Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:16 am

Zana swung back to cheerfulness surprisingly quickly, once the accusation had been taken back. "...Ooooh, so you work for Master X? Cool! I wonder when I'll get a badge like yours! I mean, I'm not technically part of the army, but I guess this makes us allies. ...Wait, it's not going well?" She bowed her head in thought. "Hmmm... Well, who knows? Maybe things will start to look up?"

As if one cue, she recieved a transmission from X2. Her Comm Unit was set to Speaker, so both of them could hear it.

["Hey, Zana, what's going on on your end? X and I are here with Devilbat Schilt and Childre Inaribitta. Turns out, these two have been working with the resistance groups in the area. I guess we lucked out. We took down a group of Mavericks in the area, and I think the enemy had tanks. I have to admit, they're good at setting traps..."]

...Zana, was it set to Speaker this whole time? Model L asked.

Errr... Oops?

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Raising an eyebrow at the voice seemingly coming from Zana's strange armor, the soldier queried, "Hey, if this isn't X, then who the heck are you? I could swear you sound just like him!"
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:49 pm

X2 paused for a moment.

["...Zana, is your Comm unit set to Speaker? This was supposed to be a stealth mission! And here I thought you were maintaining radio silence so that you wouldn't be caught... Well, either way, my name is X2. It's complicated. Once X has a free moment, we'll try and get you in contact with him."]

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:14 am

"No need; I'll just make my way over to your position on foot," the Reploid soldier said, "If Master X is there, I think it's safe to assume that the coast is clear."

Facing Zana directly, she continued. "I think my new ally here wouldn't mind joining me in meeting up with you, now would she? Oh, and by the way, my name is Tasha Skies, but that's Sergeant Skies to civilians and anyone under my rank."
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:45 am

"I, uh... haven't really been given a rank. This is my first day on the job, so I bet you outrank me. But, then, the whole Biometal thing probably makes a difference..." Zana shifted awkwardly, trying to decide on whether she was high-ranked enough. She chose to play it safe. "...Well, Sarge, I see dunno why we wouldn't wanna meet up with them."

["For the record, I don't have a formal rank, either. We just kind of assume I'm equal to Dracoex, Nebula, Falcona, and Wraith, and I dunno their rank. ...In fact, I don't think Neb ever got a rank, himself. Anyway, I think regrouping with our camp would be a good idea."]

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:45 pm

"Well, civies usually aren't given ranks. Even if you blokes may have commanded some of my boys before, enlisted men and officers are generally put above civilians in terms of-" She stopped mid sentence when X2 mentioned the sword wielding emerald Reploid. "...Dracoex? That old hunk of metal... he's still alive?" Her voice was disbelieving, yet laced with what seemed like excitement. Of what kind though, it was too faint to tell.
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:48 pm

["You know him? Well, all the more reason to meet up, right? You should probably get over here quickly."] X2 responded.

Zana nodded in agreement. "Sounds like a plan to me."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:01 pm

"Hmph, damn right we should. I've got a few words for that Reploid, I do." Her tone took on an arrogant and upset tone, the kind she might have had when a subordinate had made a mistake. Five minutes later saw Tasha and Zana meeting up with the group, the former saluting to X as she greeted him.

The Blue Bomber returned the salute, smiling warmly. "It's good to see you alive, Sergeant. We may never have met in person, but your commanding officers always told me that they could always rely on you ever since you joined up. It's too bad you went in as enlisted though; you would have made a fine officer."

"With all due respect sir, I'd much rather be fighting the enemies with my boys, rather than sitting someplace safe and sending them into danger's path. And if you don't mind me asking sir, but just where is Dracoex? I heard he was here, and I... needed to speak with him, sir." X pointed the soldier in the direction of the emerald swordsman, and with a final salute she made her way off. Turning to Zana, X gave her his thanks. "I'm glad you could find her. She was a valuable asset to the resistance force, Devilbat informed me, and a good woman."
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Zana and X2 looked at X expectantly. "So, what's the story behind this group?" X2 asked. "I haven't been infomred of any groups on the forest besides us and the Mavericks. I've heard something to the effect of 'the Hive is low on the food chain', so I doubt the Mavericks are having an easy time, resistance or not."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Holding his chin in a thoughtful manner, X answered X2 as best he could. "Well, from what Devilbat and Childre have told me, my guess is that this battalion of soldiers was cut off from Command Central when Master E's forces first struck, and by the time they reestablished connection there almost none of the HQ remaining to contact for orders or backup. They chanced across Devilbat and Childre, those two assumed command and they've been hiding out here ever since. Thing is, that all started over four years ago. I'm surprised that they've managed to stay alive this long, but I probably shouldn't be doubting my soldiers..."

X's musing was interrupted by the sound of metal banging on metal, a resounding DONG booming from behind the Blue Bomber and his friends. Whatever conversations that were being held amongst the resistance members fell silent as one voice rose above all the others; it seemed that Tasha giving someone a verbal whatfor, and considering whom she had gone off to see, it was obvious who that someone was.
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:05 am

"I keep forgetting that this hasn't just started recently... I only just got here." X2 muttered. "She hasn't seen him in four years... that sounded like it hurt."

Zana nodded solemnly, strictly crossing her arms. "Well, he had it coming. For four years."

X2 jung his head. "I'm not sure how exactly to argue against that... I mean, Dracoex doesn't deserve that, but I'm sure that, from her perspective, he does. But, then, if he forgot about somebody for that long, doesn't he deserve a blow to the head and a lecture...?" The copy scratched the back of his neck, trying to figure out whether Dracoex deserved his situation.

"And, well, Master X, if you don't mind me saying, if I were in your position, I wouldn't have expected them to survive, either." Zana stated. "It was pretty unlikely. Like, if I were in Master E's fortress right now, would I manage to fight my way through his forces and win the war single-handedly? There's the teeny-tiny chance that I would, but it's most likely that I'd be cut down in a minute, at best."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:25 am

X couldn't help but agree with the copy of himself; they were almost perfectly alike in both mind and heart, after all. He nodded in agreement with Zana's statement, as well. "That's right Zana, but the tenacity of our army to prevent another crisis like this was really strong. I'm just... well, a little surprised, no matter which two ways you look at it. But anyways, I think we'd better get these soldiers back to the human camp. It's far safer in Area A than it is out here. The only real threat would be an armored assault, and the forest where we are is dense enough to let us strike first against any mobile armor."

<I'm sure you saw my journal on dA, Nebula. This'll probably be the only site I'll be active on for a good, long while now>
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:37 am

<...And here I was, worrying that you'd forget your plot ideas and directions (and passwords) by the time you came back. Huh. Well, uh... that makes things just a little awkward.
...Moving on!>

The two nodded in agreement. "Still... what exactly is going on over there?" X2 asked?

"What else? A lovers' spat." Zana replied... 'helpfully'?

"Aren't you jumping to conclusions?" X2 pointed out. "There's nothing to indicate any romantic involvement between those two. Plus, there's the whole humans-and-reploids-can't-be-togeth-" He slapped himself in the face mid-sentence, heavy gauntlet and all. "-Sorry, it was still like that in the world when I first woke up."

"She's a Reploid."

"Wh-what!?" X2 was taken aback. He hadn't been around for the leap in technology that made Reploids nearly indistinguishable from humans. He shook his head, trying to suspend his disbelief. "Either way, what makes you think they're-"

The ice-wielding girl grinned at X2. "Women's intuition."

"I... wouldn't call that a credible source. It's irrelevant for now, anyway. We should hurry up and get back to the camp before we're spotted."

Last edited by NebulaGregarZX on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:37 am

<It's alright. And yeah, best not to beat the dead horse>

X, looking over his shoulder to see a red-with-frustration faced Tasha stomping back out of the throng and shouting out orders to the men under her command, gave a nervous chuckle and grin before agreeing with X2. "Yeah, we'd better. Though something tells me I'd better have a talk with Dracoex. I get this feeling that things didn't go over too well between him and the Sergeant."

Twenty minutes later had the rest of soldiers, Devilbat, Childre, and X's recon group back at the human refugee camp. There was quite a commotion about the rescued Innerpeace Army members, and a few joyous family reunions occurred. After the greetings and embraces had finished being passed around, several of the soldiers began reenforcing the camp's perimeter, using what spare supplies were present to construct an 8 foot high Duritanium wall that encompassed half of the camp, facing towards Innerpeace. On top of the wall were mounted a few Buster Machine Guns, all the anti-armor weaponry that could be spared, and a single short ranged radar array. In a matter of hours, the camp had transformed into a fully functional military outpost, complete with a makeshift command center, barracks and rallying grounds.

<I'll leave this bit open here in case you wanted to cover anything, like perhaps Zana meeting back up with Salve, or something else>
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:03 am

<...Hm. How much longer will we focus on them before switching back? Because I have two similar, mutually-exclusive ideas for Salvie, and which one I use depends on whether we'll go for a couple more missions with this group, or if we'll just cycle back to them later. I'll leave this bit open, just in case. Are you itching to change to another team, or did you want to stick with these guys for a while longer?>

Zana, having returned to her normal form, cast her gaze about, hoping to find her friend. "...Has anybody seen Salvie? I mean, it's not like I can see everything from right here, but I thought she'd be waiting to talk to Master X, or me."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:19 am

<There's actually a plot point coming up for this group soon, but since this whole section with X2 as your focus started, Nebula actually finished retrieving the final Ether Stone fragment. Save for the one Tryton has. Perhaps Nebula and co. could meet up with X2's group? ...then again, bringing in a whole star cruiser would attract the attention of Master E's forces, I'm sure. It's probably more noticeable than a Protoss Carrier assaulting your base in StarCraft>

Fairy Leviathan, who happened to be nearby with a group of children on a walk, heard Zana and strode over. "Hello again, Zana! I'm glad to see you're back in one piece!" she said cheerfully before continuing. "As for Salve, I saw her by herself near the dining tent. She didn't seem to happy, either. I'd ask why, but you know how the younger ones are; I can't leave them be for longer than a minute."
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:08 am

<Yeah, the reason I asked to go into this side-arc kinds thing is that I felt these guys weren't getting enough screen time. We should stick with them for a while longer. There's another perk to it, too; this is, essentially, Topic 3, and the main plot arc hasn't been actively shown yet. The whole "Gather the Ether Stone!" thing has been resolved, and we'll probably cut to them holding a meeting about it, and recapping everything, since technically, anybody on TITAL who doesn't feel like reading the archive (or if I just don't finish the archive before then) will still be informed enough to understand what's what.

See, the effect I'm talking about is a kind-of "Tutorial Arc ===> WHAM! Awesome story time!" thing. It's a transition between the less stuffed-to-the-brim-with-massively-destructive-concentrated-awesome stuff straight to endgame-level stuff. It's like jumping straight from Model X to Model O.>

Zana sighed in relief. "I was kinda worried she'd train herself half to death. If she's not too tired to move, she's probably fine. Not the type to go halfway with stuff like that, that Salvie."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:34 am

<Agreed. We can't just rush through it; we'd screw everything up if we did. Best to bide our time and make sure we do it right>

"Aren't we both aware of that, huh? Well, the children are probably getting restless again, so I'd better get going. See you later, Zana! Take care!" With a wave, the Ice Guardian walked off to rejoin the group of kids, leading them off on their afternoon excursion.
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 pm

<For the record, I'm sure we could think of a way for the groups to meet up, but probably not in their entirety. The ship's crew would probably still be on board, but most of the characters onboard would be free to meet with the camp. Still, unless you actually wanted that (I assumed you were being hypothetical), I'd like to wait for greater dramatic effect.>

<One more thing. Since Nebula and Fefnir and Burnout and the others in their group have been flying all over the world, doing missions, we haven't actually stated how long they've been taking to do all that. I kinda feel like what's going on with X2 and Dracoex and the camp is happening at the same time as that. Otherwise, we've got a long pause between "Victory! We got the fourth fragment!" and "Alright, so let's recap, now that we've done that". Like, a several-day pause in-story. My point is that the current mini-arc should go on for at least a couple more in-story days.>

Zana went off to meet her frustrated companion, leaving X2 to have a talk with the machine he was based on...

"So, X... Notice anything different about me?" The copy asked wryly. He tapped his heavy foot and subtly bobbed his head as a hint.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 am

<Yeah, it was mostly hypothetically speaking. I also wanted to throw out another option to you, but in hindsight it still would've been pretty convoluted if we tried to pull it off>

<Hm... yeah, that's something we should address... my guess? Around a week from Nebula creating the whole 'separate groups' plan after Foxstar died is when the group saved that infiltrated Innerpeace Cruiser. And stretching out this little arc for a few more in-story days? That should be easy enough, I'd imagine>

X smiled as he uttered a short laugh, "Yes, I noticed you got those Second Armor parts. I just haven't had the time to comment on it yet, thanks to being busy with our allies. Though I do wonder... did Dr. Light have more than just one of each capsule for each piece of the armors...?" He held his chin thoughtfully, trying to think of an explanation. "I COULD imagine him creating a back-up system just in case one of the more out-in-the-open capsules were destroyed, but making too many of them could prove risky, especially if someone managed to hack one of them. Highly unlikely as that is, it's something that the Doctor must have considered..."

Shaking his head, the Blue Bomber rubbed his temples in an attempt to clear his mind. "Ah, I've never been any good with this route of thinking. Besides, we have more important stuff to handle right now, as interesting at that is."

<I'm probably missing something by a mile, considering that I never played many if any of the X series. I'll edit this post if I screw up somehow>
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:35 am

<No, you're not missing anything. I don't even remember where those armor parts ARE, and they certainly weren't in the same place in MMX2. I'm going with the idea that the capsules are designed to move to locations that they know X (or X2) is going to visit, but hide, just in case anybody stumbles upon them. Or, the capsules are hidden EVERYWHERE, and Dr. Light's AI just activates the ones in X (or X2)'s path and loads them up with armor data, and are hidden for security purposes.>

X2 shrugged. "What exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean planning our survival strategy, or our plan of attack, or what?"

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:01 am

<Phew, okay then. Twas afraid I screwed something up there>

"Both, actually. We need to find a way to evacuate the civilians without being noticed. I know that Harpuia and Fefnir, after their team finished erasing any and all sensitive data left at the Headquarters, took our cruiser to go assist Nebula in finding the rest of those Ether Stone fragments, but before we can call them in to pull us all out, we need to blind Copy Elpizo's eye towards this area. A large ship coming down over the forest, even at the lowest altitude possible, could be detected from hundreds of miles away."

Sighing, X rubbed his forehead. "I probably should be spouting all of this information in the command center to the rest of the group. Ha ha... I never thought that I could become a tactician in the slightest before... well, before all of this happened," he finished, waving a hand around. "Guess time can really change a person, whether they be man, machine, or both. Anyway, I'm going to head to the command tent and talk over our options with everyone."
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:37 am

"I'll come with you, X." X2 offered.

How would we get him to stop looking at us? If we give them a good reason to look elsewhere... maybe... hm. What if we were have half our fighters pretend to go on the offensive, raiding any of their nearby outposts, moving progressively in one direction, while the other fighters take the civilians in the other direction, to be farther away from the 'distraction'. It might work, but that's a little risky. The attack group would be in a lot of danger, and have no support or down-time, and it leaves the civilians less-protected. And the attack group would have to find some way to rendeveaux with everybody, so we can't do that...

Maybe if the ship were able to provide the distrac- wait, that's a stupid idea. The ship is one of the things we need to stay out of their sight. It would only call attention to... wait, what about the HQ? Doesn't the building have any long-range ballistics? Perhaps we could send somebody to use them to distract the enemy...

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:48 am

He nodded before leading his Reploid friend to the now vastly improved Command Tent. Inside, a small radar station was working full tilt, scanning the vicinity around the camp for any signs of enemy activity, while Devilbat and Dracoex were discussing different ideas for evacuating the civilians and remaining soldiers to safety. As X walked in, X2 in tow, various soldiers on duty snapped to attention and saluted the pair, to which X responded with curt salutes of his own.

When the pair arrived at the swordsman and Judge's location, X immediately got down to brass tacks. "So, I'm sure you two know what the priority here is, right? Well, any ideas or suggestions yet?"

Dracoex sighed and shrugged, obviously weary of discussions by this point. "I fear the only viable option we can see at this moment is a mass exodus; attempt to escort the civilians back to Innerpeace controlled territory, the safest area being the one guarded by Omega, Phantom and Wraith. However, I think we all can conjure up what your response to that is, X."

"No." The Blue Bomber said flatly. "It's way too dangerous, and if in the likely event Copy Elpizo found out, we'd be slaughtered."
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:57 am

"So, we distract them. If they're too preoccupied with something else, they can't attack us." X2 suggested. "When people are being bomarded by heavy artillery, their first thought is usually survival. Second priority goes to retaliating at the source of the attack, and slaughtering us gets bumped down on the list."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top