Oh, my god. This was a great and helpful read. Even if you hate the lereddits, read this. It will help.

Go down

Oh, my god. This was a great and helpful read. Even if you hate the lereddits, read this. It will help.

Post  Whats_Up4444 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:34 am

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1jltqn/writers_of_reddit_what_are_exceptionally_simple/cbfyn4u

I'm going to start going through some of my biggest and favorite posts and sees how many times I cross out a word and rewrote it. Who knows, I may get back into RPing again.
Whats_Up4444
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh, my god. This was a great and helpful read. Even if you hate the lereddits, read this. It will help.

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:21 am

Hm. I've always had an inkling in the back of my mind, nagging at me about how it didn't look quite right to use those words so liberally. Over-use of such words just kind of sours the writing, like I'm trying to tell you what to think of a situation in the story, instead of letting you have some freedom.

I'll consider reading it in more depth when I'm not supposed to be sleeping.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh, my god. This was a great and helpful read. Even if you hate the lereddits, read this. It will help.

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Gone through it, and that's definitely an interesting concept. I would, however, prefer to argue that a lot of times it would be better to condense it just a bit. Not always, not often, just...some things don't really need elaboration, or maybe it's something for a later time. And the line "You--stay out of their heads." I disagree. I try to be in my characters' heads as often as possible, in order to give me a better feeling of what comes next. Maybe the reader doesn't need to know, but I definitely do.

That being said, I can see how in most situations it's better to go into more detail, especially since you only ever get one chance to describe your setting. For example, "There was a door off to the side that he hadn't noticed before" sounds like a lazy afterthought or an obvious plot device. Altogether, I will take this guy's thoughts into account, but I hope you'll forgive me if I choose not to abide by them at all times.

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down