Winds Blown Differently

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Winds Blown Differently

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:52 am

"You don't mind if I borrow this for a sec, right?" Minato asked sarcastically as he caught Nowi's monstrous form shielding himself from the Blizzara with her body. Quickly after, he threw her cutting off Rexial's attack angle.

Ven smirked as his blade came forward and redirected the fireball into the ground propelling him upwards, "Wingblade!" He cried out as the crystalline swords appeared along his back, he raided throwing the weapons at the group of newcomers.

Dark Bloodline RP: Brenna, Jonah
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

http://tital.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:57 am

Henry quickly pulled out yet another different tome, Waste. "Go!" he said, sending two orbs of darkness this time, which caught two of the six Wingblades, but he still took one to the stomach. Health at roughly 56%. Still not low enough!

Nowi seemed unfazed by the attacks, though startled by being grabbed. As she was used as a shield, she snapped at Minato's face. After all...technically, nobody had told Henry no lethal force. Plus, she had a feeling this guy could take dragon-teeth.

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:03 am

Rexial spun around to escape the Wingblade directed at himself. He thought about trying to catch it and hit Minato with it but... that was too risky. If he were certain that he could touch it, it would've been a good chance, but...

Aleri fell down, landing next to Minato, quickly spinning in place and aiming a kick to knock the Wild Card's legs out from under him.

Thinking that Minato would be unable to stop both attacks at once, Rexial swerved behind Minato and aimed a pommel-shot for his temple, hopping slightly to allow Aleri's kick to go through.

[Aleri - Rexial Sync Rate: 85%]

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:05 am

Gavin sharply reacted to the blades, playing bass chords for a duration of three seconds, which formed the notes into beams of light that shot at the crystal swords, shattering them. Robin quickly finished his scribbling, and the words "mythril spear" formed before him, molding and expanding into the shape of a tribal spear. The font changed to a light blue color, and Robin dashed at Minato, holding the spear at a position to either quickly block or attack. Pell still drew in the air, using mostly reds, oranges, and yellows in what appeared to be some sort of pillar.
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:06 am

Skife was up-side down when he saw the crystal blades flying towards him and the group. "Oh shi-" He was interrupted as he found himself slammed into a wall. Skife tried to remove himself, but heard a resounding pop sound, coming from his shoulder. He gritted his teeth and clutched his shoulder in pain, trying, and failing, to heal it. He just sat there, not moving, still half-stuck in the wall and slowly waited for his mana to regenerate. He called to Zero, "Can I get a little help over here? The impact dislocated my shoulder, and I can't move."

Last edited by .//twisted.fate on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Advice)
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:44 am

Zero did two 360 spins to avoid betting hit by a passing crystal, then directed himself to Skife, his fireball caught his eye. "How the hell?!" He started as he snapped his arms up in a quick swipe of Agni, dispersing it quickly. He slid up to Skife and snapped the spike off of his partner. "Can't heal you myself mate, your better off doing yourself" he said turning Ventus then running at him, his blades suddenly glowing red. "Blood Rain!" He called out, slashing at the air, launching the red energy bolts at Ventus from above. These were actually lowered to a stun shot because he had a chance of striking anybody else than was within Ventus' space.

Last edited by Eques tenebrarum on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Eques tenebrarum
Leo the Militis de caligo

http://Fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:42 am

Skife propped himself up on one hand. "Well, now, I'm out of the wall..." He pulled out a small box, and opened it revealing a bottle of blue liquid. He drank the whole bottle, and began to glow blue.

[Ether x1 used]

Skife cast Float on himself, making him return to the upright position. He cracked his neck and growled, "Revenge time." He began charging a spell in his hand.

Last edited by .//twisted.fate on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Asked to change it.)
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:26 pm

<Okay, hold on a sec. Define "Short".>

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:33 pm

<3-4 spells>
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:45 pm

<...So it's an Ether.>

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:21 am

<No, an Ether would allow him to cast White Magic by restoring MP. This only works for the magics I described, i.e anything but white magic.>
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:05 am

<I'm afraid there are a few levels that it wouldn't make sense on. Why would it work on all kinds but White Magic? How does it nullify MP cost temporarily? I mean, you could say it's some kind of endless MP well that is unaffected by a piddling 500 MP, but then, why does it only last a short time? Does it burn out? Why not transfer all that magical energy into a better container?

Plus, it's a bit BROKEN. Does "Ultima" ring a bell? How about the infamous Quick/Ultima combo from FFVI? That takes up about 500 MP, but allows you to instantly get off FIVE CASTS OF ULTIMA, which would deal a total of 49995 damage to all enemies. The downsides were as follows: You had to have Dualcast in order to get off five, as you could only do two without it. You would have to sit through the animation for Ultima five times. And, the REAL problem, you would sped 500 MP on it. ...Actually, the exact number was 399 MP. But, see, this item would nullify the big disadvantage to a game-breaking attack.

And that was just an example. If it lasts for three to four spells, the logical way to exploit that would be to fire off the most costly, overpowered spells possible. Aleri, personally, would've used Ultima and Meteo, which are both costly and actually drain his stamina, meaning he can't cast them twice in one battle. That item would let him do it three times without consequence.

It doesn't make sense, and it's broken, Gstol.>

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:20 am

Blake sighed. Adalade said,"Is something wrong?"
"Nah... just thinking..."
"You can talk to me."
A tear fell down the young man's face.
"Do you know what it feels like to see someone you love die? I have three times. My right-hand man, my adoptive mother... and my fiance. All of them, mutilated right before me!" He began to sob. "I was unable to save them! I just sat there like a fucking retard and watched! Do you know how that feels? YOU DON'T, DAMNIT!" He sunk his face into his knees. Adalade then said a very true to life phrase.

"We carry on."

Meanwhile, on the same road that Blake and the others took, a girl around 20 and a man in his 30s were walking to the house.

<I agree with Nebula.>

Last edited by PsychoticDoctor on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:36 am

<I agree with Haar and Nebula, Gstol. Sudden and out of nowhere arbitrary item that affects only certain magics... actually, all magics but one? And allows FREE, no-consequential casting of potentially ANY given spell? No. I'd say redo it, but that might screw up posting, unless the others are okay with it.>
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:49 am

<Sorry Gstol, But the others have a point, a item that blots out just a form of magic, without a repercussion or a real reason, sounds out there,i'd vote for the change>
Eques tenebrarum

http://Fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:55 am

<It doesn't mess with the posting. I'd say just go back and make it an Ether. Makes sense, we all know what it is, limited potential, not borked.>

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:06 am

<Fix'd>
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:12 am

<I think Skife has had enough time to charge his spell.>

Skife summoned a very large fireball. "Hey Ven! THINK FAST!!" He threw the Firaga ball at inhuman speed, sending the ball hurtling straight towards Ven.
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Who's up for an attempt at a quality feels post? XD>

---Magnacivatas, three years befor WBD began---

Magnacivatas. The city of steel and magic, located near the portal to Resa, the source of the Magiphage, the virus that gave its citizens its magical powers.

Skylar, Blake's fiance, was "killed" by Raiden, a hero-turned-serial killer, but she knew things would turn out for the better, with Blake (hopefully) killing Raiden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCP0Pal_ZUc
<My Hands- Leona Lewis>

Skylar woke up on the Saturday morning which she would change drastically. She sighed a bit after she woke up. "Just don't think about it. It had to happen..." She made her bed, and walked to the bathroom, and started to take a shower. She began to cry a bit. "Did it have to come to that...?" She, once again, thought about other things. After she was done drying off, she put on a purple t-shirt, and some skinny jeans, when her phone began to ring as she put on her make up. She let it go to voicemail.

"Hey Skylar, you still up for hanging out? I'm outside your house, haha."

She sighed, and she finished getting ready. She adjusted her shirt... covering up her mark of the l'Cie. She went outside, and entered a black Scion with her friends inside. Everything was fine until 7PM.

They were at the the Inas Strip Mall, when it happened.

Skylar saw it happening again. She payed Raiden 3,000 Seriz, the currency of Magnacivatas, to fake her death, just so Blake could begin his destiny. She saw him faking her death, Blake screaming in sorrow and agony... And she fell to her knees. "Make it STOP,PLEASE!!! Just make all of this STOP!" She pulled out the knife she kept on her at all times, and ran it down her right wrist. She was bleeding out, and soon passed out. She was treated in the hospital, and was sent to see a therapist for two years. She knew she could not fully recover untill she reunited with Blake.

<The song I posted is making feel so many feels>

Last edited by PsychoticDoctor on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : F**k you copy pasting.)
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:53 pm

<...Please do not replace the word "Emotion" or "feeling" with "feels." Feels is a progressive verb. Emotion and feelings are nouns. Other than that...I dunno, it seems kinda strangely structured. First you say "killed" as opposed to killed, so we kinda know it's not real, so I at least wasn't too bothered by Blake screaming. We also don't really know this girl, so I can't really say it bothers me.

Here's the thing: Just because you've got, let's say an exciting song, doesn't mean that I'll get excited. If I'm reading a fight scene while listening to happy music, the fight scene doesn't suddenly become happy. So while music can provide a good atmosphere, it shouldn't be used out of place. In and of itself, it's not poorly written. If I knew this character better, it'd be quite good. As it is...I barely know this person, so for all I know, she's a total b*tch who completely deserves every ounce of pain. You chose good music for the kind of feeling you were trying to set up, but...the fact remains, I don't care about this person yet.>

<Bob, when do you plan on continuing this, out of curiosity?>

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:50 pm

<Her bio is up. Sorry for any terrible/ confusing posts... I have been very busy...My posts are getting sloppy.>
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:57 pm

<Like I said, it's not poorly-written. I think the best way to say it is that it's poorly-timed. I don't know her, so I don't care about her just yet. Maybe if you gave her a plot arc or two just to make herself known first. And that's not saying make one up, but that general amount of time. Don't confuse me not caring about a character with me calling your writing poor or bad. It's not.>

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:22 am

<Ok lol... should I delay her arrival>
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:26 am

<Well, now would be kind of a bad time. Just considering that there's quite a bit going on in the fight scene. Maybe a day or two afterward in-universe would be better.>

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 am

Ven smirked, "Hmph, I AM fast." He rolled forward and the young man burst into flames, the dodge roll becoming a deflective shield that sent the Firaga hurtling back at Skife. He parried away Zero's attack and countered with a powerful Air Slash, the blades along his back following his movements like an after image.

Minato laughed, "Abaddon."

The monstrous persona appeared in his place and absorbed both of Aleri's and Rexial's attacks, countering with a powerful God's Hand.

Dark Bloodline RP: Brenna, Jonah
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

http://tital.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top