I'm Back ;)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I'm Back ;)

Post  Robofloozy on Tue May 28, 2013 3:53 am

Hello new guy, I'm the person who brought persona to this kingdom hearts fest. If you are interested in REM, feel free to write up a bio, we'll get you in somehow.

Also I'm going to be the asshole that say "MY OPINION IS BETTER THEN YOURS" and stick to firmly believing that P4 is vastly superior, because, you know...

TYPING IS HARD.

P.S. The chances of koromaru ever being seen again are slim... Eat it.
P.S.S The fact that minato represents the universe is pure bullshit... I swear if Yu takes a backseat in the series because of his spotlight hogging, I'll have a fit.
Robofloozy
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Tue May 28, 2013 5:01 am

Intermediary powers? Why not, I love doing this kind of thing.

OBJECTION.

Since I'm just gonna add in my two cents and be on my way as per usual, I'll make this quick. Haar: Yu doesn't suddenly get Okami out of nowhere, he gets it from, what I've inferred at least, are the same reasons Minato obtains Messiah: he gets it through the sheer power of the Wild Card's links, and that's how he obtains his power. He is finally able to see the truth uninhibited, with no amount of fog (or deceit) clouding his vision of the absolute truth. Izanami wants to kill humans, that's ONE of her motivations. Her project was to determine, from what she herself felt were the three strongest human concepts (fear, despair, and hope I think they were), and pitted them against each other. Because two of them were negative, and Adachi had damn nearly won, she thought that, since Adachi was her candidate for despair, humanity would be granted its wish (as stated in P3, I believe) and would fall into peaceful oblivion. Also, Koro IS adorable, but his usefulness comes from (in my mind) his ridiculous advantages over some others (Junpei especially) with his strengths, and not to mention he starts out at a REALLY high level.

Robo: P3 was the setup, which then had the Answer in FES. This then had P4 tie itself into P3's story with itself and P4A, which then paved the way for P5 but with throwbacks as far as P2, if some speculation is to be believed. And while P4 might have had more "relatable" S links, P3 in no way has inferior S Links. In fact, from what I've seen, FUCK several of P4's S Links. Temperance, you BITCH, I'm looking at you. Priestess, you're next in line. And while I'm at it, Drama Club, you can leave. You were disappointing as HELL. Granted, I haven't completed all of the P4 Links (only two, dammit!) and I kinda... completely stopped in P3 a while back, and I'm restarting it. Back on track, multiple ways to enjoy games exists. Haar lives for the glory of gameplay, you love the call of character development, and I love finding secrets, glitches, mishaps, unintended occurences, and meta-gaming (which is why FFV still vexes me to this day). And, as a whole? So far, P3 is vastly better than P4. Not to diminish or favor Haar in any way, but I love 3 for some reason, even though it's just crazy harder. (Garudyne Knight, you can fuck off.)

...Yeah, that was the short version.

TL;DR: Yu isn't that out-of-the-blue, Minato or Yu shouldn't be the sole focus, gameplay is dependent on the gamer, blah blah I'm ranting. Nobody reads this anyway. ._.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Tue May 28, 2013 7:31 am

I do~!

As someone who has played absolute zilch of any of the Persona games, I have a unique perspective on the matter.

I've watched an LP of both 3 and 4, and I'd go with 3 as my preference. Mainly because playing RPG games so much, I look for that little bit of fantasy in them, which P3 has, but P4 seemingly lacks. P3 seems a little bit more... surreal than P4.

TL;DR: P4 seems a little bit too normal...
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Tue May 28, 2013 2:58 pm

You're allowed your opinion, Robo, I'm just explaining why I disagree.

And I'm gonna jump to P4's defense here, what was wrong with Priestess?

And from what I could understand, Izanami chose three random people who happened to walk by as a trial, but Namatame and Adachi both failed, and only Yu could manage to succeed.

Also, I know Yu got Okami through S-Links, same as The Universe, but Minato has Death sealed in him. And Nyx. And I'm sick of spoiler tags.

Ultimately, my point is that I really like sad characters/stories/things like that. P3 had way more of THOSE kinds of moments.

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Tue May 28, 2013 5:36 pm

Yukiko? She's... I hate her as a character for several reasons. Firstly: she's shallow and self-centered, and as a character she doesn't stand out to me. She fluctuates between the meek and worthless Yukiko, and randomly giggly/angry depending on what's going on. She bitch slaps several of the guys for no real reason, and barely puts up an apology. Her "distress" and her issue of being manager of the inn was SELF IMPOSED. In Golden, it CLEARLY shows in her secret S Link scene that she didn't tell anyone about her fears of being forced to take over after her mother. When she does? They tell her she didn't have to if she didn't want to. Everyone else has some other personal issue, but she's just selfish. Not to mention, while you can rank her up faster than Teddie, she's sub-par to him as a nuke healer.

Sovereigns are hard to understand. Trust me. XD

You're allowed, I doubt anyone minds.

And that's fine. It's also one of the reasons I like it better as well.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Tue May 28, 2013 7:47 pm

I have not played Golden, and Teddie's voice and puns kinda...annoy the crap out of me. Plus, I never use Ice/Bufu spells for some reason, and always seem to use Agi/Fire when I can...it's weird, but eh. Also, how are Mediarahan and Salvation inferior to...anything at all?

I can see why you might personally like Teddie more...no I don't, but I respect that you might disagree with me, but for whatever reason, but Teddie in the bear suit always seems to manage to make me want to kick him.

Kinda like Yukari and Mitsuru in P3, actually, except with that...actually no, it's not like that at all, I ignore Mitsuru because she has terrible AI.

Back to top Go down

Post  Robofloozy on Tue May 28, 2013 10:34 pm

P4 golden is 1000000000000000 million times better. My Vita is a 200 dollar P4 Golden machine. Marie is an amazing character.

GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGra

Last edited by Robofloozy on Tue May 28, 2013 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics)
Robofloozy
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Tue May 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Teddie is, yes, admittedly annoying to some people. However, I grew up with Nintendo, and I think you've mentioned you haven't. A lot of the games I had had a TON of annoying characters, to some degree or other, and his puns don't annoy me. Furthermore,

Agidyne
Maragidyne
Salvation
Fire Amp
Fire Boost
Samerecarm
Mediarahan
Blah

Is outmaneuvered when Teddie has

Bufudyne
Mabufudyne
Mediarahan
Samerecarm
Ice Amp
Ice Boost
Matarukaja/Marakukaja
Amrita

Plus, he's not as squishy as Yukiko is, and her hidden fan aside (the one you have to go back to the castle to beat the King boss to get) he has more health and damn near the same SP. Also, mid- to late-game Bufu>Agi.

Stop fanboying, Robo. Razz And graphics are only a small part of a game. Very very small.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Tue May 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Graphics? Try playing some GBA.

Zelda, I grew up with a GBA and a PS1, and of the two I played the GBA more, since we only had a small selection for the PS1.

And Teddie only bugs me when he's in the bear suit. When he isn't, I just think he's funny. Which is weird, but hey.

Anyway, that "Blah" that you mentioned was, in my case, Me Patra, which helped me out numerous times. Like I said, I HATE Ghastly Wail.

And yeah, Bufu>Agi late game, I'll admit that, but on a healer, it doesn't really make much difference...and in any case, that was more referring to my own Personas, since my only user of ice was Loki, with Niflheim. Considering the other things I'd unlocked were Neko Shogun with Bufula and Yamata-no-Orochi with Mabufula, you can see why I have something of a grudge against ice...

And does anyone else feel like Elec gets gipped? I mean, P3 gets Akihiko, who focuses more on buffs, and P4 gets Kanji, who's almost entirely physical. Of the two, Aki uses electricity more, but still, when you're casting Mataru, Maraku, Masuku, then one wears off, you stil don't get much chance to use it...

Anyway, on a more random subject, Teddie without the bear suit radiates bishi...

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Tue May 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Lol. That Tomohawk that Kintouki-Doji has is a Bishi Bomb XD

My bad about the Nintendo thing... I remember someone mentioned something about Nintendo on this board...

It does until about mid-game, when some real Elec users get brought out. None really come to mind, since I don't use them, but I'm fairly sure that Elec is Yu/Minato's job XD Unless Aki or Kanji get them.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Robofloozy on Tue May 28, 2013 11:32 pm

Whoa, I'm just saying the graphics are good. AND WHY SHOULD I STOP FANBOYING? Teddies ultimate persona and last move in Golden are amazing.

I'm absolutely not saying the graphics make the game, but they are great. Rofl please don't think of me as some little kid who thinks graphics are great, because it's highly likely I played a lot of the same games as you during my childhood.
Robofloozy
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Tue May 28, 2013 11:44 pm

You youngin's best behave now, hear?
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Wed May 29, 2013 12:00 am

*facepalm*
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky on Wed May 29, 2013 12:25 am

Robofloozy wrote:Hello new guy, I'm the person who brought persona to this kingdom hearts fest. If you are interested in REM, feel free to write up a bio, we'll get you in somehow.

I know I promised I wasn't going to post in this topic again, but I just wanted to say I already have signed up for REM. You can find my two sign-ups on... page 3? Yeah, I think it's page 3.
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:34 am

Zeldaman2.0 wrote:You youngin's best behave now, hear?

*whaps zelda with a cane* That goes double for you ya whipper snapper!!
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:39 am

Oh yeah... I'm like the second or third youngest member on here...

And why don't you post more often, Mal?
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:41 am

honest answer is..... writer's block......also due slightly to lack of time/working so much
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:44 am

Hey, it happens. You'll come back sooner or later. We'll be here.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed May 29, 2013 1:38 am

Zelda, I tell you flat out, you're definitely older than me, gstol, and Eques. Although only a few months older than me, assuming your given DOB is to be believed...sorry, I'm paranoid about the internet a lot of times. And as far as those two protags, I usually end up using Surt, so they're busy covering Fire...although Minato does also get Thor and Odin. Yu was using primarily Loki, but also some Melchizedek, Surt, and Siegfried...I love Matarukaja.

Yeah, my final party for P4 was Yu, Yuki, Yosuke, and Naoto, so I had Wind, Fire, Light, Dark, and Almighty. Needless to say, due to the high SP cost of Megido spells, Naoto ended up using all the Magatama items I'd stored up throughout the game. Turns out, 150 is pretty decent damage right up to the end of the game...who knew.

P3 usually has me using Minato (A-herp!) and Yukari, but the others are up in the air. Usually, I bring Junpei along, but needless to say I don't need to if I've got Koro, and I also take Akihiko a fair bit because...well, so he can have something to actually DO while the final boss is spamming Moonlight Gown. Hooray for buffs!

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Wed May 29, 2013 2:08 am

It is. Same as Edgar Allen Poe's.

Never used Surt, or the other two... at least not yet. I had Yu doing the same until my second go through, in which case I have like five that I swap between now. Scathach and Siegfried among them.

Sounds highly effective... though extremely SP heavy, as you noted XD Perhaps you could have gotten Yukiko the Moon Potpourri, and Naoto the Chakra bracelet? That could have fixed things. And my first end game party was Yuki, Nao, and Chie... I had a Charlie's Angels thing going XD

Where I was (September) I had the kid, Koro, and Aigis. Though I'm not sure that's such a good idea...
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed May 29, 2013 2:22 am

You had Light/some Elec, Dark/some Fire, Physical, and Minato. You don't exactly have much covered...

Also, it was effective, until Yu was running low on SP from spamming Matarukaja with Surt and Naoto was running low from Mind Charge/Megidolaon. Yosuke I wasn't too worried about, since I was healing just about every turn anyway, so I could spam Brave Blade all I wanted. Melchi was a lifesaver against some late-game midbosses. They were jerks and liked to spam Hama and Mudo. Thankfully, despite Melchi being weak against Mudo, I had Null Dark on him, and he was naturally immune to Light. Unfortunately, that left Yu with few options other than to just run in and attack with no fear. Although he was immune to almost everything they had, so...

Also, I didn't have any of those items. I could check and see what I DID have, but I've been playing Arena and I don't feel like switching the PS3 out for the PS2 right now...that and it's after 10 PM here, so I don't even want to turn the TV on.

And it's incredibly helpful to be able to block everything. I feel like the main problem I had in P4 was that I kept running out of SP...why is P4 so cheap with the SP restoratives? P3 handed them out like candy, but P4 it's like "Oh, running out of spells? TOO BAD. KEEP GOING."

Me: Well, screw you too. *leaves TV*

P4: Crap, I forgot he could do that...well, you won't get max S-Links!

Me: ...This is my first run, do you think I give a damn?! Besides, I don't know where they all even are...

P4: Ha!

Me: Which is what the anime is for. *beats game, watches anime*

P4: DAMMIT!

I don't know where that came from...or why Persona 4 was talking to me. Maybe I had too much soda. Or maybe Persona 4 is haunted...I blame the Ghost of Christmas Past. And Miyamoto. Validar?

Validar: This isn't over! DAMN YOU BOTH!!!

Thank you...Fire Emblem Awakening is awesome and you should all play it.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed May 29, 2013 2:29 am

Huh. My setup at the end of P4 was the same: Souji, Yosuke, Naoto, and Yukiko. Because I will never be able to play P4 and call him "Yu Narukami". Same way I'll never say "Makoto Yuki" without stumbling and saying Minato Arisato first.

And I used Trumpeter on Yu (Ziodyne, Megidolaon, Heat Riser, and Debilitate, suckers!) so I kinda had Zio covered. Kinda. I try to avoid doing too much switching on-the-fly, as I tend to forget my weaknesses between battles, or to switch back afterwards... which can result in a lot of pain.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed May 29, 2013 2:57 am

Dude, we're RPing with a character named Minato Arisato with the appearance and abilities of the MC of P3. None of us are EVER going to be able to call him "Makoto Yuki," and none of us are going to care.

Thankfully for me, I happened to stumble across Arena first, so I kinda already knew his real name was Yu Narukami. I think it's a poor translation, given that it's pronounced the same way as the pronoun "you," but eh.

Yeah, my primary Persona was Siegfried the entire time. Who needs a DEF buff when you can just cancel physical attacks, right? Blocking standard attacks is kinda OP, which is part of why I wish they'd left physical as three separate types. Plus, it makes more sense, considering some things would be hurt more by crushing than cutting. Although I do get that we wouldn't have a whole ton of Pierce-type attacks, but an overabundance of Slash and Strike...still. Made more sense.

And on a similar note, Yosuke is an idiot, and I want to see him get in a fight with Junpei. Dammit, P4A, why couldn't you have more P3 characters!? *shakes fist*

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Wed May 29, 2013 3:29 am

So what do you suggest? What should I have for my party? I'm thinking...

Minato (all dat coverage)
Healer (Mitsuru or Yukari?)
Buff Tank (Akihiko or Aigis?)
Nuke (Junpei, Koro, the Kid, Mitsuru/Yukari, or Akihiko/Aigis?)

So, starting with the most important, Healer...

Yukari seems to have the potential to cure status ailments, but Mitsuru has damage capabilities and may cure status. Both can heal. Mitsuru is weak to fire (prominent) and Yukari is weak to Elec (less prominent). I dunno how those change later when their Personae evolve. Yukari has Wind, Mitsuru has Ice, with both about equal.

Then Buff Tank.

Aigis has a Physical Resistance, and Elec weakness, whereas Akihiko has -unda skills, Ice weakness (kinda prominent?) and Elec attacks. Aigis has Orgia mode. Both have Strike, but Aigis also has Pierce due to gun skills. If I have Yukari, Aigis becomes a non-option, due to DOUBLE Elec weakness.

Nuke.

I can't even begin. I'm thinking someone besides Junpei, but I guess I didn't give him a chance.

Halp?

I expect all of the social links in 5 to be all old characters, with a possible male protag playthrough and perhaps an Elizabeth playthrough. (Come on. You KNOW you wanna play as her.) So maybe you get your fight then. And this is just me, but... Hermes, at least, is weak to Jiraiya's element. If weaknesses didn't change in P3, and assuming we're dealing with all upgraded Personas, then Yosuke wins hands down due to speed, skill, and Fire resist, whereas Junpei has just absolute RAW power.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed May 29, 2013 7:10 pm

As far as a healer goes, I'd recommend Yukari without a second thought. While Mitsuru is better at damage-dealing...
<--She does that. Yukari does not.

But that isn't to say that Aigis is not an option. If you max out the Emperor Arcana S-Link, you get access to Odin, whose accessory, when leveled a few times (which should be doable without too much trouble since Odin is awesome), will grant Elec immunity, so you can still use Aigis and Yukari, just give that to one of them.

"The Kid" is Ken Amada, who specializes in Light, but can also use Elec. I never liked the look of his levelled-up Persona, and I never really used Ken himself very much. He blocks Light, which isn't that helpful, and is weak against Darkness, which isn't really that crippling. Note that at level 78, he will learn Mediarahan, so he could also serve as a healer if you have nothing better to do with him. Just know he never gets ma-zio anything.

I recommend Akihiko, just as a whole, for the same reasons you gave. Akihiko makes an excellent debuffer, since he also has both Strike and Elec, so he's an asset in three different ways. His weakness is the fairly uncommon Ice element.

Koromaru is good with Fire, and also has very high Dodge and Speed, which is quite helpful at almost all times, plus he blocks both Fire and Dark, though he is weak against Light. Once again, not really crippling, but the added Fire immunity is nice.

Junpei boasts high Strength, though as I recall, his Speed is only decent. He has Slash and Fire going for him, and is weak against Wind. Combatively, Wind isn't really super common either, and in fact I'd think that at that point they're just trying to instant-kill you more.

Ultimately, I'd recomment your healer be Yukari, hands-down. If you're looking for a Tank, I'd go Akihiko due to the whole -nda set being on his Persona, and for raw damage...Koromaru has the least offensive power, but the most dodge, and is immune to Dark, which becomes increasingly common as the game drags on, while Aigis has Orgia mode and good physical attack. For pure damage, I'd be most inclined, out of those, to ditch Junpei. That in mind, Aigis is weak against the semi-prominent Elec, but can take a few hits and blocks Pierce, probably the most common physical attack, while Koromaru dodges a lot of hits and blocks both the more common Fire and Dark skills.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top