TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This?

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This?

Post  PsychoticDoctor on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:44 pm

"Promise."
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:03 pm

<Because I have the Void Quest in my version, and now there's Monad to explore. Also, for the sheer game-breaking power. It wasn't that much trouble anyway, since it was just three levels. And a level for Beelzebub to learn Victory Cry. Still, I feel like I should've fused Messiah when I had the chance... I don't get an item for maxing out Judgement, so I don't get to fuse him on NG+ until I get back to the endgame. You know, for the sake of completion. If you want impossible power at ridiculous effort, try Orpheus Telos on for size: you need to max out every Social Link in the game to unlock him, and he doesn't get saved in the Compendium.>

"Okay, then. Nicole, that promise your boyfriend just made goes for you too, alright?" She immediately retrieved the item she was holding on to, revealing a sword.

"We held onto the Fragrach sword. See, after its wielder died, and Rex got his head cleared, he decided to go back and grab it. It's more secure here, and in his hands, it's an even more potent blade, since it makes the wielder immune to the only attacks that are really effective against him... Though, for some reason, it balances out by making him slower and easier to hit."

Rekoka held it out to Blake. "Take it for a sec, give it a swing. Don't worry about going mad from the power, it's pretty sobering to have somebody like me in the room when you're wielding that thing. After all, that weapon is all but useless against me, so I'm not worried that you'd try anything, even if you weren't trustworthy."

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Blake took the sword, and held it in his hand. He admired the work put into the blade. He then said,"It's a nice sword..." He gave it back to Rekoka.
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:14 pm

<Telos doesn't carry over? Huh. So he's pretty much Izanagi-no-Okami, except he's a different kind of a pain in the ass (Max everything plus level grinding that's maybe not the hardest vs just level grinding that gets incredibly dull...)>

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:26 pm

<It IS the same. Actually, you know about the leveling trick in P4, right? That one enemy that constantly summons more weak enemies, and using Rangda you can keep it on Rush indefinitely, racking up EXP and Yen? I think the EXP caps out at something like 63552 per battle, though. It's a stranger, but less involved process.>

Rekoka put the weapon away, closing both the doors and beginning to lead the guests out of the secret chamber. "So, next stop? I think we should end with the guest rooms, so let's hold off on that..."

She put a hand to the side of her face, thinking. "...Ah, how about we go see the audience chamber? That's where we would've met, if I weren't so impatient."

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:11 pm

<Actually, I didn't know any such trick. I very rarely level grind, so I don't usually look for ways to make it more efficient. That means that when I DO grind levels, though, I'm stuck in boring, monotonous, repetitive Video Game Hell for hours on end...>

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:41 pm

<Putting effort into level grinding? Oh, you mistake me for somebody who cares enough to do that. It's just a method that's been mentioned on the internet, and it doesn't take much searching to find out about it. I tested it out, and it works, but I never used it myself. I got through P4's endgame with just Trumpeter. I was disappointed that I never got to use anything like Helel. For the record, I've heard that this trick no longer works in the Golden version.>

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:52 pm

<You still put in a google search more than me. And personally, I switched between Siegfried and Sraosha for that endgame.>

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:35 am

Haar_Wyvern wrote:<Actually, I didn't know any such trick. I very rarely level grind, so I don't usually look for ways to make it more efficient. That means that when I DO grind levels, though, I'm stuck in boring, monotonous, repetitive Video Game Hell for hours on end...>

<...I told you this back when you hadn't finished P4 yet. Also, if you beat the Reaper and complete request 53, Monad opens up, where attack strong but defensively weak stupidly high level enemies roam, and it makes grinding a Cool Breeze. Trololo. I used Lucifer's Blade and Messiah for almost all of Nyx's forms, switching only to Odin when needed. And to Nebula, I hope it still works, or that you at LEAST keep your levels. Shit, that takes way the fuck too long to do with the Pringle King trick in the first place!>

"Nice. It sounds fancy enough, and..." Nicole's stomach growls loudly, and, embarrassed, she looks at Blake and Rekoka. "U-um... What was that? A ha ha..."
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:53 am

"Well, that settles it. We're going to the kitchens." Rekoka nodded. "While technically, nobody who lives here needs to eat, we still do it out of habit, and some of the staff are experienced with cooking, so we let them work in the kitchens. I'll send word ahead, so they can get something ready while we walk."

She touched a wall, a shadow extending from her hand and stretching along the surface, darting in the direction of the kitchens. "So, shall we? I'd ask you what you think, Blake, but frankly, it seems like a good time to stop and eat, and Nicole sounds famished."

The girl started walking in the direction she had sent the shadowy signal in. "I'm a little hungry too, if you could call it that. It's not like I need food, either... but, hey, it's little things like this that make us feel human, you know? And the workers here used to be human, themselves. I don't think I was ever human, but Rexial used to be one. Sukiru and I are the only residents who were never human."

"...I'm sorry, I'm not sure what to talk about at this point. I mean, I could get Rexial to wake up and hang out with you guys for a while, but I dunno if I that's the best idea. It's not often he leaves me in charge and takes a rest, so he's either really tired, or just trying to give me a little freedom." Rekoka sighed. "Walking in silence would be too awkward... So, um, did you two know that there's somebody staying here? A traveler showed up the other day, and demanded to see the lord of the castle. When they told him that he was away, they let him have a room, and I've been meaning to meet him all day. Maybe we should talk with this person later? I'm curious as to how he even got into the Realm of Darkness in the first place."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:29 am

<Doc, I forget, was it blood or Mt. Dew that forced that change on Nicole? You know, the one that changed her from a Lady Fighter to a Space Knight? (Gregar, you should get that one XD)>

"Um... that sounds good. But... honestly, you seem pretty cool to me. I was hoping maybe you could tell us about yourself? You seem like you like to talk a lot, and from what I've seen, you're pretty extraordinary." As she walks, she slightly elbows Blake to get him to agree. "Right, Blake?"
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:28 pm

<Yeah, knew about Monad (from an LP by SuperJeenius), but I don't remember anything about level-grinding in P4...eh. I feel like an idiot now, but either way, it only took me a couple of tries to win anyway.>

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:06 pm

<Edgar, I'd probably get it if I felt less braindead right now. The most I'm getting is that she's a vampire or something, and Mountain Dew is evil. Ugh... brain! I need you to function at roughly 30% right now!>
<Haar, the final boss has THIRTEEN PHASES. Twelve time-consuming battles that serve as nothing but build-up for the real fight, and to make sure you're not relying on a single damage type the whole time. That takes too long to disregard if you die and have to try again. If that happened to me, I'd spend some time figuring out where I went wrong, preparing for it, and generally trying to make sure it doesn't happen again. It's a big deal if that fight takes a couple of tries.>

Rekoka scratched her head. "Uh, er, myself? Haha, ah, aheh..." She had an awkward expression on her face. "Er... there's not much to say." Should I make something up...? Or just tell them that, honestly, I don't want them to know?

"It's really, really complicated, and I can't explain it in a way that wouldn't be weird, so let's leave my past at that. What is there to say about myself? I'm the hottest sword-wielding maniac you'll ever meet, nothing about me makes sense, and I have an irrational disdain for vampires. I-I dunno, if you want to know something, ask a question!"

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:16 pm

<I meant the final boss of P4. Y'know, the one with only two phases. P3's I beat with very little problem as far as I can remember.>

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 pm

<Oh! Oh. Ohhhh... My bad. You know, I only died ONCE to her. And that was, like, one of the times I just loaded up the file and beat her for fun, and I had seven continue items left. She pulled out some tidal-wave-attack I'd never seen before and killed my MC and I think another character. That was a surprise.>

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:16 am

<Blood, Zelda.
Fangirl:*squees*
See?>
Blake nodded in agreement. "Wait, what? I zoned out.
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:14 am

<Yeah, same. 'cept it was some other thing that killed me. It definitely hit everyone, so after that I reverted back to my strategy of spamming the crap out of buffs and debuffs. And I actually used one of my...I think four Somas? Didn't do that the first time, and it kinda screwed me over. Y'know, what with the whole "Out of SP" thing.

One thing I've noticed about P4 is that it's REALLY stingy with SP items. I found...six, maybe, throughout the course of the game. It was a major pain when I wanted to do more dungeon-crawling but didn't have the SP to do it. Part of the reason it took me three in-game days each to beat most of the major dungeons. Or is there some really easy way to get them that's going to make me feel like an immense dipsh*t?>

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:34 am

<...*Sigh* SORT OF. You ever check those vending machines in the Shopping District? For 120 Yen a pop, you can buy TAP Soda, each one restoring 10 SP. Orange Smash is for HP. You can buy five sodas before it runs out, and it restocks after a while. They can only be used outside of battle. Also, there's another vending machine by Konishi Liquors, which gives nothing but items that restore 5 SP each, for the same price, same restocking rate and five-in-stock-at-a-time limit. However, each purchase has a chance of netting you a free set of five of any of their drinks, separate from the limit.

So, yeah, there IS a way to get more SP items. It's just that they're not very effective, but worth the time, since they can save you in some tight situations in the dungeons.>

Rekoka shrugged. "Eh, Nicole tried to get me to talk about myself, and that flopped. We're going to the kitchens for some food now."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:40 am

<I think I remember those...except 10 SP is kinda like nothing when your max is at least 350. I know it could be really helpful, but all the same, you could buy actual good SP restoratives in P3 (as far as I can remember), and given how reliant the game is on magic, you'd think they'd have actually made it practical rather than "Here, have 75 SP for the week." Ugh. Still, I guess the fox is still cheaper than using the clock in Tartarus...>

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:59 am

<Isn't the clock only in P3P? In The other P3 versions, returning to the first floor would heal your party to full automatically, but if anybody was tired, they would leave, and you could actually get tired in the middle of exploring. There's a reason the Male Route claims to be "a version close to the original P3"...>

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:05 am

<...Oh, yeah. Plus entering the normal way can get you higher than the second floor. Forgot about that particular bit. But the clock is still unnecessarily expensive in P3P, so Razz>

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:31 am

<Yes, but at the same time, taking more than one day isn't as painful as in P4, because the time you use to go for Tartarus is only used by two Social Links, as opposed to P4, where it takes up your day time block, which is for the majority of your links.>

<Let's cut this off here, or move it to another topic. I feel bad, overrunning the topic with this irrelevant OOC. And I kinda started this conversation with my OP Lucifer, so that's another level of guilt.>

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:27 am

<Gregar, I was making a reference to Disgaea 2. Specifically the bill to make Force Knights: Make a Busty Beauty. XD>

Nicole looks askance at Rekoka. Unsure of how to approach the fact that she was a vampire in a way herself, she decided to stay silent for a few moments as she thought out how best to approach the subject of her own unique undead-ness. Wishing that she could telepathically talk with Blake, she thinks (Should I ask why? Or keep it to myself?) Considering the mind-probing ability, a revelation strikes her: what if someone here could read minds, and had her same aversion? Panicking further, she leans into Blake as they walk, gripping his hand firmly.

<Jesus' tits, I don't know how you write as much as you do, Gregar. I really don't.>
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:38 am

<Hm? Edgar, remember, I've only played the first Disgaea. I've done some research on the others, but nothing that in-depth. And I write a lot... somehow. It has to do with how long-winded I am, I'm sure. Or the tendency for Haar and I to banter back and forth a lot.>

Rekoka giggled. "...You know, I can read your mind. Relax, I'm not going to attack you or anything. Something about vampires just rubs me the wrong way, but you seem pretty cool. Try to relax, I don't murder guests OR friends, and considering you're both..."

She turned around, beginning to walk backwards while facing Nicole and Blake, still keeping her pace. "If anything, I'd be worried about the fact that I can read minds, if I were you. Most people get really scared of the idea that other people can see into their heads. Chill out, I won't look into your thoughts too much. Some people just don't know how to tell other people when they've got a problem, though, so I miiiiight just take a peek now and then, m'kay?"

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:21 am

Blake smiled a bit when Nicole took his hand, then noticed something was wrong. He then began thinking. About Red Purgatory. 
"I'm hoping this Red Putgatory stuff ends quickly..."

He then realized that he was thinking out loud.
"Damn, d-disregard that..."
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top