Org. XIV (OOC)

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Org. XIV (OOC)

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:03 am

Nope. Not at all. That sequence was the culmination of all the bullsh*t we ever did in the story, ever. Of all time.

Aaron notably lost his status as a Heartless... probably. I remember his emblem disappearing. And Seth lost his powers for a while, too, which was a big deal. I think we 'purified' the Heartless. That was the term that was used. To be fair, it's mostly Skazza's fault, but we let it happen, by going along with it. Even though I wasn't there, I'm still at fault for not retconning the hell out of that one.

Oh, uh, yeah, Rex is both Al's darkness and a ton of other darkness. That's pretty accurate. But, well, I forgot to mention that while the two were joined, they were one of those Twilight-aligned types, with both darkness and light powers. My headcanon for those is that they're rare for a good reason. Only Lance, in this story, is actually able to use that power normally. Siks has an unstable heart, Aleri had an artificial form of it that nearly killed him. And even then, Lance gave up that power. I like to think of it as rare, honestly, because then it feels less like the go-to thing for any KH Mary Sue that isn't an eighth Princess of Heart.

Ah, well, see, I still have no idea what to do. I kinda committed all of my main characters to other things, so unless I can think of a good way to write the scene with Xerom that I mentioned, I'm out of options. I mean, I guess I could get started on Vita a little early, but whatever I write will be pointless filler.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:05 am

So I was thinking... this black mud I created can absorb things right? Why not have it serve sort of a nerf-bat for Rexial during this period of time while we figure out how to tone him down? o_O
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:23 am

Well, he never demonstrated truly god-like powers, so it's really a matter of how undefined they are. Giving him definite limits should be the first thing I/we do. But, in the meantime, ripping out most of his power could be interesting. It would serve to demonstrate the absorption capability very clearly as well. It would also make the enemy even more dangerous.

It might even be a good chance to set up a moment for Rexial to show off his actual <i>skills</i>, rather than his strength. And if he's made temporarily as fragile as he was meant to be, then there would be actual tension in any of his fights. A single heavy blow from a decent fighter would <i>kill</i> him. And it's not clear if he has a soul or not, so he might just be completely boned if that happens, even if Soren intervened.

Also, if we decided that Rexial DOES happen to be keeping the universe from collapsing, if that trait is taken by the enemy, then there's the dilemma of how to deal with an enemy that will take the universe with them if they're killed. I doubt we want to go that route, but I thought suggesting it would be nice.

It's kind of funny, though; both Lance and Aleri are injured already. Weakening Rexial on top of that is just kind of funny.

So... yeah. Exactly what you said. We nerf him until we figure out either how to bring him down to normal levels/figure out how strong he really is. In order to figure that much out, we need to know exactly what happened at that time. Which is going to be painful. I mean, we're dealing with universe-changing forces here, so we need to be extra-careful.

I can link you to where these events start, so you can at least see what happened for yourself, but I warn you, it will be painful. Come context might be appreciated, though, I'm sure. Would you like me to show you the link?

...I should write that thing with Vita. Honestly, I'm worried about whether or not I can write her character properly. This is the first major female character I've written, so please, feedback is much appreciated.

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:14 am

I think the general summary will just suffice for now. xD

I think the whole balance of the Universe thing should be something we avoid for now. We don't know for sure at the moment and I think keeping it ambiguous for now is the right move. It would be a nice moment for Rexial to get in on the action early, only to maybe discover he either underestimated his opponent or got careless/caught off guard due to the relative peace?

I dunno.

Haar, any ideas from you? Very Happy
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Nothing especially productive. Though I would find it hilarious if Rexial, being made of something which technically has no substance, were partially absorbed and became tiny as a result.

No, my main idea at the moment is focusing on how to continue writing my stuff without being too incredibly disruptive of the flow of the narrative. It is troublesome, to be certain...

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:15 am

Ha! That's great. Now I wanna go ahead and do that, but it would have to be temporary. Having Rex stay tiny for the whole arc would have potential for him to show off, but it would make him function strangely in interactions with people. He could probably just absorb a Heartless and be able to recreate his normal form, but making him tiny would quantify just how close he would have come to complete absorption, if a single measly Heartless has more darkness in it than he does afterwards. But that's actually a pretty awesome idea, so I won't forget it.

Hm... yeah, it's a problem. And with a new threat on the horizon, the main fighters will be fairly busy with the new threat, so perhaps getting them tangled in the fight would work? It would show them just how screwed the universe is without heroes, I guess, and introduce them to the others. I mean, what goals do you have for them as a whole, and for each individual? If we know, maybe we can work things out further.

Alright, to summarize the STUPID sequence of events...

First, a minor detail, Xemnas and several Org.XIII members attack storm the castle, and are eventually driven out, but Rexial is hit by Xemnas and knocked clear across the universe. Off-screen, he comes to rest in a gateway to a dimensional nexus called the Edge of Existence, which is considered both a boundary and a hellish place filled with creatures that scale to the strength of the person who is there, making it an excellent training ground, if you can survive. Rexial is left comatose in this gateway, just outside of where the enemies are.

Events happen. A Keyblade-wielding fire-elemental <s>Nobody</s> psychopath named Thananx joins the group. He decides it would be a great idea to open up Kingdom Hearts and learn more about the universe, and kidnaps the six Princesses of Heart that he can locate and takes them to Hollow Bastion with two other members.

SOMEHOW. He opens up a gate to Kingdom Hearts. It was done in the chamber with the Keyhole, so I... just don't know. They go inside, and it's not a sea of the unconscious deal or anything, it'll like a library. With books. One of which Thananx reads and learns the truth about Nobodies and stuff, and about Keyblades. Then he learns about the seven Keys to the Kingdom, a group of reincarnated Keyblade-wielding heroes destined to save the universe from darkness.

Then they all show up. Thananx turns out to be one of them, along with existing character Nori, and a bunch of new wielders show up, all of whom become unimportant except for Kuroyuki Kokoro. She's basically this story's equivalent to Sora, in that she's the savior of the universe. While the others are either useless or borderline-evil. And she uses darkness, by the way, so that's another plot hole!

So, then Org.XIII shows up. All of Org.XIV is called in and there's a epic battle with a million pages of OOC and retcons, along with Xemnas getting decapitated in the first clash before retcons. The heroes win, and while there are character-important things like Zane realizing who he really was all this time, the universe-important thing happens: the seven Keys come together and use their power to seal the darkness out of the universe.

Off-screen, though, it has to pass through the gate where Rexial is, which is why he absorbed some of it. Relative to the amount there is, very little, but relative to any one being, a LOT. So naturally, it could be any amount within reason and still make sense. The Heartless are 'purified', including Aaron and Seth, two humanoid Heartless characters. Seth loses his terrifying powers, and his first course of action is to question the heroes about what the hell they've done. Wow. SETH was the voice of reason here.

So, the seven Keys are returned home, which leads into Kuroyuki's story starting, which is honestly kind of interesting. The starting conflict (Org.XIV vs. Org.XIII) ends, and then the plot that actually has to do with saving the universe is set into motion as a consequence. Also, during this sequence, Thananx was acting incredibly strange. The others were confused, but compliant. Even Yuki, who, again, USES darkness, and starts out a little biased against LIGHT.

This all led me to theorize that somebody or something was just trying to manipulate them into doing this horribly stupid action by controlling a psychopath and gathering the people with the power to do as he thought, and making them submit to his will. We didn't figure out what this entity's goal would be, but thinking about it, its goal could have been to take command of the entire universe's darkness. Rexial would have been something of an obstacle, and probably the reason why this entity isn't going to be completely unstoppable. In fact, this entity could have been influencing Rexial to commit suicide to release the darkness he mistakenly absorbed, and only Aleri's accidental reabsorption of Rexial prevented that in the end.

So... it's possible that this would make sense of SOME of it. But now all. Any thoughts?

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:02 pm

I like it. It doesn't explain why KH was a library and not...y'know, a city, like it was in KH2, or an endless abyss of Light like it was in KH1, but it does a fairly decent job of explaining the rest of it.

I mean, all in all, I don't like the idea of adding things to try and make sense of bull-crap from several years ago, but at this point, we have literally no options other than that, so I think this is the best course of action. It also sounds like we might, maybe, possibly, potentially be able to work in the Keys to the Kingdom again. Maybe. If we care enough. Which we probably don't.

And speaking of the nonsense at Kingdom Hearts, is there potential to get Fate Gone Awry moving again?

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:02 pm

Hmmm...

I kinda get it and yet am confused at the same time. It's a strange feeling. =.=

Alright, more ideas off the top of my head while you guys figure out what to do in order to continue:

The new antagonists I'm thinking of could actually have their own heroic ideals, so to speak. But the difference in these ideologies can cause the two organizations to come into conflict with each other. I'm beginning to visualize it in my head so I'll probably take some time to figure it out.

For the current mindless antagonist, I've actually thought of something... What if it were related to Rexial in someway? I mean, darkness and evil are associated with each other, right? Even though that has proven to be false, since darkness is not inherently evil, it has shown that negative emotion attracts darkness more than others. Well... my original intention was for this to be a really powerful being corrupted/possessed by by a 'root of all evil' sort of thing so maybe this could be the evil that Rexial did not absorb with the darkness?

And now the evil is trying to reunite with the darkness that Rexial absorbed to form into a whole being? It would also explain why it's so effective against Gods and Rexial, being a concept/idea given form as well.

Hmmm... Could be interesting to consider... o__O

Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Well, the Kingdom Hearts in KHI was made from the hearts of worlds, and the KHII one was made from the collected hearts of people/Heartless. This one was... made from... bullshit. It might not even have been Kingdom Hearts! It might have been something created from the six princesses, which would've been a nexus of power in the universe, temporarily, meaning that it would have been easier to do what they did. I guess. Probably. It's stupid. But we could make it make sense, probably.

FGA involves a number of the old characters, but I did specifically leave it so that anybody could leave. I'd LIKE it to continue, but I was the previous poster, and nobody else is doing anything.

Uh, we need to make sure their ideals DO actually clash. Enough so for them to try to kill each other. Because if they agree, then there's no reason to fight.

...So, this mindless enemy is a being that was possessed by the entity responsible for those events, and is seeking to claim all the darkness for itself? The problem is, then it would succeed by absorbing most of what Rexial has. And basically become Nyx, only aggressive. Which means everyone ever is boned, unless we can think of a way to deal with that.

And don't worry about the weird feeling. It's... headachy to begin with, and now we're trying to make sense of it.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:23 am

Well, what if the ideals were similar? Just more extreme and could make sense? It would make the conflict all the more painful.

Hmmm, well it doesn't have to be Nyx. The fact that Rexial still has his own identity means that he could possibly not be the avatar of darkness. But maybe close to it? An idea is that maybe killing him unleashes all that darkness instead. It would be more interesting, wouldn't it? He is literally the keeper of darkness... Keeping it in check, I mean. O_O

As for this evil spirit... It's not Nyx, neither do I have any plans for it to be. Kinda of like a... Beacon of malicious intent and emotion given form. O_o
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Okay, we need to define what ideals we're talking about here. I'm having a hard time thinking of something while we're being unspecific like this.

I didn't mean actually Nyx, I mean something that's unstoppable, like a force of nature. Only in this case, one that attacks and kills people of its own volition.

That... doesn't challenge my point. If this entity takes Rexial's darkness, then he's pretty much unstoppable, unless we have a way around that. I mean, we're still going with the idea that it's got everything Rex DIDN'T get, right? So taking back what he missed would result in becoming complete.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:50 pm

The way I'm understanding it, this creature is something more akin to the Unversed, in that more so than creatures made of darkness, they're just a physical manifestation of negative emotion that spawned from it.

With that said, by extension I have no idea where exactly they would have come from, given that their cause in KHBBS is not relevant in even the remotest sense to this story. Actually, come to think of it, BBS kinda just makes this entire story completely impossible, but regardless. This existed before BBS.

Off-topic stuff aside, that does raise a question: Where did this manifestation of negativity COME from? I mean...concepts and ideas don't ust suddenly take form for no reason. In the case of the Greek gods, they were said to be essentially the grandchildren of the sky and the earth, and had control over what they had control over. This creature...doesn't have that. It's basically just the embodiment of all things goth/emo, because shut your face. I understand that we haven't gotten that far yet, but at the same time, this thing needs some reason that it exists, and if it has existed, it needs a reason that it's only acting now. X-Sigma was a psychotic maniac, but his timing was more or less random. And while he was insane and evil, he didn't embody it.

The more I think about this, the more holes I poke in it, but they are reparable holes. This is just forethought to prevent plot-holes from opening in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:52 pm

I thought that was just a suggestion xD I was trying to tie some stuffs together but it could go either way.

@ Haar: I've come up with the origins and everything too but I'm mot intending to spoil everything at the moment. However, I can only give hints in words: Sacrifice, Sin and Mistake. Very Happy

As for the reason... well, I've come up with that too. Probably a little later though.

As for the ideals... well, saving the world? The Universe, even. In their own, twisted way, perhaps. But the end result could still save the world... except it might mean the old one goes with it. Something like that. Hmm... Ideas. I'll need to think more on the people inside the group I'm making.

Any ideas are welcome, of course... We're writing this story together! Wink

Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Ehh, I'm a little shaky with that. The whole "Same goal but they're killing/hurting people" thing has been done. Although, I am glad you have origins and etc planned out.

I'd suggest something else, but I have to go and don't have time to think. If I come up with anything in the meantime, though, I'll be sure to at least mention it!

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Yeah, it is a little cliched... hmm... =/

Welp, back to the drawing board for those guys!
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Hm. Perhaps they could be trying to actually seal all of the darkness away, because fighting the Heartless as we do isn't efficient at all, and only works for worlds we know about and can reach? That would definitely strike a few chords, if you remember Sylvia. Her ship, possibly her home world, and maybe even her dream all got swallowed by darkness because the organization didn't know about it. Of course, at the same time, they would either have to be ignorant of the fact that this would destroy the universe, or have a way to split everything without causing the universe to collapse.

...Well, you said to make suggestions, so how's that?

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:55 pm

I kinda like the first idea. They're trying to destroy the darkness without realizing that the rest of the universe would go with it. It reminds me of Eraqus for some reason, even though I'm pretty sure he would have known that...

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Sounds pretty rad O_O

Definitely an awesome suggestion and a thought inducing one...

Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  XGeass on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:56 am

Wow, it has been awhile i since I was last here. So I finally caught up with the plot and...the new main villain is Avenger/Angra Mainyu?
XGeass
Seth, the Imago Tenebrarum

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex on Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:46 am

AHA!

Close but not quite there. It's not them... exactly. Still, it's close. Will you be coming back to RP Xgeass?
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  XGeass on Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Not sure. I dont have as much free time as I used to.

Though if I were I in now one of my characters would be furious someone is destroying one of his favorite "playgrounds".
XGeass

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:07 pm

Oh, it's not Angra Mainyu? Good. Then we won't need to bring Hhura Mazda into things.

*Does not get the reference to Fate, but understands the reference to an ancient Persian religion whose names escapes me.*

And XGeass! Great to see you again! :D

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:35 am

*Sigh* The page reloaded. Goddammit...

Alright, I'm gonna keep it brief this time. Storm, don't do something as crazy as bending reality to disable corridors without running it by us. We're not twelve, we can handle the responsibility of corridors. Besides, they've got advantages and disadvantages; they're not just some broken power. The thing that makes them broken is the use of OOC knowledge, which we're much cleaner about now.

I'm kind of offended that you did that, really. I get that you probably feel like your creative freedom is being restricted, but that's not our intention. I'll let it slide this time, but since I'm technically in charge of the universe - something I don't like bringing up, for the record - at least bring it up with me first. My PM box isn't constantly full or anything, you can shoot me a message to make sure it's okay first. And I don't mean that you need to run EVERYTHING past me, but when it's something that huge, it's not cool to just do it.

...To clarify, I'm not retconning that. Just expect me to have a workaround so that certain plots aren't rendered impossible. Corridors aren't going to stop working completely; it's just going to be a while before they'll be usable again, and even when they are, there will be further restrictions. If you were worried about our characters DCing straight to the villain and killing them on the spot before, worry no more. Even WITH OOC knowledge, they won't be able to do that.

Honestly, I kind of like some of the things that could come of the lack of corridors. I can just picture Rex's reaction, since he literally cannot fly ships. And Al's incompetent at it, too, which makes them much less flexible. But we're not going to disable that ability completely if we can help it. Plus, technically the Heartless use those corridors to travel, too, and I really, really don't want to restrict the freakin' Heartless like that. And I'm really just mad that you did something this big without any permission or so much as a warning. It's not that I disapprove of putting limitations on; but you really shouldn't be able to decide that on your own, especially when you don't know everything about the story.

Okay, lecture 2.0 is done. I mostly posted that because I figure I needed to voice some concerns and make sure you knew that that was a d*ck move, but the real reason I started to write up a post is that Organization XIV - the group in-story, not the story itself - is going through changes and reorganization. So I wanted to run a lot of it by you guys. It's all justified in-story by the new crisis forcing them to get their act together, but I really don't want to force something you guys don't want on you. 'Course, this means I need you guys' feedback before the story goes much farther...

See, for one, notice how we had over thirty members before? More than half of 'em aren't even part of the story anymore. It's just silly to keep the number count so high, and it feels unfair to any new members - such as Jackie - that they should be disallowed from joining as a proper, numbered member, just because twenty or so people who aren't around anymore beat her to it.

So the numbers are going to change. I imagine Xeromus, Rexial, and Siks will keep their numbers as I, II, and III, since they're pretty core people, and actually stay in touch, but past that, there will be changes. And new titles will be distributed, too, so I'd appreciate suggestions, though I already have titles for most of the characters.

Now, the part I'm most concerned about is this: I want to change the uniform. Don't get me wrong, I like the Org.XIII coats. But they don't feel like something unique to the group. In fact, in KH, they're not even unique to Org.XIII anymore. Half the cast can get ahold of them without any explanation. Plus, we defeated Org.XIII fifteen topics ago. That's not hyberbole; it was literally fifteen topics. I think it's time they severed ties to their old archenemy, don't you?

That's the new design, as worn by Rexial. I will allow, and even encourage you guys to have your characters make their own personal touches. I tried to keep a number of the traits of the Organization XIII coat, like the hood, zippers, and being functional as a raincoat, so it's not as radical of a change as suddenly making the uniform into, say, a military garb, or a suit of armor.

Now, for this bit... See, Edgar suggested making the coats color-coded. Or I did. It's been a while, so I don't remember exactly. But he suggested having Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather - the three fairies who made Sora's KHII gear - enchant the coats to reflect their wearer's alignment. That's their Law/Neutral/Chaos alignment. He also suggested having other details be affected by their element and general disposition, but I feel that it falls under personal adjustments.

So, the two ideas we've got going now is that Law = blue, Neutral = gray, Chaos = red. But it was also suggested that Chaos = gold, since that's already established as being related in the story. I figure I'll leave it up to personal choice.

What do you guys think? I really want to go through with this, but I don't want to force it on you. I mean, it requires that you figure out your Law/Chaos alignment. Still, I really like the idea of making the group even more their own thing, rather than being an imitation of Organization XIII.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:37 pm

...I totally forgot we have uniforms, in perfect honesty.

And I think we discussed it in PM before, but for a more widespread audience, I'm all for re-numbering Org XIV. Like you said, the majority of our members have just up and vanished, whether someone...not entirely relevant, like Maxgen or Kizu, or someone like Dispatch, who has a reason to be gone, but has been gone for nearly the entirety of the skipped time. I feel like a lot of our higher-numbered members deserve to be brought down, given that a bunch of the others have essentially retired.

As for the uniform, I like the look of it. Is that street-clothing I see under the coat, or is it also part of the uniform? I kinda like the idea of the former, it feels like they're trying not to really hide anything.

Also, regarding Dispatch (who will be back eventually), I have no idea what his alignment is. I mean, being a Saiyan, it's pretty much needless to say he's a Blood Knight, but he also...doesn't act very "Chaos-aligned," as far as I can remember. I might be a little bit biased on the whole thing, but isn't he pretty laid-back? I know for a fact that when he wasn't out on a mission, he was asleep, at least in the beginning. I guess Chaos works for him, given that Chaos isn't Evil, but I dunno. I feel like that implies battle-hungry, and while he enjoys fighting, I wouldn't describe him that way.

As for his title...not really my thing, thus why he was previously the "Steel Saiyan." All I can say is I think it'd be great if his title referenced him as "Monkey" in some capacity.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Yes, those are street clothes under the coat.

Well, Rexial is Chaos-aligned, even though his loyalty to the organization would imply Law. Ultimately, he'll do what he thinks is best, and to hell with the rules. He just knows that, for the most part, going outside the rules isn't such a good idea, since he and the organization have the same goals of being do-gooders. Of course, if you feel like Chaos is still too far for Dispatch, you could go for Neutral.

Point being, disposition and alignment don't have to completely line up. I had Rexial pegged for Law myself until I thought about him a little harder.

Yeah, uh, my replacement title for him was "The Legendary Super Saiyan". Should we work on that one and improve it a bit? I mean, if you want it to call him a monkey, then it could be "The Legendary Monkey King". Or for the Journey to the West reference, "The Eastern Monkey King", though that's a tad less bad-ass.

NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: