Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:25 am

"Riveting," Falcona commented snidely from her seat in one of the piloting chairs, snorting in an unimpressed manner at Kosa's half hearted attempt at remaining antagonistic. "Well, if that's it, then let's get on with the details. Tryton, we need your help with just the layout of Master Elpizo's castle..." As the two Reploids went over the intricacies of how to plan their little invasion, Sola noticed Colbur staring at something in his hand, which was partially obscured by the rifle he held with his other. She leaned forward to catch a better glimpse, but pouted as he tucked it away into a pouch, a confident smile on his face. Curiosity, it seemed, was an emotion she was still quite unused to dealing with.

"...hm, this is all terribly complicated. We may need an Operator to help keep Team B on course." Tryton shook his head at X's commentary. "Not gonna happen. The entire place is shielded, and you won't get to the generator the way Team A is going." Frowning, X took a moment to think it over before coming up with an idea. Looking away from the hologram display, the Mega Man raised his voice. "We might need another member to join Team B. Any Operators here feel up for it?"
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:51 am

A gap in the circle opened up as a female Reploid stepped forward, crossing her arms. With armor styled like a red coat, blond hair set in a high ponytail, a buster strapped to her hip and a mean look on her face, she volunteered right away.

"I'll do it. I've got enough field experience to take care of myself, so don't worry about my safety."

Nebula nods emphatically upon realizing who she is, while Kosa seems to shrink back a little, trying not to be recognized.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:19 am

Nodding, X added the Operator's name to the list. "Alright then Marina, welcome aboard. Now, for the rest of the gang..." Resuming his plotting with Tryton, X's attention hyperfocused on the hologram of Master Elpizo's castle. In the meantime, Burnout made his way onto the bridge. Getting fixed with a stern glare from Dracoex, the Reploid made a mental note not to make a scene. "Geez, it's like everyone here is beyond lightening up..." Sliding into the crowd, he unwittingly placed himself near a somewhat retreating Kosa, still muttering under normally audible tones.

"This upcoming conflict - it will be no mere skirmish," Dracoex murmured to Nebula, his own arms crossed. "You never happened to obtain the final Ether Stone fragment from our... accomplices, did you?"
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:32 am

Sighing, Nebula shook his head. "Tryton isn't likely to hand it over unless we give him a good enough argument. If it's somebody he doesn't hate that he's handing it over to, that'll help."

Kosa backed right into Burnout, a look of panic crossing his face as he slips behind him, shoving Burnout into the place he was standing. After a second, he calms down and asks his former comrade. "...Hey. What happened to her after the incident? She's changed more than I thought."

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:59 pm

"Hey-!" Burnout had half a mind to deliver a beatdown - if only a verbal one - to whomever had shoved him, but that was before a familiar voice sounded aloud. "...you think I'd know? C'mon man, I barely knew the chick. As far as I was concerned till now, she was KIA or AWOL, at best. Maybe Rouge knows more? After all, Marina probably worked with her to help get this rusty floating bucket of bolts into the air."

By now, X and Tryton's conference had come to a conclusion, the holographic display winking off. "Alright, we've got a plan of attack. Guess you and Kosa will be heading off?" The ebony armored Reploid gave a small head shake. "As much as I want to run in there, I'm not stupid. That'd be borderline suicide - Kosa and I can't take down this fortress alone, so we'll work alongside you guys." Turning his attention to the group gathered on the bridge, X addressed both Groups A and B. "Okay everyone, we've got a plan set up. You all should get to the gravity lift - we'll be dropping off Team B further away from the fortress than Team A, so they aren't detected."

Tension was swiftly replaced with a general air of apprehension, mixed with excitement and anticipation. To say things were heating up would be an understatement by miles. As the infiltration team proceeded towards the grav lift, Sola tried to get a better look at the newest addition to her group. Who is she? the pink Reploid wondered, curiosity still proving to be a confounding emotion. Rouge had already gone ahead during the debrief, once more finding herself behind the controls of the massive lift. "Alright, coming up on Area B. Got a nice scenic view for you all, just don't get distracted staring. You have to get to the target as quickly as you can - Team A is dropping in about five minutes, tops. You guys ready?"

Phantom nodded in the affirmative, with Wraith giving similar confirmation. Colbur gave a confident thumbs up. Sola, after a moment's hesitation, nodded as well. "Yeah, I... I'm ready."
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Kosa gave a salute out of old habit, and Marina gave a curt nod of her own. "Everyone's accounted for."

Moving closer, Nebula gave Sola a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "You've got this. Remember, your goal isn't to retire him, it's just to subdue. If you don't know what to do, follow their lead. We'll see each other again once this mission is over."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:57 pm

For a moment, Sola felt the weight of realization flood her processors. This was to be the very first mission she'd run on without Nebula's backup, wasn't it? It intimidated her - after all, he'd been the one to pull her out of the fire every time she found herself in peril. But this was part of maturing, wasn't it? She needed to rely on others than just him, and perhaps even only herself. Forcing a small smile, the blonde Reploid gave a nod.

"...yeah, I'll make sure of it. Just don't do anything stupid, alright?" Giving a wink, Sola delivered a small shoulder jab to the White Reploid, like she had seen others perform. Clambering onto the grav lift's panel, the Reploid deployed her visor and Sonicboom Buster, a determined look upon her features. The massive device thrummed to life as the hatch beneath their feet opened up, slowly lowering the infiltration group down onto the rocky terrain of Area B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dahezcGa7S8

As Fefnir's ship rocketed into the distance, Phantom paused to look northward towards where the HQ was, only to see that it's massive hulk still stood. Even from this distance, it was apparent that the damage was significant. However, it's integrity hadn't been compromised, even by the incredible blast. "And still she stands..." Colbur, hefting his rifle, quickly took the lead. "Alright, let's move!"
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Nebula smiled, himself reassured that she'd be just fine.

"See? I told you the projected damage was way off." Marina muttered to them as she went along.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Even as the group began to make their way to the northern section where Area C and B combined, Fefnir's cruiser was already by the next drop off zone. Team A was swiftly dispatched even as the skies above Master Elpizo's castle filled with anti-aircraft laser fire. As soon as they were down, the mighty warship pulled away to a safer distance. On the ground, Team A found itself facing a large force of Mechaniloids, many of which were strangely Hive-less.

"So many peons... where did he acquire such a force?" The Rekku General wondered aloud, his blades igniting as he and his siblings prepared for a fight and a half. "Who cares?" Shouted Fefnir, Sodom and Gomorrah both materializing on his arms. "Means more for us to beat the crap out of!" The orange Reploid leveled one of his massive cannons, about to squeeze off his opening volley, when a black and white hand pushed the gun aside. "You have a good point, but there's one thing you mistakenly said." Removing his appendage from Fefnir's weapon, Omega turned to face the oncoming horde. His characteristic grin spread across his face, eyes flashing a deep crimson as his O-Saber appeared in hand. "It means for me to kill. You do-gooders would whine if I followed you indoors, anyway."

Falcona, insulted that her chance to raze hell would be taken away on a whim, almost stormed up to slug Omega a new one. "Why that greedy, blood thirsty, son of a-!"
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:04 pm

Nebula held Falcona back with a hand on her shoulder. "Let the God of Destruction handle this mob. I'm sure he'll catch up after he's finished in, say... half a century. We can start the kill count once we get in. We're not here to compete with each other... yet." He grinned. "Just pretend Omega's been disqualified from the rankings for misconduct."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:13 pm

As much as Falcona was loathe to find her poor mood alleviated by Nebula, of all people, she was more than happy to snide the much stronger Omega if that was the price. "Heh, I think flagrant copyright would be a more suiting offense for that faker." She shot a venomous glare in the Devil Reploid's direction, who merely flipped his hair in response. "I'll pretend I didn't hear that, worm. Off you all go, I'll be along shortly to pick up your remains."

With a psychotic laugh, Omega Zero generated a brilliant aura as the ground around his feet cracked and cratered. Dashing forward, he cut his way through a massive Mechaniloid tank, sending Kougenjins in every direction. Swaths of foes fell to this attack immediately as the God of Destruction entered his bloodlust, with countless more to follow suit. "So long as Omega keeps them occupied - and I'm certain of this being true - we should have nary a bother entering this fortress." Leading the charge, Dracoex drew his blade and ran forward, Scale Shield ahead to protect those immediately behind him.

~~~~

Roughly a minute following the start of Omega's rampage, Team B arrived at the foothills, overlooking the castle that dwelled far below. Even from that distance, every eye could see the destruction being swathed in all directions. "...Omega..." Wraith hissed, flexing his hands as they interchanged in and out of claw mode. Colbur frowned. "We've still got a distance to go, and they're already in deep!" Turning to the rest of his group, he nodded towards the castle. "I'm not as fast as any of you, so you guys go on ahead - we can't afford to waste any time! I'll catch up as soon as I'm able."
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:24 pm

"You heard him, let's go!" Kosa yelled, starting for their planned entry point.

Marina, however, seemed to disagree. "Colbur, are you sure you want us to leave you behind?"

Nebula switched to the Falcon Armor, using it to dash right through any enemy that got in his way. "This shouldn't take too long if we keep up the pace."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:40 pm

The Innerpeace soldier smiling knowingly, patting the satchel hanging from his utility belt. "Don't worry, Marina. I've got this covered. You just keep an eye on the rest of the wild cards - they're bound to get themselves into trouble."

~~~~

The gates to the castle stood tall and imposing, towering over Team A's members as they blasted their way through the Mechaniloid horde. Spinning about with her Ice Halberd functioning as a pivot, Leviathan heel-smacked the heads off several Variants, finishing off their backup with an icy shockwave. "We can't keep up this offensive forever as long as that door is there!" she yelled above the din of combat. Craft, having just blasted apart an approaching group of Galleon Blades with a few well thrown grenades, primed his cannon for an Exodus. "I'll blast through - keep them off my back."

As he charged up for the awe-inspiring attack, Fefnir and Harpuia fought back to back, the skies proving too perilous for the Rekku General to remain airborne. "Ha ha! Come get some, you outdated walking tin cans! Ol' Sodom and Gomorrah've got something to say to you all!" A Clawtank, primed to smash an unwary Dracoex and Nebula, was lifted from the ground by a electrical tornado, before being slivered into shreds via a multitude of Kougenjins. It's explosion created the split second image of a small sun, harshly illuminating the battlefield.

Deploying a green visor from his helm to aid in keeping his optics safe from the glare, Dracoex parried a blow from a Claw Variant, before neatly severing it in half. "A fine skirmish this turned to be, eh Nebula?" An airborne Mechaniloid screamed overhead, dropping several scatterbombs in their direction. As they both utilized their jets to dash from the resulting explosions, the Dragon Reploid used his momentum to catch a Galleon Missile by surprise, driving his fist straight through it's gut. "It won't be much longer till the final curtain draws, at least on this act of life. Almost a shame - your departure is hardly looked forward to."
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:56 pm

Nebula's optical sensors quickly adjusted to the flash of light, minimalizing any effects it had on him - with the WCS connected to his eyes, it would've been foolish to not put the most protection possible into them. "You say it like I'm leaving or something! It's not like my own dimension wants me back anyway!"

He poured his energy into the Starsaber, extending it and making a wide slash to clear the way on the ground as Dracoex got out of range. He immediately switched to the Buster, charging it up in the brief time before anything else could get close before firing off a piercing Charge Shot, then the White Reploid charged in further, slashing apart anything that got his his way and continuing on. With his off-hand, he fired at aerial targets to keep them at bay.

Noticing a number of Galleon Hunters arriving by air - reinforcements, probably - he took aim and fired at them individually, stunning all of them for a moment. However, the distraction was enough for a bulky Variant to get in close and deliver a punishing straight, sending him crashing through the battlefield and tumbling over the ground.

Marina glanced at the satchel. "I'm not writing a report that says you were killed in action, got it?" She dashed off with the rest of the group. "Alright, once you hear the sound of the front gates being destroyed, that's when he break in ourselves."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:47 pm

Seeing the White Reploid sent skidding across the ground, Falcona jet-jumped through the air, delivering a Shattered Earth kick directly into the Variant's face. The attack blasted the bulky war machine into fragments and splinters, the resulting shockwave sending Mechanaloids flying in all directions. Landing next to Nebula, the Predator Reploid hoisted her comrade to his feet. "Now ain't the time to be laying around, chrome dome!" Even as she said this, a flight of five Cankerflies darkened the battleground, dropping a massive barrage of explosive mines. Mechanaloid and Reploid scattered to avoid the blast, save for Omega. The God of Destruction hefted one of the heavy explosives single handedly and, giving it a solid toss, utilized it's timed explosion to obliterate one of the giant bombers. "Hah! Try harder next time, worms! You might actually scratch my armor!"

The other explosives detonated, pockmarking the battlefield in a dramatic manner. Thankfully, the shrapnel did little to no damage to Team A's members, although Dracoex found himself shielding a still charging Craft. "How much longer till your Exodus clears our path?!" The emerald Reploid shouted over the clamor of combat. "Five minutes. Hold them off till then." Simultaneously, Dracoex, Fefnir and Harpuia turned to give the Commando Reploid the most downright incredulous looks imaginable. Fefnir slowly raised a hand, voice somehow being heard despite the din all around them. "Did... did he just..."

~~~~

Sola, pressed against the wall of the castle alongside the rest of Team B, held her Sonicboom Buster anxiously. The sound of combat was so near, and yet they had to remain hidden. It was enough to make any normal individual - Reploid or human - nervous. As Marina rejoined the group, the tension only worsened. If she's back, then we're about to head in soon. Ohhh, I really don't know about this... Sola's face contorted, and she gave a small head shake. No, no, no, get it together! You gotta remain focused, Sola! They're counting on you!

Tryton, not precisely thrilled with the prospect of waiting much longer, grumbled. "How long does it take? If half of your friends are as strong as they claim to be, they should've been in already!" Phantom gave the ebony armored Reploid a stern look. "Patience is a virtue, even among Reploids. Any warrior worth his energy knows this, so consider this a lesson." Tryton was about to fire back with an irate line of his own, when a gargantuan explosion sounded from around the front. That, coupled with the sight of the gates blown sky high, was signal enough for the group.

~~~~

The barrel of his cannon smoking, Craft was the first to breach through the hole that resulted from his Exodus. With the exception of Omega, the remaining members of Team A followed suit. Yanking one of the shattered pieces of the gate itself, Fefnir sealed their pursuers outside. "Don't worry," he spoke in a joking manner to the Mechanaloids remaining on the other side. "I'm sure everyone's favorite genocide-loving freak will keep you all nice and entertained." The battle, however, was far from over. In the expansive halls lined with gold-tinted pillars and silver tiling, many a foe poured out from the adjacent rooms, seemingly unconcerned with causing chaos and destruction as they charged forward, firing barrages of missiles, grenades and Buster fire.

"Come get some!" Falcona uttered a battle cry before lunging forward, pinning an unfortunate Pantheon to the ground before punching it's single optic out the back of it's head. The air above was filled with Pantheon Aces, but even they were outnumbered by the missiles Craft bombarded them with, scorching the roof and walls with the flames of their destruction. Leviathan found herself in an odd dancing whirl of blades alongside Dracoex, the two a deadly cyclone of slashes. "Were this not a fight for our world, I'd almost call this a courtship, my good knight!" Dracoex cleanly avoided answering the flirtatious joking, focusing on the task at hand.
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Nebula began to weave through the chaos, cutting Mavericks apart and sending their remains flying, doing his best to intensify the mayhem. He began to chuckle as his attacks escalated, going from simple slashing attacks, to using the buster to send shrapnel straight through other enemies, to using his bare hands to break anything that came within range.

"Mweheheh... heh... Hehehehahaha! HAhahahahaaaa... HAAAAAAhahahahahAAAAA!"

His cackling grew louder and less composed as he began to tear more and more of them apart, beating the others with their fallen allies' appendages. It was starting to get kind of sick...

A counter went up as he fought, automatically keeping track of his kills, as he was no longer thinking rationally enough to count them himself.

Marina put a hand on Sola's shoulder. "You. Newbie. Don't tense up so much." She walked past the young Reploid before a sour look crossed her face. "...Just keep your cool. You'll start to feel less scared if you keep focused."

Taking her buster out and analyzing the door, she fired several shots into the weak points before kicking it. It wouldn't yield. The Field Navigator looked at Tryton. "Break it down. I don't have the brute strength."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Brushing aside the ponytail-sporting Operator, Tryton simply input a series of number key punches, and the door slid seamlessly open. "Anything else her highness desires?" To avoid further conflict, Phantom proceeded inside, leading the rest of the entourage in after him. Sola swallowed in an emulated display of anxiety, trying her best to steel her unsteady nerves. Just keep it cool, just keep it cool... It wouldn't be much longer now...

~~~~

Soon enough, the entire hall was filled with shredded Mavericks, their maroon oil splattered across the tile and walls. The crunch of shattered Ceratanium underfoot was heard as Craft made his way to the front, where Falcona and Nebula stood. Both Reploids were quite a sight, coated from head to boots in the sticky red mess. "Now that you two have had your fun, it's time we press onward. No doubt this Copy Elpizo of yours is expecting us."

~~~~

By this point, the infiltration team had proceeded through the winding corridors of the maintenance halls, disabling key systems and defensive structures as they went. Wraith phased back out of one such command console, having been searching for the base's shield control. "...this was not the one we seek..." Sola groaned at the news, her palm meeting her face. "This is taking too long!" Shouting back into the hallway. "This one isn't it, either!"
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:52 pm

Marina grabbed Tryton, generating a rough map of the area. "You're the only one who knows much of anything about this place. Which of the areas we haven't already checked are safe to ignore?"

Nebula shook his head for a moment, trying to clear his thoughts. "Right, right... just, uh..." He composed himself and followed after them. "I'm still seeing red..."

[Running system diagnostic...]

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:41 am

The ebony Reploid was about ready to knock Marina upside the head for her perceived indolence - why couldn't she just search herself? Silently, Tryton forced himself to calm. There'll be time to settle things later, he reminded himself. "These ones are just auxiliary power consoles, which leaves these three. I'm not sure which one is which, but one controls remote security feed, the other the shields, and the last one the anti-air grid."

~~~~

The group, wanting to give Team B some time to catch up, took to a leisurely pace down the hall, slaughtering the occasional patrol that happened to stumble across them. Leviathan paused a few times here and there, posing in front of the polished wall's mirror-like surface. As the group proceeded onward, Craft approached Nebula. "We still have the issue of Zephyra to deal with, after this whole mess is said and done. I don't know about you, but she and her brother can't be trusted. Double for that Kosa character - and Omega? We simply can't let threats like them go uncontested when the dust settles."
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:04 am

Marina nodded with a neutral expression. "That narrows it down. In the future, I recommend sharing this kind of information immediately, instead of waiting for everyone to demonstrate that they're not clairvoyant first."

Having marked the areas on the map, she sends it to the others before running to one of the locations herself, opening communication with the others. "'Sola, check location B. Wraith, take location C. I'm going to location A.'"

A grim look crossed Nebula's face. "Omega, Zephyra, Tryton, and Kosa... I don't think shooting them in the back would the the right thing to do. If we give them another chance to wreak havoc, though... Omega wants nothing more than to fight. The siblings want to serve Copy Elpizo, and while they may have feelings of vengeance, they might not be our enemies. I don't know about Kosa. He may be an idiot, but I'm worried about what he's capable of. We don't know his true intentions; all he ever said he wanted to do was kill the Maverick Hunters, like X, Zero, and I. So... if we just meet his challenge, and destroy him then, everything will be fine."

He glares at the floor. "Omega, meanwhile, is impossible to control. Once there's a time of peace, he'll be the first to cause mayhem. We'll probably have to destroy him as well."

[System diagnostic complete. Anomaly in WCS3.0 detected.]
[Attempting to troubleshoot...]
[...]
[...Fragmentation detected.]
[Commencing defragment process...]

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:24 am

The two made their way swiftly as they could to the consoles, both of them setting to work as soon as they arrived. In sheer spite of her naturally high speed, Sola found herself unable to type fast enough. "C'mon, c'mon, cmon...!" She pounded her fist against the console as she discovered it was merely the security control display. "Ooohh!" Out of frustration, she gave the machinery a solid kick, leaving a sizable dent in it's chrome surface. Wraith, in the meanwhile, managed to cut off the power flowing into the anti air batteries, clearing the sky of the dangerous barrage.

~~~~

"X, the skies are clear, sir! Someone knocked their batteries offline!" One of the few operators left aboard the Innerpeace cruiser reported to X, who's reaction was one of relief. "Good. Move the ship into firing range, and get the pin-point lasers ready. We can't use the big guns - might hit our friends down there." At his behest, the mighty leviathan roared towards the imposing fortress, weapons primed...

~~~~

Craft listened intently. At least he realizes just how much of a threat that 'Omega' is, but at the very least he has to see Zephyra for what she is - an unstable threat. The group continued to march on in silence, the tense air still pervading above all else.

<Sorry for the blank, open ending on the last segment. Brain functionality is failing me at this hour>
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:55 am

Reaching her own console last, Marina made up for lost time by typing a blinding speed, opening up the commands for the console. This is for the shields. There's no reason to completely deactivate it. In fact...

She opened a new holographic window, listening to the noise outside. One of the others already found the console for the anti-air batteries. Good. We could've been done with this phase a little sooner if that black Reploid with the chip on his shoulder had been more forthcoming.

The Field Navigator opened several more windows, quickly splicing together different processes and algorithms to create a Frankenstein of a program before loading it into the shield controls, making sure it was correctly set-up and closing all her other windows, opening one more and syncing it to the system. There, it's all ready. Don't worry, Dr. Ciel, we'll come to save you soon.

Turning away, Marina opened up communications with the others as she ran. "'Everyone, meet back up at point D on your map. We need to complete our mission objective as fast as possible.'"

Kosa was the first to join her, having been the closest to her position. "Way to not give me anything to do."

"I didn't know you needed orders from me to act. I'll make a note to tell you what to do from now on." Unlike her responses to Tryton, there was clearly a passive-aggressive tone to her voice.

"Did you even try to check and see if I was still alive?"

She paused for a moment before answering. "...My commanding officers insisted that you and Quasar were lost causes when your signals vanished. By the time I could go to the field myself to look for you both, I found his remains, and only a few pieces of you in the wreckage. You were dead, and I had to move on."

Kosa glared at her. "And why did you side with humans?"

Marina returned the look with an even harsher one. "Because Thomas Light wasn't the only one who ever did anything good. I wish you'd gotten over your disgust for them at some point; maybe you'd have done something worthwhile with the last century if you hadn't gone Maverick."

"I went Maverick because you bastards left me for dead! I was left to rot there for hours... days... weeks... I don't even know how long I was stuck there, immobile, limbs missing, parts of my own comrade lodged in my body, before I finally pulled myself together enough to crawl away!"

"And I'm sorry I couldn't come find you sooner." Her voice cracked slightly. "Everyone else was sad, too. Now stop and think for a second, was it worth it? Killing people and destroying things because of your temper tantrums? Will you just keep doing it? The ones responsible for what happened are all gone now. X, Zero, Dracoex, Burnout... they had nothing to do with it. If there's anyone left for you to take revenge on, it's me. So... what will you do?"

Unable to respond, Kosa just looked away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHVKullMuPY

They eventually came to a massive room, several doors lining the opposite wall. A single, hulking Reploid stood in the middle of the space, glaring down at them. Nebula groaned.

"Oh, for fuck's sake, not you again..."

"My eternal nemesis... today we bury our feud. For this is the day when I, the unstoppable Atma, rend your tiny skull and claim victory for my new master!"

The White Reploid stepped forward, holding out an arm. "You guys stay back, I'd better deal with the clown."

"You laugh now," Atma grumbled. "But wait until you see the new powers Master E has given me! I'm stronger than ever before!"

Nebula quirked an eyebrow.

[Scanning...]
[...Analysis failed.]

"...Okay, enlighten me. What's he done to you?"

"Not only have my weapons been modified to make killing you all as easy as breathing, but he gave me this wonderful gift!" The massive Reploid tilted his head, pointing to a patch of fleshy substance on his neck... "I have given up my body to the Hive, and it's so... so liberating! I don't care about the past, the future, anything! I just want to rip you all to shreds for my new master!"

Atma pointed at Nebula. "But you, Nautilus, you'll be the first one. I thought about whether I should make you watch as the others all die, but I'm too eager to pop your little head off to let them taste my vengeance before you! You should feel honored, this day will be made into a national holiday, in commemoration of your deaths and the removal of anything and everything in the way of the master's ideal world!"

Taking a massive collapsible axe from his chassis, the Maverick prepared for battle. Nebula just ignited his Starsaber. "...My name is Nebula. Everything else you've said has been a load of shit, but there's one thing you got right." He took a stance. "...This is the end."

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:21 am

Sola was the first to arrive, but upon hearing the two Reploids ahead of her position arguing, she quickly retreated behind one of the gargantuan pillars that lined the room. Her face slowly changed from one of concerned attentiveness to one of disbelief. These two knew one another? But how? Kosa was a maniacal murderer, a Maverick - how on earth did an Operator have ties with her? What was their relationship or, more accurately, what possibly could be their relationship? Unfortunately, the speedy Reploid had little time to process the possibilities, as the remainder of Team B arrived on the scene. Sola promptly fell in with them, resuming a more neutral expression.

Seeing Kosa standing alone, Tryton approached the black armored Reploid. "Hey, while we're in here like this, I'm gonna do some snooping around before we save Master E. There's a few rooms me and my sister weren't allowed in - it's high time I sated my curiosity. Feel like tagging along?"

~~~~

Sitting upon the sole bench in her cell, Zephyra's fists remained clenched in perpetual, inexplicable rage. She was defeated weeks ago - the end of Master E's vision was inevitable. Her anger should have subsided by now, and yet it still lingered, clouding her vision with a misty indigo veil. "How...? How could I have failed??" she muttered to herself, looking down at a now open palm, her face a contorted combination of both burning ire and swirling perplexity. "My brother and I... we were unstoppable. Indestructible! Our vision was righteous and noble! This is... wrong!" With a cry of frustration, the Valkyrie Reploid threw a wild punch, connecting - but hardly scratching - the reinforced Duratanium cell walls. Seeing the fruitlessness of her effort, Zephyra's fists shook and she grit her teeth, snarling at her inanimate foe.

You failed for you are weak.

A voice resonated inside of her cell, but from where? She blinked several times, head swiveling about to find the source of the disembodied words. Not seeing anything, the Reploid stood up in a defiant manner, her rage resurfacing rapidly. "Who's there?! Who are you?!" she called out, her tone seething, overflowing with venomous ire.

Your conscience... and your judge.

Without warning, blinding bolts of purple electricity arced outward from her chest, sparking across her body and rendering her mind all but numb from the all-engulfing pain. "Gyaaa!" She screamed from the agony, unable to defend herself from her unseen assailant's assault. She fell to her knees, eyes pinched shut as she attempted to cool her rapidly overheating systems with heavy breathing.

A weak, pathetic, idealistic insect. Your kind has no place in the world to come...

"Wha... what do you- GAAAHHH!" Zephyra's back arched from another onslaught of coursing lightning, hands grasping her helm as she attempted to focus on something - anything! - other than this horrible, wretched agony. It was, however, simply too much. The Valkyrie Reploid collapsed onto the ground, her entire being radiating wispy steam and gray smoke. Was this it? Would she die here, accomplishing nothing? Even the rage was beginning to recede...

Simpleton of a Reploid, clinging to your ideals and righteous foolishness.

Just beyond the sound of her hidden tormentor's voice, Zephyra faintly heard... a door opening? And were those footsteps?

And now, you will be eradicated, along with the rest of your worthless kind.

...silence. It was all there was. No final, excruciating shock to seal the end of her life, not even a small tingle to signal the beginning of the next assault. No, there was more than just silence. Relief? It, somehow, felt as if an incredible burden was lifted from her shoulders. Slowly, hesitantly, she allowed her eyes to open. The haze... it was gone, completely! "Seems this little bastard was giving you trouble." Blinking in surprise at the familiar voice, Zephyra moved to look up from her prone position. Standing before her were two crimson-clad warriors, one of them with his arms crossed and a vicious look upon his face, the other smirking, tightly gripping a most peculiar looking purple stone. "Zero...?"

Giving a half smile, the Red Raider gave a single nod. "The one and only. I was wondering when I'd get to meet the real Zephyra, not the mindless fanatic being controlled by this piece of the devil's work," he replied, tossing the stone to his companion. "It's all yours, Omega." The darker looking warrior held the stone with a death grip. "I swore I'd track you down, you pathetic worm. Guess this is a good start." With a single hand, Omega crushed the stone with a maniacal grin, shattering it into shards which he promptly stomped upon. "Hmph, one down." Giving a cocky smirk, the Reploid eyed Zephyra with a deathly look. "You may all be precious little nothings, but anyone who's a foe of Weil's is a... friend of mine."

Rolling his eyes at Omega's bravado, Zero extended a hand to the prostrate Reploid. "C'mon, we've got a war to win, and your adoptive father to save. Plus, just think of what your brother would say, us letting you stay out of the fight?" Blinking in surprise at this sudden level of trust, especially from the human she nearly had killed, Zephyra glanced from hand to bemused face twice, before grinning herself. Taking his hand, she allowed the Red Raider to pull her upright. "I wouldn't miss it for the world. ...now where are my blades?"
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:24 am

The Operator looked at Sola briefly before facing Tryton.

Kosa nodded, still off-balance. "Yeah, uh... sure."

"We should all go together." Marina said. "I'd rather not split up when we're investigating things that we have no prior knowledge about."

"Funny, I thought you were going to say something like 'I'll keep communications open, tell me if you learn anything important'."

"Let's just say I'm curious about this, myself. I'll document anything we find."

With a yell, Nebula ran straight for Atma, raising his sword.

The Maverick responded by swinging down with his axe, then making a horizontal swipe. "I will end you!"

"You'll die trying." Nebula muttered, sidestepping the first blow and dashing closer, escaping the second swipe by getting inside of Atma's guard. Finally, he made a forceful, leaping upward slash, rending the enemy's body with a Splitheavens.

He landed a few feet away, smiling a little. "...And that was the last ghost of my past. Pretty anticlimact-" The White Reploid was interrupted by a mass of tentacles shooting out of the gap and knocking him into the far wall.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:55 am

General shock was the group's main reaction, with an added side of panic as well as intense revulsion. "Shit!" Shouted Fefnir, already taking aim with Sodom. His Anti-Hive chip primed, he blazed out a firewall of projectiles at close range, causing the virulent mound of squirming Hive to ignite with green flame and many a shriek. Dracoex dashed forward, slicing through the mess in an attempt to hopefully free his comrade. "Nebula!" One tentacle was having none of it and, forming a solid appendage, slugged the Emerald Reploid squarely in the face. Sent flying backwards, Dracoex crashed on the ground at Falcona's feet. "Oh you fuckin' did not!" Jets ignited, spurring the rest of the group to charge forward, hoping to liberate their fallen friend.

~~~~

Tryton gave Marina a wary look. "I thought I said there was no we." Nevertheless, he and the group pressed on through a small doorway at the end of the hall, revealing several small storage rooms and many unopened containers. Phantom was content to stand guard as the rest of the group began to explore, searching for anything of interest. Tryton came across an unusual, out-of-place looking door, piquing his curiosity. "Hm... wonder what's in here?" He attempted to open the latch, but it was firmly locked. Frowning, he reached for his scythe, only to find he had left it back at Light Labs. "Dammit... hey, Kosa, c'mere! Could use your blade."
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top