Just gettin' this out there for y'all

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just gettin' this out there for y'all

Post  SwampertOwnage on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:59 am

I know you've got a lot of inactive users, myself being one of 'em, but I wanted to clear the limelight up so you guys don't think I'm deliberately wasting space in this (awesome) community. Y'see, I'm an officer in the Civil Air Patrol (USAF Auxiliary), and while this normally wouldn't be a problem, there's a hitch. Most of the members who hold positions of grade (often incorrectly referred to as 'rank') are, quite simply, lazy layabouts. Now, since this isn't the US Armed Forces, we can't just kick 'em out. Why? Because they, for whatever reason, still pay for their membership every year.

Government loves their damned greenbacks, that's for certain.

So my commander, his aide and myself are the only currently operating officers in the squadron, meaning we have to share the load of eight other officers. Who have been members for 20+ years. And are still at the lowest grade possible.

So yeah, while I'd love to join in on some of these other RPs, life and responsibility kinda says 'nope' to that one. I mean, I'd probably be bogging them down with sudden vanishing acts, causing them to grind to a halt while fellow RPers wait for my return. Thanks for having me here, regardless.

SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Re: Just gettin' this out there for y'all

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:15 am

Hey, you're not as bad as a bunch of others we have. They sign up and then post nothing. At all. Either that or they're bots... Anyway, you've still contributed something, even if it's nothing major, and you seem like a nice enough person. And you actually posted an explanation of why. So...don't worry about it!

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:33 am

Well, I 'preciate the appreciation, Haar. I just still feel kinda guilty. I mean, most of you guys look like chill guys to hang with, and I'd really love to chat with y'all. Problem with that though, is the one outlined in the topic post. But again, glad to know you're good with my being here.
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:25 am

No need to feel guilty about it, but I know I can't really stop you from doing that. In fact, we're kinda grateful that you're aware of how bad an idea it would be to jump in with everything else. A lot of the RPs here are being held up because certain people need to post something critical before moving on.

We'd love to have you taking part in a bunch of stuff here, but we understand your lack of free time. Heck, the Admin himself can sympathize with you right there. He's pretty busy himself.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:24 am

I think once school started up, either we were all in college or had jobs prior to that point. Then there's eques, twist and Doc, who I think are still in high school. Which reminds me...
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top