Fate Gone Awry

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fate Gone Awry

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:15 am

Her eyes widened. "...Well, I guess you weren't kidding about fighting those creatures. Even hitting them with a real weapon didn't do much... But I don't see what having a weapon like that does to make you 'not normal'. I... I mean, you're still normal, yourself, right?"

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:27 am

Siks sighed internally. "Brace yourself." He pointed his free hand towards the ground away from them. Light began to gather in his palm before shooting out in a small blast of concussive force, impacting the ground.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

TITAL Characters: Trent, Sylvia
Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
Zombieland Characters: Necro, Crone
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:33 am

Vita looked at the display in awe, then turned her gaze to the ground below. "I see. You have powers... you can actually fight them. That's why you're not 'normal'. ...I think I get that much. So... tell me what happened to you."

She stopped for a second. "Actually... if you don't want to, you don't have to. It sounds like you've had a rough time of it."

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:38 am

"Thank you," he said, dismissing his weapon. "All you need to know is that if you do see Zexion again, he's not to be trusted. Now, what about you? Seems like you haven't had the best past, either."

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:07 am

"Yeah, well... it's not like I've gotten any glowy magical super-powers because of it." Vita looked at her hands. "This is kind of long-winded, but I have to explain from the beginning."

"There used to be a guy around here I hung out with. His name was Aleri, and we... we were the best of friends. Then, a while back, he started hanging out with me less. He said there was something he had to do, and he always made some excuse for me not to come along. I thought his parents were making him learn to play piano, or something embarrassing... I had no idea at the time that he was fighting those monsters."

"Then, just a few weeks ago, I got restless in the night, and looked out my window. I saw him running up to Station Heights, carrying a sword. I recognized the weapon, as I'd been to his house, and it was something that belonged to his father. I got out of bed and snuck outside, following him..."

"That's when I ran into those creatures. I saw him being attacked in front of Station Tower... it all happened down there, right below where our feet are right now. He was overwhelmed by them... and... and...!" She choked up, unable to keep going for a moment until she had calmed down again.

"I... I saw... something floating away. Then they... those things turned to me, and started swarming. I lost control of my legs, and I couldn't run. I couldn't scream. I still remember those yellow eyes..." Vita shuddered at the memory of her encounter.

"Everything went black as they attacked me, and it felt like I was drowning. Whatever had happened to Al was about to happen to me... but then... those creatures... they were gone. I felt something cutting through the ones around me, freeing me, and then I saw... at least, I thought I saw... somebody who looked like Al."

She reached up to her neck, for some reason. "Then, he... glared at me, for some reason. He was carrying the sword Aleri had taken, but it was different, somehow. It was unnatural, like yours. Then, he just... walked away. And then I blacked out, waking up the next morning in my bed."

Vita gripped the ledge tightly, her knuckles turning white. "I thought it was a dream, but..." She hesitated suspiciously, like there was something missing. "...when I asked my mom if she'd seen Al that morning, she looked at me funny. Haha... can you imagine?" Bitterness crept into her tone. "She said she'd never heard of any 'Aleri'. It was like everybody in town had just forgotten him."

"And ever since, I've been feeling the presence of those monsters... that same creeping terror is hiding in every shadow for me now. I tried to tell people about it, but something has everybody on edge lately, and all I've succeeded in doing lately is making people mad at me. You saw Seifer earlier. Even Hayner's gang won't talk to me lately, and we were all friends before it happened."

"...So, think I'm crazy yet?" She joked. "I was almost starting to believe that I was. That I'd been lying to myself, I'd never had a friend named Aleri, and I saw strange creatures everywhere. But you... you believe me. If there's anything you can do for me, it's this."

A couple of thoughts passed through her mind. She wanted to say 'Avenge my friend', but...

"I know he's out there, somehow. He can't be gone. I want you to find my friend."

...She managed to slip up and say that, instead. Vita hadn't meant to let her suspicion slip, but that specter that had saved her was a clue to the idea that Aleri was still around, somewhere, somehow.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:03 am

<Damn ALL of you people! Let me get a word in!>

Dispatch, having gotten bored of waiting, had started wandering around town. He passed the Sandlot, but the trouble was gone by the time he got there. He arrived at Station Tower, without realizing there was a conversation going on above him. He sighed. "Dammit, Siks, where the hell'd you go?"

Still...with a tower right here, he might as well time himself climbing it. It definitely wasn't a question of "if," just "how fast." Just training, for his next fight. He started jumping, latching on to every foot- and hand-hold he could see, and occasionally just using his sword to make his own. When he reached the top, his climb had managed to take him around the back of the tower. "1:15..." he said quietly. "Geez, I just started and I feel like I'm slipping..." And just then, he heard what sounded like the tail end of a conversation behind him, at the front.

"The hell do you mean I'm not the only one who can get up here?!" he said, mildly annoyed, at the scene below him. Still, he caught the name "Aleri," as well as "find my friend." He knew he didn't have time to be searching for anyone's friends, but his nature got the best of him. Couldn't hurt to keep an eye out, right?

"So," he said, stepping out from behind the clock itself, "What's this friend of yours look like?"

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:14 am

<Sorry, I assumed Dispatch would stick with Siks... I was gonna have Vita comment on how quiet he'd been.>

Vita was startled by the voice from behind her, whirling to look at it source. "W-who?! You were with Siks earlier, and... you have a tail!?" She looked back to Siks with a weary expression. "I think I'm getting a better picture for the whole 'not normal' thing..."

"...Al? Uh... here." She reached into her wallet, taking out a crudely-drawn picture. "...Sorry. He disappeared from every photo he's been in, so this is the best I can do."

The boy in the picture looked familiar... but it wasn't detailed or clear enough to make out who it could be.

"So, what now? You're not going to stick a weird machine on my head and suck out all my memories of this weirdness, then go off and fight those monsters, are you?" A thought struck her. "Wait... you know about those creatures. Do you know anything about them that I don't?"

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:17 am

<Yeah, he was kinda told stay put and I didn't get a chance to have him disobey, so...>

"In order: Yes, I do, that's really weird, no, and I probably shouldn't tell you for your own sake." He took a look at the drawing and raised an eyebrow. "This is definitely...a drawing..." The subject seemed vaguely familiar, but it was so...unintelligable that he couldn't tell why. He shook his head. "No, don't think I've seen him."

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:11 pm

"Dispatch, I think she deserves to know," Siks told him.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:32 pm

She looked at the Saiyan. "I don't like being in the dark about all of this. I don't think those creatures will avoid attacking me if I'm ignorant about all this anyway... knowledge is power, right?"

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:05 am

Dispatch just shrugged. "Alright, well I'm clearly outvoted. Hope you brought snacks, because this is gonna take a while."

"These 'black creatures' you're talking about are called Heartless, hearts that have been taken from normal humans and corrupted by the Darkness. They...basically just want to kill things and eat other hearts. Toys don't really do anything to them, so unless you've got a good punching arm, I don't see anything that could save you. The thing the Heartless are afraid of is called a Keyblade, and that's also the only thing that makes them die when we kill them. Otherwise they just kinda say 'nope, not dead,' and reappear somewhere else. Kinda a bitch like that...

"The black-coats are Organization XIII. They're just a bunch of assholes who go around into different worlds and toss in some Heartless for sh*ts and giggles. They kinda want to make Kingdom Hearts out of it, and the two of us are members of a group dedicated to fighting them because...Heartless are bad, and I was really bored at the time. We fought them already, but...we kinda got our asses handed to us on a silver platter...That about cover it, Siks?"

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:16 am

Vita closed her eyes, thinking. "Heartless... Organization XIII... and you two belong to a group that fights them?" She opened her eyes again, grinning determinedly. "Sign me up!"

"Sure, it'll be dangerous, but it's not like I'll be able to go about my day as normal knowing about all this, and being helpless. And I've always wanted to get stronger. So you can count me in!"

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:15 am

Siks thought it over. She did make a good point, she wouldn't be able to go about her life the same way after this, and he got the idea she wouldn't want to, anyway. And he had also seen first-had that she could hold her own in a fight.

"Okay," he agreed. "You're in."

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:42 am

Vita nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! Alright, I won't disappoint you guys! ...So, uh..."

And now it was awkward. What else was there to discuss? She'd already agreed to let Siks remain silent about his past, and she'd told her own story... and they agreed to let her in... what else was there to say?

Well, the monkey-tailed one had yet to tell his story, and there was probably some kind of screening process before she could become and official member... plus, she hadn't actually been told very much about the Organization. And how would they... oh!

"Say, you guys have a base or headquarters or something, right? How are we getting there?"

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:09 am

Siks held out his hand. "Once again, brace yourself." He opened up a Dark Corridor leading to Castle Restoration.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:22 am

The girl jumped at the sight, almost losing her balance. "Sheesh, the surprises just don't end..." She did look a little uneasy about the sight of it. "...So, that's some kind of portal to your base? W-well, no use standing around!"

Closing her eyes, Vita charged into the Dark Corridor.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:23 am

"Come for resources, return with a new member," chuckled Dispatch, shaking his head lightly. "See you on the other side, then." And he walked through.

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Siks walked through as well, and they came out in the meeting room.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:12 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZfMFyrJ2kA - Sora's Theme KHII

A boy was sitting at the head chair, waiting for them. He turned around to face the group...

"Hey, guys. Miss me?" Rexial called to them, standing up. "It's been a while!"

Vita stood to the side, transfixed by the walls of the room. It was a pretty strange castle, after all.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:18 pm

"Rex!" Siks exclaimed. "Where the hell've you been?"

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:21 pm

He just grinned at his friend, stretching his back for a second. "Well, for a good while I was comatose in some weird, hellish place that probably shouldn't exist, then I ended up at Disney Castle for a while. They held me there 'cuz I was suspicious. So! How's it been going? I saw you already recruited a new member. Susan, right?"

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:23 pm

"I take it she gave you the recap?" he asked.

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Rexial nodded. "Kinda. We got our castle smashed, our people beaten up, and our leader is long gone? I didn't get any details, and I figured I'd wait for you guys to tell me to whole story. ...Hey, who's the blue-haired guy, anyway? I ran into him after I had a chat with Kotank. He was with a girl, and I think they left. Ah, nevermind, it's not important."

"So, how 'bout that story?"

<Exposition cut?>

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:33 pm

<Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.>

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:48 pm

<Just to clarify, by "exposition cut", I'm assuming that you mean cut to after exposition has been given, since we'd kind of be repeating ourselves. Please correct me if I am wrong.>

khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top