Victory: PS4
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

http://rp.eliteskills.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Console War

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:57 pm

XD Saw this last night. Fucking hilarious.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:27 pm

That's... just... unbelievable.

Something straightforward on a next-gen console!? I don't believe it! This can't be! We're supposed to be driven up the wall by the idiotic complications of this kind of thing, and have to pay for everything two or three times!

...So, yeah, PS4 wins. A friend of mine predicted that the Wii U would be the most successful of the next generation. Thing is, the guy has strange luck... he predicted KH1.5 Remix, and that one KH game would go on the PS3, and then that KHIII would be on PS4, possibly on a multi-platform release... It's hard to take his suggestions seriously, since they don't always make sense, but why is he right so often? ...Not that he said Wii U would be the BEST, just the most SUCCESSFUL.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  XGeass on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Wii U has Bayonnetta 2. It wins by default.

And Sony are master trolls.
XGeass
Seth, the Imago Tenebrarum
Seth, the Imago Tenebrarum

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm most interestedin the Wii U. Thing is, I don't really think of it in the same way that I think of the PS4 or XB1. I like to think of it on its own. Nintendo really isn't bothering with trying to compete with those two. They know that it's a shared market.
AKeybladeYouSay
Norio, The Cordis Custodis

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:13 pm

Let it never be said that Nintendo and Sony don't like each other. The guy in charge of Sony has owned every Nintendo console that has been made.

And I would be most interested in the Wii U if not for the fact that the PS4 is going to have KHIII.

I've also received word that the series is going to go through a reboot after KHIII, but then again, I don't know how reliable that is, considering I heard it from a friend, and I don't know his source.

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:24 pm

No, it's true. KH3 ends the Xehanort Arc.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Nebula, I can tell you right now that the Wii U won't be the most successful. It's already selling poorly, and with all the positive feedback towards the PS4, I get the feeling it's going to dominate the market. I could be wrong, but it's how I feel.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

TITAL Characters: Trent, Sylvia
Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
Zombieland Characters: Necro, Crone
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Nintendo is known for fucking up early and making up for it in spades. Just because initial release doesn't do well doesn't mean it WON'T. People are simply waiting for the titles that they want: Smash Bros., a new Metroid, a new Zelda. Once those titles come in they'll start getting way up there in sales, I can feel it. PS4 is going to do strong, XBox is DOne, and the Wii U will come out on top, at least for one year.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:49 pm

I knew about KHIII ending the Xehanort story, but I highly doubt they'll just reboot the entire series...

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Yeah. Why would they reboot? They know it'll just piss everybody off if they try to keep their cash cow going so shamelessly.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Well, why do comic books reboot? They think it'll bring in new fans.

They don't realize that it also majorly pisses off the old fans by erasing the history, but like I said, I don't buy the idea that KH will do it. Then again, no matter how much the fanbase begs and pleads for the Final Mixes, Square has only now decided that they want our money...

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:28 pm

And I seem to recall Nomura saying something along the lines of "Sora is the main character. His role in the series will end when the series ends."

...Who else thinks this might mean that Sora eventually just becomes the next generation's teacher?

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:27 am

I doubt it. It doesn't feel like that's the direction they're taking the character in.

Also, minor nitpick, but I feel the need to correct you here. "Comic books" don't reboot. DC Comics reboots. Quite a bit. At least three times, I think.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay on Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:39 am

Didn't the Spiderman comic have a reboot recently?
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:52 am

No, they just had a new series of books released. It's fairly common in comics. At the beginning of DCs most recent reboot, Batman had a total of four titles focusing on him, the X-Men have had tons of different books about them. It happens a lot.

But no, the most recent Spider-Man series was not a reboot of the character. Though, they did kill off Peter Parker, who was then possessed by Doctor Octopus. Comic books are weird.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:46 am

Xbox Done
Whats_Up4444
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:49 pm

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Hmmm maybe they aren't COMPLETE idiots.....However

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePyRrb2-fzs
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 pm

Well well, Microsoft has got a pair to clank together... 

[Opinion on Xbox One changed from never buy to maybe buy when the price comes down]
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Unfortunately it's not enough for me....so my opinion hasn't wavered...though I will say good on them for ACTUALLY LISTENING
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:39 am

Ugh....I can't believe these guys' comments.

First, a high ranking members of the team tell fans to "Deal with it" in regards to the rumors about the Xbox Durango (at the time) being Always-on Internet Required. 

They most likely changed their plans around making that Internet requirement be a daily check like how it's been.

I'm so happy they fired him.

And then there was the recent quotes from Mircosoft stating "If you don't have a reliable Internet connection, or none at all, you should stick with the Xbox 360"

Bravo. Bravo. :clap: Great marketing. There initial reaction to the disappointing fans of their new console wasn't "change it to make them happy" it was "Well, s***, buy our old console. We ain't gonna tell you to buy PS4".

At this point they just want money. They got rid of the DRM not to please their fans, but to cop out when they know they'll lose the console war this round, and lose a ton of money in the process.

Still need to buy "licenses" for the members of people in the room, or else the system shuts down.

God.
Damn.

MAKE A GAMING CONSOLE NOT A CASH-COW YOU SUCK DRY FROM ITS UDDER!

I'm a big 360 Fanboy here, wish I have own a PS3, and still believe the 360 won it's War, same way Nintendo every War until PS2. They messed up on GameCube. Nothing wrong with it, but DAMN, the PS2 is better than the PS3, 360 and Wii.

I'm still going for the cheaper console. Only reason why PS3 failed was their launch price, which wasn't their fault, blu-rays were expensive as f*** at the time. 

At $699.99, it was the CHEAPEST blu-ray playing device. Sony knew how to price their console and still risked that price. It could have cost $1000 as the price of the blu-ray at the time.

With the decrease of the cost of blu-ray, they can even cost cheaper then a system still running on Compact Discs.
Whats_Up4444

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:18 am

^ That is pretty much why I said my opinion HASN'T wavered....yea sure they listened...

but if you clicked the second link to the song featuring the lyrics Too late to 'pologize you'd have an idea my opinion on this is pretty much

too little too late Microsoft
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:54 am

I just had a miniature rant-fest with one of my friends who agrees somewhat with my views on Microsoft, and I'm damn near close to posting the entirety of my thoughts on why Microsoft is fucking gamers over.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:16 am

By all means, hold nothing back. *grabs some popcorn* Eheheh...

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:05 am

To start, I have a huge problem with Western gaming in general. For over a decade now we've had the X Box, and in its early days it treated us well: who could forget classic titles like Jet Set Radio Future, Blinx, and dozens of others? What about the classic Conker's Reloaded? Games like these, along with stellar graphics, a great name behind it (Microsoft) and what seemed like one of the best consoles to have, who could say that things would, or even could go wrong? Well... they did. My memory with the Xbox is quite foggy, but as far as I can tell, a LOT of the games it had were third-party and were released on multiple platforms. Among these were games I enjoyed: Grand Theft Auto, Lord of the Rings, among others... but I never noticed the difference in graphics. Not even today. And it's first-party games? None that I really recall, and the biggest thing I think it had that I really know was Halo. And that's it.

But, let's take a look at it. Halo took things in a radical direction for the shooter industry. I've played the original, and it really did emphasize the "golden tripod" of attacks: Melee, Weapon, and Grenade. The graphic capacity was something ONLY the Xbox could have handled, with a possibility for the PS2 to perform it and MAYBE, just MAYBE, the Gamecube at some level (Metroid being it's only defense). The game was glorious, and rather unique. However... it opened a floodgate. While the Xbox was definitely capable of handling shooters... it seems like that was it's only purpose. Not to mention, but wasn't Halo on PC as well? In any case, that's what Microsoft gave us that round. But with other games on it, primarily the shooters, and Microsoft being an American company and all, it led to later fuckups with the gaming community.

But for now, let's proceed in time to the previous generation of consoles, one that's on it's last breath. Western games took a fucking nosedive with Xbox, and with some third-party game developers. Let me break this down into several topics: Xbox's failures and promotion of "Western" gaming, Xbox's attempts to re-create successes (or failures), and this leading into third-parties leeching gamers.

So, the failures. Xbox has, to my knowledge, really only been marketing three things that I can see: shooters, third-party multi-platform RPGs, and other, assorted games. Let's look at the first. The shooters are... rather lackluster. Sure, they've tried some different approaches, and are games I rather enjoy (Army of Two, Borderlands, Gears of War, Mass Fucking Effect) and that's good and fine. But for FUCK'S. SAKE. Why does Infinity Ward, and Microsoft for that matter, think that a shitty string of games, based off of Goldeneye (a point I'll come back to later), which have been processed and churned out, with some altered details... how do those make "good games"?! How!? The only thing that I can see is that people seem to buy them initially for the campaign, beat that, and then head straight for the multiplayer. Specifically, the majority that have Live accounts will head online for matches. But as I sit here and wonder, I think to myself: if really what they're wanting is story with good, sometimes changing multiplayer.... Why not have it on PC, with regularly updating content and patches, and let them save themselves some money while maintaining a likely very good game of its own right? Nope. Mass produced SHIT. Gamers will constantly buy the new game, simply because "new maps, 'better game', oh hey zombies".

Which leads into my next argument: third party leechings. I'll get to the successes and failures in a second. Effectively, what Microsoft has done with the vast majority of it's games is convince gamers that so long as third parties develop games that are to their tastes (blood, gore, sex appeal, online multiplayer, M rating) the gamers will likely buy it. Sometimes this isn't true, and it's a whole new set of problems that we have to work with: like... I can barely type at this point. FUCKING CAPCOM. REALLY? REALLY AMERICA? WE'RE LETTING THEM FUCKING MAKE A GAME, THAT IS INCOMPLETE, FUCK US OVER FOR FIFTY DOLLARS, THEN TURN AROUND AND PUT WHAT SHOULD BE DLC ONTO A NEW GAME, WITH UPDATES THAT SHOULD HAVE ALSO BEEN DLC, FOR FREE, IN A NEW GAME FOR ANOTHER FIFTY FUCKING DOLLARS. I admit, yeah, that as a KH gamer, I've pretty much done the same: I bought Re:CoM, I want FM, and I'm likely going to buy any of their re: games. But Capcom is making games half-finished, and then selling that and the finished product, and gamers are eating the hell out of it. WHY. I don't even. There's likely even more examples, but I can't think of any right at the moment.

And finally, Microsoft trying to re-create old successes. As I mentioned earlier, Call of Duty is pretty much Goldeneye, a game that revolutionized shooters it its own way. Not that there weren't other 007 games out there, but this one had such a good multiplayer that other games tried to emulate that success. And not just the multiplayer, but the storyline, too. Though, over a decade later, we're still getting games that are trying to emulate it. Microsoft also tried emulating the Eye Toy in a different method, and it's still just as shitty. Though for whatever reason it seems to be successful, it's still fucking over an old company who made games I fucking LOVED as a kid. I hear that the old team behind DK64 and Conker are working on a new game, though, including Grant Kirkhope, so I'm hoping. Digressing, Microsoft also tried to emulate online gaming, something they already fucking had on their PCs. If they really wanted to offer shooters to people, why not make a gaming PC? Why not just make a whole line of PCs with exclusively gaming capabilities? Fucking... why?

All of this, combined with a strong sense of America's ethnocentrism, is effectively why we Western gamers are getting fucked over. Because of Microsoft, because of X box, we're getting screwed on games, game quality, and so much more.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top