One Sky, One Land, One Ocean.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: One Sky, One Land, One Ocean.

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:54 am

As Jonah entered his room, he was greeted by a surprised voice, "Oh? This is your room now? I see..." The voice though it intoned surprise was melodic and smooth.

Jonah looked for the source of the voice, identifying it as the strange girl from before standing by his window, looking out to the fields below.

"Weren't you speaking in the third person before? You sound a lot more... eloquent now..." Jonah remarked bluntly. He had no other way to ask the question.

Maya nodded, "That was Panic, my other side." She smiled wistfully as she surveyed the view, "She's a bit more hyperactive than I am. How I used to be..."

Jonah cocked his head to the side as he approached the young woman, "How you used to be?"

Maya smiled, "Yes, as Panic told you, I am a guardian of your family. I have been for ages... Longer than I can remember. Once upon a time, I made a promise to one of your ancestors. I promised to aid his family whenever they were threatened."

"One of my ancestors... Okay... So, you seemed surprised that this is my room... Did it used to be yours?" Jonah asked inquistively as he set down his lexicon on his bedside table and sat down.

Maya nodded, "Once upon a time, yes. I lived here. Of course, now that I don't require sleep... I tend to drift." She noted, "So, are you ready?"

"Hmm? Ready for what?" Jonah asked taken off guard by the question.

"The journey ahead of you. Grant told me all about it, tasked me with looking after you." Maya said softly, sitting down on the window sill, her hair moving in the night wind.

Jonah nodded, "Oh, yeah. I'm ready... as I'll ever be, anyhow."

"You don't sound so certain, Maya thinks." For a moment, Maya's eyes changed hues. Then, she grimaced and they turned back much to Jonah's surprise, "My apologies, it seems Panic wishes to return. I'll be see you tomorrow." Then, nonchalantly, the young woman tilted backwards and fell out the window.

Jonah sprinted to the sill and looked down, to find the young woman had disappeared, "How strange..."

After waiting a few minutes to see if the young woman would return, Jonah returned to bed and went to sleep, knowing he'd need his rest for the day ahead of him.

Dark Bloodline RP: Brenna, Jonah
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

http://tital.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 am

Meanwhile, the twins were already sleeping. Although, it was only comfortable for one of them.

Hikaru stood on a black platform. "K-Kage? Where...?" She looked around. "I'm nowhere..."

A voice echoed through her mind. "You are not nowhere. Quite the opposite. You're...somewhere."

"Who's that?!" called Hikaru. "Where are you?"

"Relax. You should know I'm no threat to you. Although, something else is..."

"Where is it? Who?"

"Where and who...the where is simple. Right behind you. Who, though...more troublesome."

Hikaru spun around and saw that some of the blackness was rising, swirling around itself, trying to form a shape. "This isn't...I don't...I can't fight...how do I get it away?" The last few words were nothing more than an echo as everything faded away...

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 am

Kiryu closed her eyes, and gave a sigh. "I assume we all are here for Kuroyuki's appearence? I see. I've been waiting years for her chance to show. I've spoken with her relatives before. They told me so much and to seek her. That is why I'm here tonight. On the night of the New Moon". She removed her glove to reveal her birthmark as well.

"You, with the cane, you're not a member of the Dark Bloodline, are you? How did you find this place and know it's path?"
Whats_Up4444
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:04 am

Matsuda remained silent, Redemi turning his glare on the old man. "What!? I thought you were one of us...!"

"I never said that I was, not once. I once trained alongside one of them, a man who is long gone now." His voice was riddled with irritation, as he had preferred not to speak. "Another of my old friends..."

Nobis looked at the ground, feeling more and more anxious about this. Matsuda was never a member of their bloodline? What was he out to do? If he had been a member of the family, it would seem less likely that their suspicions were true, but now... he wasn't sure if he could trust the one known in Tri-Star Town as a demon. But, still... they had all lived together for years. All his life, he, his brother, and the old man had been the best of friends.

The older brother seemed to pick up on the younger's feelings, gently pulling his arm out of his grip and setting it around his shoulder. He was generally able to feel the hearts of those close to him, but... Matsuda was always an exeption. His heart was unreadable.

"...But, as the girl said, we are awaiting the appearance of Kuroyuki. I haven't the time to be sentimental." The old man muttered contemptuously, scowling as he tightened his grip on his cane. "If you doubt me, then simply ask her when she shows up whether or not I am to be trusted."

While Nobis kept his gaze firmly locked on the ground under his own feet, Redemi sized up Galia. "...I'm glad we're not enemies. I doubt I could handle this guy in a fight..."

The two tried to distract themselves while they waited, but found their thoughts impossible to tear away from the idea that Matsuda wasn't really one of their lineage. It was a betrayal of their childhood memories to think that it was all a lie.

Nobis looked up when he felt the old man's hand on his head. He hadn't realized that he'd been shaking... or that the arm around his shoulders had been shaking. Matsuda had put his hand on the older brother's head, as well. Redemi had been trembling with rage, Nobis with fear.

"Both of you, please, calm down. You're letting negative emotions get the best of you, and when the sun is gone and the moon refuses to shine, it becomes dangerous to allow that to happen." The elderly man said to them in a more soothing tone, his annoyed look fading, replaced with quiet concern. "You must be careful to keep your emotions in check, and channel them towards more useful things. Don't let uncertainty stop you, and don't allow your rage to consume you. Both of you know of that rule..."
I am the only one to whom it does not apply. And yet, I remember it, preaching it to them...
The younger brother nodded. "...You're right. I really shouldn't be this worked up over a silly suspicion. I mean, c'mon! Old man Matsuda isn't some kind of serial killer..."

"WHAT!?" The man in black yelled, shaking the leaves of the nearby trees. "Where the HELL do you get off thinking THAT!?"

The older brother was dumbfounded by the strange, violent reaction, his anger slipping away. "Eh... one of your maps had names on it. They were all marked with a skull."

"...You found that map?" His interest was piqued, his sudden rage replaced with rapt interest. "I had been looking for it for ages! The map with the names on it was of my old home, a place where many misfits gathered. We all went our seperate ways, my old friends and I, and I chose to come to Tri-Star Town, the home of one of my closest friends..."

As the elderly man began to reminisce, Nobis shook his head. "...Didn't he say we didn't have time for introductions? Ugh, we could've all exchanged names, conversation, heck, life stories by n..." Cutting himself off, surprised by his own outward action, the young mage shrank back.

Redemi, however, noted that he had a point. "He has a point, if I may note. How much longer until this Kuroyuki person is to appear? I'm tired of this spiel... Well, then, my name is Redemi Kokoro, and this-" He gestured to the younger one clinging to his arm. "-is Nobis Kokoro. The old man goes by Matsuda, but I don't know his surname."

"The surname IS Matsuda." He noted. "I've never told you my first name, and I intend to keep it that way."

Nobis looked at him with a hurt expression. "You... you won't trust us with your first name?"

Softening up at the look on the younger brother's face, the old man relented. "I suppose, if you two earn my respect as warriors, travelling companions... then perhaps, someday, I shall tell you. But I'm CERTAINLY not about to tell it to a couple of Kokoros that I've just met! Though I may have seen the young man once before. Never talked to him."

Yes... someday, you shall know my true name. And when that day comes, you will be strong enough to accept the truth. ...I can only hope that nobody tears away my deceptions before they finish serving their purpose. This Kiryu child nearly destroyed their trust in me with a simple accusation. My true identity is known to maybe three people in this world, and that's a generous number. I pray that they forgive me, but for me to tell them before they are ready would hurt them too much.

They would run away from me, and they need me to protect them until they can go on their own. The other two here are more skilled than them, probably because they have had more extensive training. With Redemi and Nobis' mother unable to find the time to train them, their father missing, and having only me to teach them... my methods of teaching are ineffective, normally. I teach people how to fight within short, brutal periods. I don't know how to teach in a controlled environment, only when there is danger. I WILL make up for lost time.

...Where the hell are you, Yuki!?

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:03 am

"I apologize. I didn't think of the outcome. You don't have the character traits of a Dark Bloodline member. Nor the appearance. And you certainly don't resemble any of us. Unless of course Nobis, if he grew an inch taller and a beard". She smiled. But then gasped.

Her birthmark began to glow brighter and it's aura began to turn into little particles and began to form a person.

Same happened to Galia's birthmark as it formed the woman who seemed to be in her twenties.

A ghostly transparent light blue as Kiryu's hair formed her.

The woman looked up. "I am Kuroyuki Kokoro of the Dark Bloodline". She began to look around looking down a young woman with light blue hair, a glowing birth mark, and a sword in her lap. To her right a young man with light blue hair and white tips.

To her left, two boys, the younger with blond hair, a hat, and robe. The older boy with light brown hair.

And the older man, with the long thick beard.

Kuroyuki smiled at him, seeing through his ruse. But did not give any hint other then the smile. She began to chuckle. Then snicker. Then right into burst out laughing. Tears fully her eyes. Her hand over her face. Then other waving side to side. Almost going "Nononono LOL LOL LOL XMFD!"
Whats_Up4444

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:38 am

The old man did his best to pretend that he didn't know what she was laughing about. Twitching slightly, he spoke up. "...My apologies for interrupting the moment, as hilarious as it seems to be to you... but please, could you explain why we are all gathered here tonight?"

I know that I don't exactly look like the others, but... bah. And now Redemi and Nobis feel like idiots for never putting two and two together and realizing that they don't equal twelve and a half. Lovely. To top it all off, now Yuki is laughing at me...

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:49 am

She cleared her throat. "Sorry. I guess seeing life again lifted up my spirits" She chuckled. Maybe her pun, maybe the actually talking to the man, whatever it was. "But...." She went back to her usual seriousness. Actually seeing Yuki to be anything but serious is a joke itself. Wonder when she became like this. Or maybe the situation turned her whole personality on its head.

"You may never have known this, as it must be inconcievable to you, living in this world, but what is now one was once many. This world was once innumerable fragments, small worlds scattered across the sky. Each star was another world...

as only a few truly remember, there was a great war, a war between darkness and light. It consumed the world we know today, spreading across all lands and waters. The war was carried out by warriors known as keyblade wielders, whose weapons, the keyblades, held immense power

You, the members of the Dark Bloodline, know that it is within our creed to protect the world from darkness that is not pure. The heartless. Heartless roamed the worlds, feeding off of the hearts of the people, sinking them into darkness, and mindlessly destroying everything. They would steal hearts, drowning them in darkness and turning them into more Heartless to add to their ranks. As terrible as they were, there was a weapon that could stand against them... the Keyblade.

Our bloodline stretches back into the days of the Great Keyblade War, when thousands fought for control of Kingdom Hearts. This war sundered the world, splitting it into the fragments that I once knew, and now form your world. Until the Keyblades all disappeared, refusing to choose their wielders, we were trained in the ways of wielding these legendary weapons. However... the Heartless disappeared, and the Keyblades with them, as I said before.

Why, you ask, do I speak of these Heartless? Because they are returning. There is something evil afoot"

Kiryu interrupted her eyes widen. "Evil?"

"Yes, something evil rallying the Heartless once more, causing them to attack people. There have already been a number of victims.

You must, as members of my bloodline, go out and purge the Heartless from this world. We have no choice; if left unchecked, they will undoubtedly raise ceaseless chaos and spread madness and paranoia everywhere, and everything I once fought for will have been for naught. Please, you must face these Heartless, and return this world to the peaceful state it deserves to live in.

I have one piece of advice for you all. Do not fear what lies ahead, embrace it. Show the world that darkness need naught be feared, the you represent what true darkness is, the force that keeps the world in balance".
Whats_Up4444

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:05 am

<For maximum effect, play both tracks so they overlay. If you have a slow computer, don't bother with the rain effects.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m82LSGjzKU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYw7eJYadco

It was a rainy night for Synthisle. As the lights of the town slowly shut off and Maya was left alone to wander the streets, she happily perused the unlit store fronts indulging in her old memories and talking to herself.

"Maya loves the rain... Reminds her of crying." She smiled sadly as she cartwheeled through the empty square. The only sound accompanying her strange antics was the falling rain and the slow slosh of the fountain running in the center. She carefully made her way to the fountain's edge as she danced around the square.

Slowly, Maya became disinterested in the square and began to leave town, "Maya wonders... Is it still there?"

Maya walked out to the boundaries of the Lost Woods, standing at their very edge, she looked into the dark canopy with a pleased smile. She examined the bark of a particular tree... It didn't seem any different than the others until she traced a kingdom crown along its trunk. The tracing glowed with a magic power as Maya took a step into the woods.

The forest around her lit up with array of colors, responding to the illusionist's movements as she walked through the trees. They glowed with a light that exuded life as if they had been filled with a rejuvenating water even the rain glowed with a brilliant light as she walked.

"Maya thinks it is!" The young woman raced off into the woods. As she did, the forest welcomed her, glowing in a small circle around her. The plants parted for as she went deeper and deeper into the trees until the light her steps created could no longer could be seen from the outside of the woods.

She stepped out into a clearing in the woods. A pond and a singular, powerful tree stood in the clearing. The massive trunk seemed to guard the clearing from outside forces, even other plants as the only thing that grew was Twilit Grass.

The clearing had responded to Maya's steps and seemed to come alive, spheres of light floated around the area bathing the entire clearing in a mystical light.

Maya's face dripped a single tear that she wiped away in shock, "Is Maya... crying?" She spoke softly as to not disturb the memories she had of this place.

Maya walked to the edge of a small pier that jutted out into the pond and watched the orbs of light that floated around her. The water rippled as the rain slowly fell, the raindrops hitting the water like individual tears. Slowly, the glowing orbs began to coalesce in front of her. They took on a humanoid form with no definite shape and stood in front of Maya.

"It's been so long..." Maya's voice failed her as she cried silently. The rain accompanying the peaceful silence.

The figure nodded stoically.

"Maya promised she'd be strong for you. Thalia... Lance... Maya... Maya misses you. So much."

The figure didn't have any expression to its face but it seemed to smile gently, exuding warmth.

"And now, Maya's leaving again... Probably for a really long time..." She wiped away her tears and gave the figure a sad smile.

The figure stepped forward and enveloped Maya in a hug. Then, it backed away slowly as if to say, "We'll miss you, too."

Maya swallowed the rock in her throat as she spoke, "The heartless are back... And now, the keyblades aren't appearing... Maya is worried..."

The figure shook its head agreeing with the gravity of the situation. However, it exhuded the same warmth as before, as if to say, "You'll be ok."

"Maya is taking Jonah and Brenna on a quest. Remember? Maya told you about the pair before... "

The glowing figure nodded.

"Well, Maya is..." The young woman choked up not being able to speak again, "Maya is leaving now."

The figure expressed its understanding as it stepped forward.

"Before she leaves, Maya wants you to have this." Maya held out a single, short-stemmed rose.

The figure shook its head but took the rose anyhow. With a single, smooth motion, it snapped the stem to shorten it and threaded the flower into Maya's hair.

Maya gasped, "Of course, Maya will remember you. Maya has always remembered." She smiled sadly as a single tear dripped down her face.

The figure reached forward and brushed the tear away. "Don't cry." It seemed to say with its actions.

Maya nodded, "Maya will be strong. She promises." Then, the figure slowly began to dissipate, the orbs returning to floating in the air as Maya stepped away from the dock and moved back towards the woods.

As the young woman left, the clearing slowly began to dim until it returned to the way it had been when she had entered.

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:13 am

"...So... we're supposed to go out and destroy them all?" Redemi jabbed. "Fat chance. It would be too easy to overlook one; they could be anywhere int he world."

Matsuda was quick to rebuke him. "Boy, mind your tongue."

"There has to be a source for all of this." Nobis reasoned, trying to think of how to go about their goal. "We have to find that, then stop it."

The older brother nodded, his optimism rising to the surface. "Yeah... yeah! No problem, right? We'll all spread out and look for clues, figure out what's making the Hatless-"

"Heartless."

"-act up, and then get rid of it! Simple."

Matsuda sighed. "...I believe you're overlooking something important. First of all, this is a big world. We'll have difficulty if we just wander around. We must pursue any leads we can find, and hope they bring us to the answers we seek. And the more obstructive one... we will have to fight Heartless."

The younger brother cringed at the thought of fighting something so savage. "Are... are you sure we'll have to? My magic really isn't all that great..."

"And, uh, I haven't really been trained very well in fighting." Redemi admitted, scratching his head ashamedly.

The old man punched the aur triumphantly. "Well! You see, I am a very effective teacher when there's Heartless around to use for practice. It'll only take a couple of minutes to figure out how to fight them, and after maybe twenty of them, you'll be used to it. Anyway..." Matsuda turned to Kuroyuki. "...We all leave immediately? Before we go, we must decide on a time and place to rendeveaux and trade information. That raises the chance that, if we find the source, it can be eliminated, since all of us will be working against it, instead of just one party."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:32 am

"Hey, I have a question." came another voice as a boy with short black hair stepped forward, clad in black pajama pants and a white undershirt. "How the hell did I get here?"

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

TITAL Characters: Trent, Sylvia
Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
Zombieland Characters: Necro, Crone
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:39 am

"Hell if I know!" Matsuda roared. "If he were still alive, I'd assume the one behind this was... nevermind. ...Hold on a second. Is your surname Kokoro, young man?" He inquired, interested. "Because if it isn't, you have about as much right to be here as I do."

The old man took the cloak around his shoulders and threw it to the newcomer. "Put that on, you'll catch your death of cold in sleepwear at this hour. I'm surprised the first thing you said wasn't 'Oh my god, it's so cold here!'"

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:12 am

He reached out to grab the coat... which promptly fell through him. "Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense," he muttered. "I'm probably still asleep right now. This is most likely a projection of my consciousness. She probably managed to bring me here." He pointed a thumb at Yuki. "Anyway, no, my name isn't Kokoro, though that is my mother's maiden name. I'm Zakk. Zakkary Darkhold."

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:40 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZFoxWE21l8

"...'Darkhold', you say? Hmhmhmhmhm... aheheheh, the game's getting interesting, as an old friend of mine might say." Matsuda chuckled as he reclaimed his coat. "A member of the Bloodline, hm? Well, I think your astral projection arrived a little late. You just missed the explanation. Shall I sum it up for the boy, or can we force him to somehow experience the speech for himself without taking up any more time? Because honestly, this threat is making me restless. I'm itching to fight the Heartless again..."

Nobis glanced at the old man, puzzled, but kept his mouth shut, not pointing out the obvious contradiction. He chalked it up to a slip of the tongue, focusing instead on what they were going to do now. Would they go home and gather supplies to travel? And where would they go? There was a whole world out there to explore, and he hadn't the foggiest idea where to begin.

The old man put a hand on Nobis' shoulder, shaking him out of his thoughts. "What has you so distracted, m'boy? You missed my summary!"

"It could've done with less of your strange mannerisms." Redemi remarked. "It wasn't nearly as cool as Miss Kuroyuki's speech, either."

"Well, it was just a summary, you dull child! For a self-proclaimed appreciator of art, you have no sense of taste."

"Hey, take that back, you gnarly old treestump!"

"Hold it, did you just call me ugly, old, and SHORT in the same sentance!? I'll mangle you, ya little...!"

The young mage quickly broke it up, moving between the two. "Cut it out, you guys! We don't have time for this..."

Immediately, the two of them grudgingly apologized and shook hands.

"You two can be more childish than me sometimes..." Nobis noted glumly, returning to his thoughts on their next actions.

Apparently sensing his thoughts, Matsuda spoke up about them. "Hm, there's no time to return home. I brought enough Munny to purchase the supplies we need, and I left a note explaining that we're leaving, and what I suspected was the problem. As it turns out, I was right. Now, I feel that we should head in the direction of a wor... city known as 'Asylum'. It sits very close to the darkness, which means that we're likely to find clues there. It's a bit far, though. We'll have to cross a good distance... but that means we would have more time to hone our skills. I have a foreboding feeling about Asylum... But it's my best lead."

"And... a-and you two? Your n-names were, uh... Kiryu and G-Galia, right?" Nobis stuttered, trying to address them, his courage very nearly failing him. "Y-y-you... uh... what direction are you g-guys going in?"

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:49 am

"Me....I don't know yet..." Kiryu looked around.

"Kiryu...." Yuki's voice brought get attention. "You remind me of myself....a lot. So I would say let yourself be dragged by your heels to find your destined location".
Whats_Up4444

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:49 pm

Zakk seemed... rather unimpressed by what he was told. "I'll have to work this out with my mom, see how we'll tackle this." Yes, he just said he'd have to ask his mom.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:13 pm

"Großmutter..." Galia said, looking at Yuki's projection.

"How is Großvater doing? I have many questions to ask him, even though I know it is of his nature to remain silent. Can you tell him that I will seek what the right path is towards fate?" He said, one arm stretched out in a makeshift salute.

He turned to Kiryu now, his arm now back to his side, gasping the hilts of his blades.

"I will go where you go cousin Kiryu. After all, it is best not to go alone in this world."
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:48 am

Kuroyuki glanced at Galia and nodded.

Kiryu looked at Galia. "Very well".

Kuroyuki looked at the group. Zakk, so much like him.

Galia and Kiryu.

And of course, Nobis, and Redemi.

History is a funny thing....
Whats_Up4444

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:18 am

The sun began to rise in Synthisle. It greeted the land with long rays of golden light that seemed to energize the town and castle slowly bringing the entire area to life with people as shops opened and civilians headed to work.

Brenna smiled happily, this new day marked the beginning of her first true adventure. With her brother and the mysterious Maya at her side, she felt unstoppable.

Jonah smiled but with a bit of sadness. He carefully organized the satchel that his father had given him. Within the pouch was a small first aid kit. Ethers, potions, a single mega potion, and enough munny for at least a few days.

Maya... Well, Maya's face was a serene calm. A small bit of sadness twinged her eyes as she nodded respectfully to the king of Synthisle as he said goodbye to his children and wished them luck.

As the trio set out, they knew no definite direction... Only that they were setting out for sights unseen, the other bordering states that only Maya had ever seen before. And the young woman didn't seem to be too particular about sharing.

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 am

"You all have so much ahead of you. I can tell you all will be strong and bold and noble. Kiryu. Galia. Nobis. Redemi. Zakkary. Even you ....Matsuda".

"Now before I go, let me tell you a story from my days...." Yuki told.

"When I was training to be a Keyblade Masters...."

++=-------=--------- ---- --- -- ---- - -- - - - -
+*' END OF "JOURNEY'S BEGINNING"

Yuki told stories the whole night until her spirit disappeared at Dawn.

Kiryu slept within the memorial just under the tree. She awoke and rubbed her eye. Grabbed her blade and stood.

Last edited by Whats_Up4444 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Whats_Up4444

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 am

Back at Asylum, as the sun rose, Hikaru stirred and slowly pushed herself up. Kage was still on the ground, snoring. Maybe that's what woke me up, she thought, though she smiled. Brothers could be really obnoxious, even when they were asleep. But then she noticed something that shouldn't have been there, on her arm. Where the scrape from the Heartless had been, where the blood had been, was now black. How, though? She'd healed it...there shouldn't be anything there. So why was it back? And more importantly, why was it so dark?

I need to cover this up, was her first thought. She couldn't show Kage, he'd panic (or so she thought). So instead of waking him up, she found some grass that she knew wouldn't cause any infections and weaved it into a makeshift bandage, covering up the darkened scrape with it.
---
Several hours later, not even minutes, but hours, Kage woke up and looked around. His heart almost stopped when he couldn't find his sister. "D-damn it!" he said quietly, and stood up. Wait...there she was, at the bottom of the hill. Hikaru turned and saw him. She looked uncomfortable, even though Kage couldn't see her face, so he ran down. "Something wrong?"

Hikaru shifted. That was definitely an uncomfortable look on her face. "N-no, nothing..."

"What's that then?" Kage asked, pointing to what looked like green bandages on Hikaru's arm.

"Oh...I...I was rolling around in my sleep last night, I guess, and I think I cut myself on a rock."

Kage didn't believe it for an instant. Hikaru had hesitated too much, but if she wasn't going to tell him, it mustn't have been important, so he shrugged. "Alright, then, whatever. So, what needs to be done today? You hungry?"

Hikaru looked at the ground beside her. "I don't want to steal any more..."

"Do you know a better way to not die?" asked Kage. "I don't like it either, but we need to eat."

"Um...Did we pass a river on the way to town?"

Kage shrugged again. "Dunno. I'm not great with geography. Why? Craving fish?"

"No, but it's better than taking from townspeople..."

Kage gave his twin a warm smile. "Alright then, we can get looking if nothing else."

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:31 am

As the trio traveled through the forest, it began to rain steadily.

Jonah opened his lexicon and created an umbrella out of the water above them shielding the group from the rain. He nodded happily, "That should keep the rain away."

"Yeah, but I doubt it will keep away the Heartless." Maya pointed out seriously as she pointed out the small roving group of soldiers approaching them. She stepped out from underneath the rain shield as her eyes shifted hues, "Maya will dispose of them."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOkxgWvtD_I

Two blades materialized from rain drops that coalesced in Maya's hand as the Soldier Heartless caught sight of the young woman standing in the rain. Instead of attacking with the weapons, Maya waved the blades like conductor's batons and the rain seemed to pour harder as illusory drops manifested from thin air hiding Maya from sight. As the young woman dissappeared within the rain, the Soldiers became agitated as if the rain was hurting them. In fact, it was as the rain fell harsher it created a melody as it crashed into the area causing sounds as it hit objects.

Maya dashed out of the torrential downpour and took flight rending a Soldier to shreds with her razor sharp blades before dissappearing back into the rain. The Soldiers grew more tense and attempted to counterattack by slashing at the rain. However, each attack was responded to be a large spear of water piercing the heartless in time to the music that the rain caused. Finally, once Soldier was left and Maya appeared from the heartless' shadow twisting in an aerial spiral as she carried it up with her with a kick. In mid-air, she slashed the heartless consecutively before returning it to the earth with a spin kick.

Slowly, as the rain began to lighten, the music stopped. Maya smiled charismatically at the youths that had witnessed her prowess, "Maya knows what she's doing." She explained as she stepped back underneath the shield with Jonah and Brenna.

"Wow..." Jonah breathed as he watched the young woman resume her position next to the pair, "How did you do that?"

Maya smiled heartily, "Maya controls illusions." Not bothering to explain further while leading the pair onwards.

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Galia listened intensely to the stories told by his departed grandmother, his eyes and ears fixated on Yuki. Sleep was of no matter to him in this state, for falling asleep now would deny him the recollection of history that he now tucked deep within his mind. He would never forget this night, and the engaging tales that gripped him. As his ancestor departed, he noticed again a hand on Yuki's shoulder, pale white in color. Only after her departure did he let himself finally rest, his eyes dropping shut hastily. By some act of innate willpower, Galia had managed to sleep sitting upright, one of his blades leaning against one shoulder. A technique he learned from his mentor, it was once used by a group of skilled warriors to prevent themselves from being unprepared if they came under attack.

Galia woke with the sound of the wind traversing the forest. He noted his still sleeping cousin Kiryu and then made a mental checklist of what he may need to retrieve from home. While his family's background led to large stockpiles of goods, he knew he would not be able to haul all of it with him. He decided upon a relative basic assortment of healing and replenishment items, along with a few artifacts and foods. Of course, he would not forget to take a book with him, that was just rudimentary.

As his cousin Kiryu awoke, he glanced back at her and spoke.

"Gut morgan Cousine, I trust you had enough rest?"
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:06 am

Matsuda had sat down, listening the enitre time without sleeping. He didn't even seem to be tired, somehow... One would think that an old man would require more sleep, but apparently not this one. Glancing at the brothers, he saw them lying against a log, Redemi's arm protectively resting on Nobis's shoulders.

"Those two don't change, do they? Hmph, I bet they'll still be the same two idiots I know and love, even when this whole thing is over. Somehow, though, I doubt that this story will come to a close before long."

He continued to sit there, wondering whether he should let them wake up on their own, or if he should mess with them a little. Matsuda didn't even consider waking them up gently, no, it had to be a prank. But he wasn't sure if he should disturb them. This was the last time they would be able to sleep safely and soundly for a while...

"So, you two are going to follow your own path? It sounds like fun. Let us hope that we can meet again before this is all over, alright, Galia, Kiryu?"

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:47 am

Zakk stayed the whole time, not sure how to get back to his body. He tried listening to the stories his ancestor told… but he'd already heard most of them from him.

He instead tried thinking through how he and his mother would go about this. Would they both try to find the source of this? Where would they start? Stay and guard the island? Not much good in that. He never came to a concrete answer, instead deciding he'd figure it out at home.

He found himself home in bed as soon as Yuki left.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:09 am

Rosen was sitting up under a tree, the white box sitting on his lap, while he ran his fingers over the chains. "These are marked with magic text, so the chains are the outer most layer of the seals. Then there are the blood seals around the locks..." He muttered. The boy looked up from his examination, around the forest he had ran into since his escape from the manor. "What was that thing my dad used to say... 'if something is sealed in blood and chain, what is within, there will be something gained'...I guess there is something special inside" he said as he got up. Rosen stretched and slung the white box over his shoulder, using the chains as a strap.

"I need to move onto the town near by, maybe find some new clothes, then get on unlocking this box" Rosen said as he walked onto the main road. A bush rustled behind him, making his pause in mid step. A few men walked out from the woods, one holding a wicked looking knife. "Hey there, kiddo, you need to pay a toll to get through this forest unharmed" he said stopping ahead of his cronies.

Rosen cocked his head to the side slowly, turning around to face them. "I don't remember seeing a sign about that anywhere" he replied, a bit unaware of the fact they basically were preparing to rob him. "How much is the toll?" He ventured. The man in charged, smiled nastily. "Well kiddo, we take half of what you have on you, if you don't have much, we take what we think will pay us the most" he said. Rosen patted the pockets of his suit jacket and pants, then shook his head. "I don't have any thing sir"

The man frowned, then pointed his knife towards the box, strapped on Rosen's back. "Then we'll take that off your hands"
Eques tenebrarum
Leo the Militis de caligo
Leo the Militis de caligo

http://Fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top