Zeldaman's Run of KH2FM!

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zeldaman's Run of KH2FM!

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:35 am

Huh? I thought I made it abundantly clear that I think Coded is a fun game. Obviously, the story's rather lackluster, especially for Kingdom Hearts, but all the same, it's far from boring to play... The Keyholes provide a refreshing change to gameplay without becoming TOO intrusive, and the holes in the walls whose name escapes me have enough variation in layout that it's still fun to search around them. It's not the best game in the series by any stretch, but it's sure as hell not a waste...

And yeah, I actually did something similar. Riku's only Magic spell is Dark Firaga, and Sora has very little support from physical attacks. It's not pure, but hey.

Also, I beat the game for the first time without changing Keyblades. Have I brought that up before? The initial designs were my favorites anyway.

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:55 am

@Haar they're called sectors. I fucking LOVED Coded, but I think I lost my copy... yeah, I did, actually, during my latest move back last summer. Magic in KH2 pretty much comes down to Cure, Magnet, Reflect, and your choice of attack spell (Thunder or Fire for me these days). KH1 DID have some pretty sweet spells, but if you're talking about a game aspect that's stupid/nerfed as fuck, it's summons. Seriously. I had to FORCE myself to use ANYTHING other than Tink in a game other than CoM, RE or otherwise.

Back to KH1, it's really a matter of where you are and what you're doing. For general purpose I have Blizzard, Thunder, and Stop, and for most bosses it's Aero, Cure, and a filler, typically Blizzard though. Blizzard is just useful as fuck, and Thunder is great for exp farming right after you get it. Third District center is the spot of choice, though I think Wonderland and Deep Jungle have better gains. Eh.

Gonna be swashbuckling here in a little bit, I'm gonna tend to a couple things first though. Almost done with another puzzle.

Any more questions? I love getting feedback, anyone can ask me anything.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:12 am

Oh, yeah, make sure to give us a screencap when you finish, or just when it's mostly done. The puzzle, I mean.

Huh, summons? I never really used them... Except, once, I used Genie. He was alright, I guess...? But in BBS, you get D-Links instead, which change your Commands and if you level them up, give you a couple of extra abilities. An early Aqua playthrough on Proud made Ventus a godsend, with his Haste ability speeding up combos to ludicrous speed.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:19 am

Yeah, D-Links were awesome, although...I made apoint to use each Summon once as soon as I got it, and...they were all really underwhelming for something that used a bunch of MP. I think I used all of Simba, during the fight with Opposite Armor, and didn't touch them again for the rest of the series, outside of the initial use.

D-Links, though...yeah. Ven's is probably the best one, though I do like Mickey (Dammit, Terra!) as well. Actually, they all have their uses, but really only Ven's and Aqua's see any real use in serious combat...in other words, boss fights.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:53 am

I've never used D-Links. Are they really that good? And I'll post caps for puzzles as soon as I finish them, and I'll do all the palette swap caps once I'm done with the game.

Hey, tell ya what though, I'll cap the new shields I got!

Happy Mushroom
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Spoiler:

Happy Mushroom+
Spoiler:

So help me when I get the gear and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 (IT IS GOING TO COME I DO BELIEVE IN FAIRIES I DO I DO) I'm going to do an LP just for you guys.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:13 am

Is it going to have commentary?
I feel like you've probably got a beautiful-sounding set of pipes on ya, Zelda.
AKeybladeYouSay
Norio, The Cordis Custodis

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:33 am

It'll have commentary, it's just dependent on how I record it. If it's with a friend, it'll probably be as I go, no doctoring the footage. If it's by myself and I doctor footage to eliminate grinding, I'll do an after commentary, saying what I do, and adding fun facts or whatever to fill the space not taken up by cutscenes. And my voice is only sub-par, and I'm partially tone-deaf. XD But that'll be a while, if it happens at all. I'll probably put up a recording of some kind of like an intro to the first episode to give you guys an idea of how I sound.

And since you guys are going to be at least my initial focus audience, how would YOU GUYS like me to do such an RPG?: All footage, despite grinding, doctor out the grinding, but have a "during" commentary otherwise, or have a post-commentary? Post-commentary would likely be best for commentating, but "during" might make the experience just a bit better? I dunno. I'm kinda bad at the whole talking while gaming thing.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:47 am

I'd spring for post-commentary, if I were you. Sometimes, you might even think of something while you're playing to say later, then refine the idea by letting it stew in your head a bit... plus, if you say anything regrettable or lame, you can just cut that part of the sound.

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:51 am

And that way I'm not dealing with mismatched recording time and audio lag (hopefully). I just hope Windows Movie Maker can cut it, because I'm not going to want to pay extra for simple software... though I might have to pay for someone to give me a decent flash opening or something.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:15 am

Yeah, you can do that with Movie Maker, but if you plan on recording voice tracks separately, get Audacity. It's free.
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:31 am

Thank you. I'll look into that, hopefully it won't turn out too terribly. I'll post something of the likes when I'm free tomorrow: I'll be working from eleven to four, so I should have plenty of time to kick back and chill, and upload a decent-sounding intro audio for your enjoyment. If I had a minimal-processing power high-quality recorder of some sort I'd do an LP right here and now, but only if it were free. Which I doubt exists. So... hold on for me, guys. I'll get there soon!
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:34 pm

I'M ALIVE! SWEET FREEDOM. Aight, enough of that. I'm gonna unwind before I go googling Audacity, or even before I go playing mah games. I'll let you know when I return to Port Royal to continue on my playthrough.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:46 pm

A little late, I know, but personally, I prefer live commentary. While Nebula does raise a valid point, I personally find that live commentary has a more lively feel to it, because you're actually playing the game as you talk, rather than talking as you watch yourself play a game. All the same, it would appear that I am outvoted at present, so I will accept defeat...for now!

...I want to play a game right now, but I don't know what...P4A it is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:51 pm

I love the speedster characters on there: Chie, Yosuke, and Akihiko are just BRUTAL when I use them. It helps that with Yosuke I'm just all over the screen, but still. XD

Almost done winding down, gonna get to playing soon.

Does Skype record audio? Cause if so, then that means I don't have to download twenty megs of data. And it also means my slow as shit internet doesn't have to kill itself today XD

EDIT: never mind on the recorder. I has one on my computer already. What luck!
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:18 am

I don't go for Chie as much as Labrys, but I get your meaning. Speed is usually my game, too. After all, if you don't give them a chance to hit you...they can't hit you. Granted that doesn't usually work, but I'm fairly decent all the same.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:58 am

Them's fighting words. So much for that, though: I don't have any online accounts. XD Speaking of online, I just managed to get this reply up, and hopefully my internet doesn't crap out in the middle of sending it, but I wanna let you guys know that I may be stalled for updates here and posts on the board elsewhere for perhaps a couple of weeks. I'll keep you guys updated, cause you're my frans. You know. Friend fans. Very Happy

Anywho, after dealing with Port Royal, I went back to Olympus to do the Pain and Panic Cup, and secured the Protect Belt. (Awesome.) I also noticed that in the Journal's there's scribbles on the pictures themselves... though they're written in Japanese.

As for getting a video up of my voice, that'll have to be postponed. Unfortunately, windows move maker is gay, and puts files in a really awkward to work with file extension. Until I get Free YouTube Downloader, I can't get the video up. I'm sorry. My connection speed is horrendous, but once I get the chance I'll spring for it. Don't expect much, though. Razz

Gonna head to Agrabah next, I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary yet, as far as Port Royal is concerned. Wait, I have actually. XD The pirates that shoot you? There aren't just crossbows now. They have legit rifles on them now.

I would like to note: I replayed the Hydra fight as something was bothering me, and it turns out I was right: the attacks in the initial phase of the Hydra fight have been slowed down from their pell-mell pace in the original, so that you can now actually attack the head without damage! This is also in the original, but seeing as how I didn't notice until now, here's a fun fact: once you get to the multi-head stage, Megara shows up at the side of the Coliseum where the two large holes are, and if you approach her you get a small refill to MP and your Drive Gauge, and a decent refill to your HP.

I'd also like to thank you guys for indulging me thus far in my gaming. I know it's not a legit LP (right now anyway) but I promise you guys: once I get the gear, and once I have the time, I WILL make at least one LP for you guys.

I have to say though: I'm disappointed no one's really asking any questions. Like "how did you get started on KH"? or "how come you has 1337 skillzorz, Zelda-senpai?"
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:04 am

Them's fighting words. So much for that, though: I don't have any online accounts. XD Speaking of online, I just managed to get this reply up, and hopefully my internet doesn't crap out in the middle of sending it, but I wanna let you guys know that I may be stalled for updates here and posts on the board elsewhere for perhaps a couple of weeks. I'll keep you guys updated, cause you're my frans. You know. Friend fans. Very Happy

Anywho, after dealing with Port Royal, I went back to Olympus to do the Pain and Panic Cup, and secured the Protect Belt. (Awesome.) I also noticed that in the Journal's there's scribbles on the pictures themselves... though they're written in Japanese. I also completed another puzzle, I'll do a bulk upload of them once I get an opportunity. Gonna go try the Zexion Silhouette again. Wish me luck!

As for getting a video up of my voice, that'll have to be postponed. Unfortunately, windows move maker is gay, and puts files in a really awkward to work with file extension. Until I get Free YouTube Downloader, I can't get the video up. I'm sorry. My connection speed is horrendous, but once I get the chance I'll spring for it. Don't expect much, though. Razz

Gonna head to Agrabah next after the silhouette fight, I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary yet, as far as Port Royal is concerned. Wait, I have actually. XD The pirates that shoot you? There aren't just crossbows now. They have legit rifles on them now.

I would like to note: I replayed the Hydra fight as something was bothering me, and it turns out I was right: the attacks in the initial phase of the Hydra fight have been slowed down from their pell-mell pace in the original, so that you can now actually attack the head without damage! This is also in the original, but seeing as how I didn't notice until now, here's a fun fact: once you get to the multi-head stage, Megara shows up at the side of the Coliseum where the two large holes are, and if you approach her you get a small refill to MP and your Drive Gauge, and a decent refill to your HP.

I'd also like to thank you guys for indulging me thus far in my gaming. I know it's not a legit LP (right now anyway) but I promise you guys: once I get the gear, and once I have the time, I WILL make at least one LP for you guys.

I have to say though: I'm disappointed no one's really asking any questions. Like "how did you get started on KH"? or "how come you has 1337 skillzorz, Zelda-senpai?" C'mon. Questions, yo! Questions!
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:15 am

...I have a question. Why did you post that message twice...? Computer error? Clicked "Send" twice, thinking that it hadn't registered the first time? Demons from another Netherworld invaded and made you double-post just to troll all of us?

Erm, that aside, cool. I don't have much to say, really. Just... don't flaunt your skills TOO much, or I might get jealous and call you out on your lack of skill in a certain, highly-technical Mega Man series... Though, perhaps we're just judging each other on different scales. Perhaps I'm not as bad as Kingdom Hearts as I make myself out to be; I'm just a little reckless, and can't STAND to see the Game Over screen. You probably overestimate the amount of difficulty involved learning all the aspects of preparing properly for battle, and how best to use those preparations in battle. It takes time for that to settle in your brain, and even then, there's the reaction-time aspect when trying to dodge.

...Sorry, I drove things off the rails for a minute there. Er, to get things back on topic, "how come you have 1337 skillzorz, Zelda-Senpai?"

(I almost changed the honorific there, but I remembered that he's actually a bit older than me... if his profile is to be believed. And why do my thoughts all sound like they're being spoken aloud by Troy Baker? Dammit, I need to get off of this Disgaea kick, before it causes anything drastic to happen!)

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:35 am

Well, I didn't realize it, but I guess I had hit send before I meant to. The second message is the one I meant to send, the first being kinda incomplete. And Mega Man Battle Network? It's hard man. It's just... agh. I can beat regular Mega Man games, no prob. But... it's haaaaaaard. Me no likey.

If you have the right abilities, it actually pays off to be reckless... though maybe you're the kind of guy who overlevels for Disgaea to compensate for strategy? I know I've done that sometimes. Trust me, it's just so... Satisfying! You know what I mean. And KH has it's own levelling system. Even if we're comparing CoM to MMBN, it's still quite different. And I mean even the original CoM at that. So... maybe we're just awesome at our own thing.

Why am I so good? I'm glad you asked. Well, I started off playing the games at a really young age... well, not really young. I was about... ten or eleven, when I went to my brother's house to visit for a month during the summer. They told me of a wonderful game they had: Kingdom Hearts. "It's got Disney but Final Fantasy. And the hero? He wields a key like a sword." That was all I needed to get hooked. And hooked I was. I started with KH1, and beat that into the ground, after much trial and error (god damned Chernabog). I was only playing on Normal, though, at the time. After saving the last of my trip money, I bought Chain of Memories on the way home, and loved it. I didn't make much use of the sleights though, and that almost bit me in the butt a few times... I mean, facing Vexen with no Fire spells? Or any sleights? Holy shit dude. Then again, that was also during a time when I would solo all of a Pokemon game with just a Water starter...

Anyway, flash forward a bit. It's now 2007, and after losing my copy of CoM, and owning a PS2, I managed to save up for the one game to change my life forever: Kingdom Hearts 2! It. Was. Stellar. I loved it, and I played it endlessly. Eventually I manned up and went from Beginner to Standard, and from Standard to Proud, over the course of about five playthroughs. I've beaten Kingdom Hearts 2 Vanilla about ten times in total. After that, and getting a DS, I got Days. I loved it. This was my new shit. And on the board for that, I met some of you. And I was swept, through a series of events, onto this forum here. But back to KH. It wasn't until two years ago that I got to play BBS, and I thought I was going to die from over-fanboying. The final meeting before the last fights? Ohmahgod. Loved it. I only ended up having Ven beat Lingering Sentiment and Mysterious Figure though, but it was on Proud, so I'm gucchi.

After that, I eventually got Coded, and now I'm in stasis on DDD.

So, in short as to why I'm so good? I've been a fan for a long time, I've beaten the games multiple times, and I know how the meta of each game goes. While I'm far from the best, I know each game almost by heart (well... minus BBS and DDD) and I'll never stop playing them.

Haar... I forget if you were the one to say this, but I believe you were curious about emulating KH2FM? Or was that someone else?
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:02 am

Quick update before I head to bed: apparently, after finishing Agrabah, you don't get Explosion, but rather Finishing Leap instead. Perhaps a game balancing issue?
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:25 pm

OhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawdOhmigawd.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:29 pm

What are you on about, Zelda?
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Spoiler:

My dreams have come true! Christmas Town Sora, and new music to boot!
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Noyce.
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Yyyyyep! One of the many, awesome changes they included in Final Mix.

Hm, so you started at ten? I started at fourteen, and I only developed real skill at video games in general about a year or two ago... It would explain why I'm better with Battle Network, though; I played the whole series at a young age - even though I had to brute-force my way through it most of the time, being without real skill - so my brain is probably well-accustomed to it. It takes getting used to. Come back to it in about a month and see if it's any easier, but do put Battle Network on hold until you finish this run.

Funny story about my Proud Mode run... I was going to face off with Demyx, and I was DREADING it, I thought I'd be stuck for days and days on him, as I considered him difficult at the time. Then I beat him in one try. I theorize that Proud Mode had conditioned me into playing the game better, causing me to actually use some degree of SKILL when facing Demyx, as I was terrified of how hard it would be, and I was on my toes the whole time. I wonder how I would do, playing now...? Probably a lot better, with just a few minutes' practice.

So, you're at Halloween Town now? From what I've seen, people like the Keyblade you get from beating it twice, as it has an attack power of 6, same at the Ultima Weapon. Personally, I think having a decent Magic stat is important, too, even if Magic is nerfed to hell... I think that's also why I beat Demyx. Instead of using Hero's Crest for its higher attack rating, I used Oathkeeper for its ability and the higher Magic stat.

...All this talk makes me want to resume my most recent run. If only I could remember which save file it was... ah, the woes of sharing my Memory Card with everybody. I'll remember, though, based on my chosen equipment, I bet.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: