One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC)

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re:  One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC)

Post  Maverick Entity on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Saix has his own agenda.
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Oh, the laziness versus convenient placement? Semi-related, they both bypass my suspension of disbelief.

In terms of strength, they were still only making them stronger. Even if Sora has a reputation, he's beaten Marluxia only with help, from Repliku and Namine, Larxene (who was taken out by Axel), beat Axel (even if Axel didn't die), and Vexen, who was also killed by Axel.

So Sora's achievements chalk up to "Beating Marluxia with help from Riku". There was no Riku in Hollow Bastion, nor would anyone have arrived on time. It would have been Xemnas against Sora, Mickey, and Donald. Very little risk, since I don't think Mickey and Donald are on the same level as Riku. More than that would be spoilers for DDD, which I'm assuming not everyone here has played yet still. And then there's the fact that Marluxia didn't even COMPARE to Xemnas...

Either way, Roxas was something of an irregularity. Most likely he'd have just come back into existance (or non-existance, as it were), but he was weird, so anything might have happened. And Roxas didn't exactly know where Axel WAS at the time, so the Castle would have been as good a starting point as any.

Plus, Xemnas already measured Sora's strength. See Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. Y'know how at the beginning, Xemnas says "I've been to see him, he looks a lot like you"? He's talking about the fight with Sora in KHFM. So he knows how strong Sora is, roughly, and there's no reason not to eliminate him once it's clear that he not only isn't an asset, but a legitimate threat.

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Sora, Donald, and Goofy. You said Mickey.

Nitpicks aside, I say that it's safe to ignore certain things. I mean, it's a video game. If you could fight the final boss so early, you'd be curbstomped unless you were flawless at the game. While Sora does grow stronger over the course of the game, I'll stand by the idea that Xemnas didn't know how strong he was. Remember how he measured Sora's strength? By fighting him IN KINGDOM HEARTS 1 FINAL MIX. Not in KHII.

Sora's power had grown considerably by the time he woke up, thanks to Roxas. Xemnas wouldn't be certain about his current threat level. It could also just be passed off as "Xemnas is a cocky bastard, and thinks he's above fighting Sora... until all his members are dead, and he has to do it himself".

That, and we don't know exactly how Sora factors in to Xehanort's machinations. DDD spoilers, y'know? Hell, Xemnas may well have fought Sora only when the Keyblader was strong enough BECAUSE he wanted to be killed, and revive Xehanort. Knowing that sunburned old crone, he probably set this whole ridiculous gambit up ahead of time. And knowing Square Enix, they're winging it.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:14 pm

Dude, knowing Square Enix, WE'RE writing the next Kingdom Hearts game, right now.

And I meant Mickey. At this point, Goofy was still unconscious from being hit in the face with a rock, and Mickey was the one to point out Xemnas being there in the first place.

And this is completely off my point, though I will concede Xemnas to you. My point is, though, many villains say, "Oh, him? Meh, I don't care." And these same villains subsequently die. Against the insert-hero that they didn't care enough about.

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 pm

Why did you feel the need to bitch about one of the most common tropes in existence? Also, weak connection is weak.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

TITAL Characters: Trent, Sylvia
Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
Zombieland Characters: Necro, Crone
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:40 pm

...Sorry, I thought you meant the FIRST visit to Hollow Bastion in KHII, when he doesn't speak or remove his hood. Well, whatever. Besides, by the time Xemnas appears, Goofy is already back on his feet, as this preceeds the 1000-Heartless Battle, but comes after the fight with Demyx and the cave where Goofy catches up after his little concussion-induced nap.

Now, back on the subject of story! ...Bah, I forget what I was talking about.

So, this is how it goes, right?

Galia and Kiryu leave the forest for their destination, which hasn't been worked out yet.

Matsuda wakes Redemi and Nobis, they get supplies in town, then go off to the nearest town.

*Ahem* I just remembered how this got derailed. Haar said it was too convenient for the two key locations of Celestial Grounds and Twilight Town to be right next to each other. In my case, that's INconvenient. I need some space to focus on establishing Redemi, Nobis, and Matsuda fully before they arrive at Twilight Town, as entering the town kicks off the sequence for meeting their next party member...

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:00 am

Well, you could always have them pass by another known world, like for example the Pride Land or something weird like that.

And kh, I felt the need to bitch about it because it isn't something I can really believe would happen in that sort of situation. "Oh, a legitimate threat? Let me send my weakest guy." It just doesn't make sense to me, but I'm not getting back on that subject again.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:42 am

Besides, he conceded. No need to try to crush his remaining argument.

Well, the plan was to have a small rest-stop town along the way. Y'know, not a world of its own, just a town. This IS an adventure, afterall, and towns popping up on inter-world routes would make perfect sense. Twilight Town and Tri-Star Town are relatively close worlds, and I forget our logic for why that is. It HAS been 200 years, there has been plenty of time for new towns to show up.

That makes me think of another thing... Twilight Town is in the mountains. So, the get there, either there'll be some mountain-climbing, there'll be a tram station at the base, or they'll have to travel from area to area, eventually getting up to Twilight Town proper, rather than one of the outlying districts, like Sunset Terrace, or the beach. The beach would be at the base of the mountain, right...? That means that the mountain would be next to the ocean, which means that... y'know, people who've been drifting on the ocean could wash up there. Hypothetically, I mean. Them showing up during the Twilight Town episode would complicate things further.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:35 am

I don't recall any mountains near Twilight Town. In Days, Vexen theorized that it was built around a hill, or an incline. It isn't actually in the mountains.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:19 am

During, maybe not, but would just afterward be a problem? Perhaps the beach is on the far side of the mountain/hill?

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:17 am

If Hikaru and Kage were to show up afterwards, it would be kind of complicated if they stuck with my party afterwards. Maybe sending them to Tri-Star Town afterwards would do the trick, but I'm not too sure why they would go there. Maybe to find some answers, but who would tell them to go there, and why? I mean, Matsuda knows that there's nobody still there to ask about the Heartless. Yuki isn't there, Galia and Kiryu would've left long ago, and nobody who lived there would know. Maybe Matsuda would theorize that Yuki's spirit was still hanging around there, and they may be able to talk to her... but that may or may not be true.

I dunno, but I'm not sure they should stick with my party. Their group'll get pretty large on its own, and having two extra characters tagging along would make things even more complicated. Especially trying to work them into the scene where they meet the next party member after Stice...

It can be either a mountain or a giant hill, it's the same thing. Vexen called it a hill, but it's just too large to be one. He probably called it that because it wasn't rocky and jagged, and looked like a hill. It IS built on an incline, though, but since the world wouldn't stay the same for 200 years... what's the logical thing for a large hill to become? Plus, the town would likely expand itself, too. It would pass as a city by now, I imagine.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:21 am

I don't really need them to stick with any one group, all I need is some sort of kick-starter to actually get them going on their exploration of the world/whatever they might do, and I need them to know the reason.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:25 am

Well, since Matsuda left Mollista a note explaining what was going on - a note that is correct, even though it was merely based on his own guesses - if he sent them there, they would find answers. In fact, just send them into the forest, and they're likely to end up drinking tea in her house at some point soon, whether they mean to go there or not. Remember, Mollista is descended from Adachi. She's not rincapable of kicking Heartless ass, deep in a dark forest when she has to to save a couple of lost kids.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:32 am

Although, it's important to bear in mind that Kage, for the moment, only has a carpenter's hammer, not a sledgehammer yet. Personally, that's what I'd prefer to use, given that it has more mobility, and the sheer power of a sledgehammer wouldn't be quite necessary (although I imagine it'd have little trouble taking out a Large Body-family Heartless from the front). Point being, with Kage on offensive and Hikaru there with white magic, they probably wouldn't need much saving.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:37 am

It doesn't have to be saving; really, she just needs to see them and feel sorry for them. Then, everything goes predictably... she invites them into her home, maybe serves tea or something, and shows them the note, if she thinks it might help them, explaining how Matsuda left it, and where they went.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:48 am

Mm, the way I imagine them, they are pretty, um...nasty. Alright, but again, can't do much with that for the moment. You're exploring, I'm fishing, and together, we are separate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:10 am

To make things interesting,

Homura's crush and wife.

http://i.imgur.com/yA4ZuqA.jpg

Different angle.

http://i.imgur.com/wjxphKf.jpg

According to FF Wiki her name is Jessie and was in FF7 with a different appearance in looks.

Her KH2 version is the one in the pics above.

Her, along with Biggs, Wedge, and Wallace are all running gags in FF and other games including KH and Chrono Trigger.
Whats_Up4444
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:25 am

So… do we have an actual direction planned for this yet? Don't get me wrong, I like what we're getting right now, but do we actually know where we want to take the story and what the overall focus is? Because, if not, I have a few suggestions to lay on the table.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:47 am

Well, I think What'sUp jumped ship. He was kinda in charge of this, so now, uh...

Lemme review the topic real quick.

...Oh, and while we're on this topic, I'd like to rename Redemi and Nobis...?

...Hm, okay, gonna drop a couple of my own plot ideas and turn some characters into NPCs so my little band stays small. Maybe change Stice's name.

Lot of the early pages are devoted to introductions. Gimme a little longer...

Okay, finally some discussion of the main plot! What'sUp said we would NOT go looking for the missing Keyblades first-thing. And bad sign: he liked an idea, but mentioned that he came up blank on the reason for the Heartless to be taking action. Also, a mention of the false Organization XIV.

...So, the Heartless have been gradually showing up more and more. That's something. Oh, I totally forgot! We'd settled on there being a force that corrupts creatures of darkness, forcing the usually-less-dangerous Heartless to act as the monsters they were before.

Now, about the Heartless... What SHOULD their target be? Hm... Seeking out Kingdom Hearts doesn't seem like the right kind of goal for them. If it's a corruptive force, they would seek the greatest darkness, and try to corrupt that. I'm picturing the corruptive force trying to take stronger forces of darkness into its clutches, slowly building a powerful force with which to take the big prize. What's thew big prize? I dunno! Where would we find such a great darkness? Maybe it has something to do with the Dark Bloodline? And... aaaaah, I have an idea! Perhaps this great darkness is on the moon, or related to it somehow.

Think about it: The Dark Bloodline members gain power during the full moon, their birthmarks glow, and their darkness gets out-of-control. Either the moon is the host of some great darkness that reacts to them, or perhaps it is the key to a darkness that exists within everyone's hearts. That's right, my idea is that the corrupted force that's causing Heartless to attack has the goal of corrupting the darkness in everyone's hearts, sort of a counter-Kingdom Hearts. And the moon is the key to unlocking that darkness.

...Does that makes sense? And if it does, do you think it'd work?

And another idea posited was that the Heartless/corruptive force just wants to envelop the world in chaos by turning everyone into Heartless. Then it was suggested that they want to accomplish that latter by doing the former: corrupting the dark-counterpart to Kingdom Hearts to turn everyone into Heartless.

Also suggested was that their aim was to split the worlds again, but I don't feel like that makes much sense. Why would they want that?

So much of this topic is devoted to arguing over mechanics, lineage, geography, writing style, what to do immediately... hrm.

That was kind of a massive waste of time! Bah. We barely had a plan for the actual reasons for ANYTHING. Mostly just planning for events. KH, let's hear those ideas.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:29 pm

I personally think that our first goal should be figuring out why the Heartless are back, not what their goal is. To be honest, the idea of them having one is puzzling to me. It was pretty well established that the Heartless acted purely on instinct, without any real higher thinking. I personally think we should have someone else pulling the strings. Maybe not necessarily behind the Heartless coming back, but willing and able to take advantage of the situation. My suggestion here: the Disney villains. I don't just mean Maleficent, I'd actually like to bring in some of the villains she was working with in the first game. Personally, I always felt they were a bit underused in the games, and I could definitely see them using the Heartless for their own goal. Enough of them could still be around to pose a threat, too. Maleficent's been resurrected before and it could likely happen again, Jafar's a genie and, therefore, does not age, Hook wouldn't age, assuming he was still in Neverland, and Hades… given recent events in Org. XIV I'm skeptical about using him, though, I think we could get away with death being a temporary inconvience for him. Given that he is, you know, the God of the Dead.

Now, as for their goal… I have no idea. Suggestions?

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:35 pm

The whole thing about the Heartless is, they don't go away. Ever. They are Hearts consumed by darkness, and every Heart bar the Seven Princesses (and Ven) has darkness in it. So for one reason or another, anyone could become a Heartless. For that reason, I don't think we need an explanation as for why they're back. Someone's heart was consumed, and they started taking other hearts. Suddenly, Heartless outbreak.

I do like the idea of giving the Disney villains...something. Especially considering that they kept bringing up the idea of "Don't misuse the powers of Darkness or they'll swallow you," but we never actually saw it happen. Sora beat them up before they could do anything like that. And it would also serve to give the Heartless something to...y'know, do. Because really, on their own, the Heartless just consume hearts, and that's really about it. Certainly a threat, but considering everything they do can be undone, and most of them are really easy to destroy, it's really not so dangerous unless they're being commanded.

The thing that bothers me about a Dark Kingdom Hearts is...what would it be? Kingdom Hearts itself is a gathering of hearts, whether they're the hearts of worlds or people. So what would the Dark Counterpart to that be? It's not like there's an anti-heart, and the only things in the Realm of Darkness are Heartless (and Aqua).

I honestly think our immediate concern should be focusing on more minor villains. Like, sub-bosses, or Stage Bosses as compared to a Chapter Boss. Have a little bit of buildup. I mean, I'm open to other ideas, naturally, but that's the best I can think of for the moment, given that we've started with something kinda aimless.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:56 pm

You have a point, there.

What do the Disney villains want? What do they EVER want? Maleficent wants to rule everything and turn it to darkness, Jafar wants to rule Agrabah at least, and he's treacherous enough that he may pull a coup on Maleficent, Hook wants to beat his nemesis Peter Pan - his goals are vague beyond that, because he never seems to think ahead of it, but we can assume it involves plundering everything he can and living like a king.

Oogie Boogie is probably a timeless entity, like Jack Skellington can assumedly be, and how Santa Claus is. We know little of how Wonderland is affected by the passage of time, so for all we know, the characters down there are the same, just without Alice, since she'd have left by now. We have no idea how long Mickey's lifespan is, and based on Timeless River, he's implied to be fifty years old already and still seems pretty young. So Pete and everyone else from Disney Castle or Disney Town is probably still kicking. Maybe. I'm willing to go with the idea that they're basically immortal as cartoons.

So, they're just pulling the same thing they always do, going by that. You sure we shouldn't make it a little deeper than that? I mean, it worked for most of KHI, but our heroes probably outnumber the villains. Maybe. A number of people have dropped entirely, so we might just barely be edging out the above-mentioned villains in number.

Another thing has come to concern me: the nature of this as an RP. Thing is, our groups are pretty much separate! Their interactions are going to be few and far between! That kind of kills some motivation, since everyone would be forced to either make huge posts or move their plot along at a snail's pace.

That's why I had Aleri's ghost show up in Synthisle to tag along with Jonah's party, instead of having him wait for my own group; this is hardly a roleplay if we're just writing individual stories that intersect once in a blue moon.

EDIT: Haar ninja'd me. What are the odds, with a post of this length?

Yeah, I was just posting the ideas we had earlier in the topic. I have no idea how that would work, and I's the one who suggested it.

The world probably isn't all peaches and cream at this point. Minor despots and small-time villains should be easy enough to find.

Of course, our immediate course of action ought to be to get our characters familiar with the Heartless and fighting them, and getting them out into the world. ...Whiiiiich we can't do if we don't have a destination!

I mean, my group is heading for Asylum. We worked out that some jackasses took up residence there and started calling themselves Org.XIV and made things a living hell there. So there's a conflict to resolve, but it has nothing to do with the Heartless, really, it's just their only lead. In the case of Admin's group, I don't think they were told where to go, were they? Al suggested that they go to Radiant Garden first, but that's it. Hikaru and Kage are just kind of caught up in the chaos.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:19 pm

Hikaru and Kage haven't done anything since Page 3. When they woke up and considered going fishing. They're also already at Asylum, but apparently haven't heard anything about the Fake XIV. Also, I have completely forgotten where I planned on taking Hikaru...And apparently I had someone else who I never bothered to introduce, give a backstory to, or even mention outside of his Bio. And his name was Bertram.

This is what happens when I try not to interrupt the flow of the narrative. Three years of nothing followed by a total blank on what the hell I was planning three years ago.

In any case, I really think the best way to get the cast "out into the world" as you put it, is to just have them get attacked. Really, I consider getting something moving at this point to be more important than setting up a goal. From there, we could set up the Fake XIV arc fairly easily through rumors ("Hey, I heard Organization XIV is back! But they're acting different than they used to..."). That would set up a Chapter Boss scenario, too. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:44 am

Now we're going in circles! We can't take immediate action unless we know where we're going, and we can't think of where we're going with all this until we act! Bah, just throw Heartless at the heroes for now, then, like you say, Haar.

Thing about that is, it's supposed to have been that way for years. Asylum is supposed to already be kind of a hellhole. But since this topic has done a complete 180 from the original intention and turned into writing by the seat of our pants, I don't care anymore about being consistent with earlier plans. F*ck it! It can be a new thing.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:32 am

Now may be a good time to mention that I was planning to send Zakk to Radiant Garden. His plan was going to be paying a visit to their current ruler and try to get a look at Ansem's research data, thinking that something in his notes may yield an idea on how to take down the Heartless. So, I think we could easily have him meet up with Admin's group allow shenanigans to ensue.

And I am perfectly fine with giving the Disney villains more depth with their goals. I'd like to see something beyond just "take over the world". Though, if we do use them, we should probably divide up control of each of them.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top