doesn't matter unless you keep screwing up in a short time. It doesn't require you to find opportunities to stop and heal, either. It doesn't seem like much, but when the enemy is only landing occasional hits, or if it only matters whether your HP is 1 or 2, it's great. Plus, I hear it comes with Auto-Life. I never found out, since I never died when I used the summon. It's a shame you can't use it alone.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:06 am

...Oh, right. Forgot about that one. Yeah, it does come with Auto-Life. Doesn't help much when your secret boss has an attack that kills you instantly, but outside of that, yeah...I forgot about that. I did use it when I needed it, though (which I don't think ever happened outside of that boss...)

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:53 am

Welp, my hunch was wrong. Though, I can't say I'm complaining.

If anyone's curious, I'm halfway through Land of the Dragons.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

TITAL Characters: Trent, Sylvia
Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
Zombieland Characters: Necro, Crone
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:29 am

Neato burrito! What difficulty you on, and what do you think of the (sparse at the moment) new content like puzzle pieces and the new cutscene?
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm on Proud. I might do a Critical run somewhere down the line. And I'm liking the extra content so far, though, there's one thing that bugs me. Did 2.5 remove the ability to switch targets with L2 and R2? Or was that not in KH2 to begin with and I just don't remember?

Apart from that, I'm loving it. I also like that they gave you a way to use the right stick to cycle commands, while still primarily having it as the camera-control.

Also, I hate Assault Riders. No tangent like with Haar and the Dancers, I just really f*cking hate Assault Riders.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:58 pm

I seem to remember KH2 having some really weird and stupid way of switching targets that didn't involve L2 or R2. Honestly though, having played BBSFM, I'm finding that the target-switch never seems to lock on to any enemy I'd logically cycle it to, so I personally think it's quicker to unlock and then re-lock anyway.

Yeah, Assault Riders are probably the most irritating Heartless in the game. Good thing they only appear in Land of Dragons and the Coliseum tournaments. Well, most irritating aside from Hot Rods. Hate those guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Funny... I got the same thing. It got lost, so I only received it later that evening, but I got KHII.5 now.

...I'd turn this into a race or something, but I know you'd win, KH. I'll probably play at some unreasonably slow pace, since I'm focusing on some Pokémon stuff right now.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:14 am

If I remember right if you like hold R2 in one of the camera modes you can switch, and you can do it normally in the other. Or maybe I'm also crazy. Perhaps I'm remembering KH 1? I have no clue. POINT IS, I think I knew of that.

Yeah, Assault Riders are really, really douchey. I don't think Guard works on their lunge. Reflect does though! Reflect works on everything! Pro shortcut menu: Fire on Circle, Cure on Square, Hi-Potions on X and Reflect on Triangle. PROS I SAY. Additionally, Aerial combos are /way/ faster than ground ones in Kingdom Hearts 2. Like. Really, really fast. I'm tired and it's 2:30 am. So here comes minor rants on tips and stuff for Final Mix.

Don't go for Zexion when he becomes available. It's not worth it right then. Though that IS the "book realm" I was talking about during the big fight in the House in TITAL.

Don't try to f... no, that's not the proper term for this site. Don't run straight into Larxene while she's charging up. It's hilarious but you will INSTANTANEOUSLY DIE.

I think Scar gets a little dumber in Critical Mode. Or maybe I'm crazy.

It's totally possible to beat Atlantica with the volume off. Do so if you REALLY want to get the cool secret ending scene.

Limit Form is best. Like it's literally strong enough that I nearly solo'ed the 1k Heartless battle on Critical with it without using Reaction Commands.

FUCK THE MUSHROOM OUTSIDE OF YEN SID'S CASTLE. I HATE HIM SO BAD. YOU HAVE TO HAVE BERSERK, COMBO MASTER, AND DONALD'S... FUCK. FLARE OR COMET LIMIT, I FORGET, BUT YOU USE THAT, YOU USE THE SQUARE ATTACK, THE AERIAL ONE, THAT HITS THE THING A LOT, BUT YOU ALSO HAVE TO TIME IT WITH MP HASTES TO GET OUT OF BERSERK, USE DONALD'S LIMIT WHILE IT'S FALLING, AND GET LUCKY ON THE LAST FEW HITS. I HATE THAT MUSHROOM.

The mushroom in the treasure room in Agrabah is /great/ for early level Valor and Limit Form levelling. Just beat the ever-loving crap out of it.

There's a really limited supply of the new materials. Guess how you get more? Data Battles! But fuck them! Seriously, I don't think it's totally worth it! Demyx is just unstoppable! Then again, I didn't use a guide for a new thing like I usually did for most of the games, so... there's that.

If you want to min/max your damage output, in all worlds except Colosseum. Coliseum? However you spell it. In all worlds except that and Halloween Town, use that world's character's Limit, then use a Drive Form, making sure you have at least some MP at the end of the Form, and then use a Limit again. Most bosses, after eating this, have about half of their life gone. Exceptions are Oogie Boogie (who can't eat them successively) and the Coliseum bosses (because you can't hit them with the Limits and Auron's Limit is just GARBAGE).

Speaking of limits, save your characters the AP and just take off Auto-Limit. Left Up X is not a hard combo to push. Even in the most hectic boss battles it's not that hard.

Trinity Limit is hilariously useful.

After experimenting with them in KH 2, I can safely say ALL SUMMONS IN KH 2 ARE GARBAGE. I couldn't care enough to see if Peter's revive still worked, I'll check that out tomorrow.

You need Rings and regular abilities to get Lucky Lucky now, and Sweet Memories and I think something else got changed to an ability called Drive Converter, which you can use in conjunction with the Gambler trick from KH 2 Vanilla (throw on as many Jackpots as possible and then go to Yen Sid's tower with the 4 Gamblers) and use that to level up your summons.

I think Master Form does something different to level up this time around? I'm not 100% sure, it's not coming to me at the moment.

TERRA IS A DIIIIII--

I have mentioned this before but Magic-using Forms plus Fire is AWESOME. It's super good. Especially at later levels and with Final Form? Hoo boy. If I remember correctly, two Firagas with two Fire Boosts (one from Axel's Keyblade, another from levelling up), from like around level 50 or 60 will kill most Nobodies in TWTNW. Or maybe 3. You'll need a full combo for Berserkers and I don't think it hurts the Sorcerors.

There's one of I think two ways to dodge Xaldin's Desperation Move, either move ALL the way to the Castle-side of the bridge, and Dodge Roll/Reflect like crazy, or, max out High Jump and Aerial Dodge to their max for that point in the game, use both with good timing at the other end of the bridge (towards the forest), and then Reflect at the last second. You SHOULD scrape by with no damage in these cases.

It is NEVER worth it to grind as Roxas. Unless it's for the Twilight Guardian or whatever boss.

The Pride Rock trick is no longer usable. Instead, the best way to grind EXP. is to get into Critical state, then use the exp boost skill/feat/ability/whatever its called (it is now 3 am and I am losing my mind) and then going from the room right before Xigbar's boss fight (with the Moogle) to the Graveyard or whatever room and then warping out and repeating. Best done in, you guessed it, Final Form. Oathkeeper and Bond of Flame for best results. You may or may not have to just do one room or part of a room and then go back out.

While you shouldn't immediately go for the Absent Silhouettes, you should definitely go for them by level 30 or so. The special gear you can make from them by that point, like Goofy's Vexen Shield and Donald's Luxaeus staff become useless a little while after that with Save the King and Queen.

The Cavern of Remembrance is hard but fun. It's right at the area where you can pick up Gull Wing.

And now I'm done. it's a quarter after three and this should be good so far.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:10 pm

The Absent Silhouettes sucked the life out of me. Zexion and Larxene are the easiest by far, followed by Marluxia, then either Lexaeus or Vexen. I hated Vexen. Marluxia's is weird in that he gives you a "hit count" where if you are hit with his scythe, it drops by one, and its max is equal to your level. Some of his attacks will trigger a "Restore Count" command if you're near the tip of his scythe when he finishes it, that'll restore your hit count by 13. Very helpful, and he gives a Drive Bar for beating him. The level I beat him at was 49.

Scar was mildly irritating to begin with, but nothing particularly difficult, so him being dumber is in my mind kinda meaningless.

Limit Form is, indeed, awesome for the 1000 Heartless battle. And it's a pretty good Form in general, but my problem is you lose access to your Magic, so no Cure/a/ga. Still, 4 Drive bars to be able to get the full heal during a boss battle solo is pretty awesome, especially if you don't waste away your MP like an idiot (read: me).

I hate stupid gimmicky minigames. The best mushroom to try and farm Tranquility Crystals from is the one in the Underworld Atrium (where you first meet Demyx), just go into Final Form, bring some Ethers, and spam Thundaga.

1 AP isn't really a ton when they're usually short 3 or 4 for the next ability you want, so I personally disagree with taking off Auto-Limit--it can be pretty helpful if you're like me and get killed while scrolling through menus (though that's usually while trying to select Potions from my Items menu).

Lost and Manifest Illusions come from the Data Battles, but I don't think you need to farm for them if you only want to complete the Synthesis Record. I don't really think it's that big a deal, I don't remember anything particularly appealing to be made from that stuff. Of course, this was my first run with active Item Synthesis, but all the same.

Summons...I have not come across a single useful one, but I think Stitch in FM did something different to in Vanilla, so that might have changed.

Lucky Lucky is good, but you get it from Forms now, so it might be a little longer before they're allowed to level up high enough to get it. Nice if you want Donald and Goofy's enemy-drop weapons, though.

Master form does still level up the same way, but it's way easier because more enemies drop Drive Orbs now, plus giving it Sweet Memory and spamming Thundaga works wonders, especially if combined with Oathkeeper. Master form went from, in my opinion, hardest form to level-grind to the absolute easiest. I just run down the mountains from the Village in Land of Dragons, then back up.

Xaldin is way more of a pushover than I remember. Spamming Learn works awesomely well for starting combos, and as for his weird dragon-laser...hide in one of the corners on whichever side is nearest him. He can't hit you and it's super-easy.

Don't even try the Cavern of Rememberance until you've maxed out Final Form. There's a wall in the second area that you can't pass without either Air Dodge-->Glide 3 or just Glide Max. Other than that, hard but fun about sums it up until the room full of Dancers. Though Ultima Weapon removed all danger from them.

And in closing, if you are ever having trouble with anything, and you have your party members...Final Form. It was actually so broken that they made it require an extra Drive Gauge, it's now 5 instead of 4 so that you can't cheese boss battles by going into Final Form twice in a row (what with the new 9-Drive-Bar cap.) Final Form is super-broken, as is Two Become One when placed on any Drive Form so as not to suffer from the Light & Dark ability.

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:15 am

Okay, finished 2FM today(at least the main story) and I have a question. What the hell is the deal with Mushroom XIII? The one at the 1000 Heartless Battle area, I mean. It's baffling me, what in the name of Kairi's no-longer-present panties am I supposed to do?

Also, Haar, I'm glad you had less trouble with Xaldin, because I sure as hell did not. And yes, I tried spamming Learn, as I have seen many people do, and yet somehow, each time I used it, before I could even use Jump, I got hit repeatedly. I'm missing something. Roxas, however, I beat on my first try, no idea how that happened.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm

The Mushroom in Hollow Bastion's objective (if it's the one I'm thinking of--Castle Gates area?) is to hit it repeatedly. S-rank requirement is 75 times, and from what I know, easiest way to do it is with magic (so not Valor Form.)

Roxas gave me a lot of trouble, and in my opinion, he's the best boss in the game. Just really fun, good atmosphere, and hard, but not to the unfair degree of most of the secret bosses. It was really satisfying when I finally beat him. Also, blasting him with three keyblades at once was just funny.

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:22 am

No, not that one. The one where there's a giant line of mushrooms across the area.

Yeah, Roxas was a great fight. It was by no means easy, I thnk I may have just lucked out in beating him the first time. Though, stranger than that, I beat Vexen on my first try. Though, I was Level 50, som that may have had something to do with it. Marluxia, on the other hand, is still giving me grief. He's the only Absent Sillhouette I have left.

Also, I don't think I fully understand how this "Pee-ess-three" thing works. It plays PS2 games in HD, right?

Before anyone says anything, I've only played the first Jak and Daxter and none of the Ratchet and Clank games, so no spoilers, or you will recurve a picture via PM of me glaring disapprovingly.

Last edited by khfreak358 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:41 am

Oh...I think that one might just be there to give you stuff after you've beaten all the other ones.

Marluxia can be kind of a pain, and it relies a bit on getting lucky with his AI. If you see him start to whip up a tornado, block when he swings back. He should launch the attack and get blocked, and if you're close to the tip of his scythe, you'll get the Restore Count command and get 13 hits back. Some of his attacks late in the fight are annoying to dodge (at least two of them got me every time on every run of that fight), but basically, the fight consists of a bunch of telegraphed moves, and you just need to learn what telegraphs mean what commands. It kinda sucks if you get a bad attack pattern...

And does anyone know a good place for Aqua to level grind pre-Final Episode? Because I'm trying to do some Mirage Arena stuff (at the endgame) and to beat Villains' Vendetta, I needed to have Terra at Level 60 and Ven at Level 55...Aqua is currently Level 45, because I can't find anywhere that's good for level grinding, courtesy of those asinine Vials that don't die instantly against Mega Flare. If it can kill a Wild Bruiser in one shot, why the hell does the vial with 1/4 as much HP survive?!

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:56 am

Can you give me some advice, then? What the hell do I do when he brings those giant black pools out of the ground? You know, that take out half your HP if you touch them once? Because that's what keeps screwing me. Once he actually starts taking out my health, I just get owned. ……… In any other boss fight, I'd sound like a total wuss for saying that.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top